Just got back from hospital as prolapsed two of my lumber discs in my back. Been carrying around the cabs by myself the last few weeks and the last time was spinning it around when the cab caught some thing and stopped. Unfortunately I continued to rotate with my body and my back didn't like that.
A little update anyway before this all happened.
The long floor braces that run under the door sill did not fit in my container. So I poured the vinegar into some pvc sewer pipe instead. Also have the front cross member in there getting treated. Left the lid loose to release any gasses.
The vinegar has done a good job on the floor braces. Pretty happy with the results.
To get the hinge pocket back straight I just used some heavy walled steel to hit against.
The torn hinge pocket looking much improved. Will weld up the tears in the corners later on when it is in the workshop.
Just showing the worse part of the crease caused by the door swinging too far open and doing this damage along the edge of the pillar inside. It runs all the way up the cowl side.
To work the crease out from the door swinging out too far, just used this spoon dolly and just swung it back and forth slowing working it out. Kept my other hand on the outside in the crease so I could feel exactly where it was.
This is the dolly I used to work out the crease. Often used to repair the rain gutters etc.
Coming up pretty well and at this stage had not used a hammer at all or even touched this side of the panel to get rid of the crease.
Looking a lot better and used the slapper and another spoon dolly between the inner skin and the pillar. This will do for now until I strip the paint later and do final work on it.
These are all the tools I used to repair the hinge pockets and the long crease that ran right up the side of the cowl.
Can see a little more work to do near the top which I will do later once the paint is stripped and have the top cut off as well for better access.
This photo shows just how much of a wedge shape the cabs have both in the flat plain and vertically. They are sitting level and square to each other. What is going to make extending the cab hard is that the sills are also curved, and not a consistent curve at that! It has more curve towards the front than at the back.