Thanks for the feed back guys.
Not sure if I should be posting the following as not that interesting, but guess it does show work that gets done and never seen later on?
Been looking for thing to do while my back heals, so little jobs that don't require lifting much it is. Least now I can even pick up a tool if I drop it on the floor, which was a real struggle a few weeks ago. Doing great now though.
Made a template of the top of the Willys firewall and then widened it 9" to suit the new width it will end up. Going to use the very top of the Willys firewall and attach it to the seam the template it sitting on. So everything above the template needs to be removed.
I need to leave the the upper part of the donor firewall in place as the A/C unit draws the fresh air from this compartment. Will need to completely reshape the upper piece to fit under the Willys curved cowling.
I have folded the flange down at each end that used to be up. This is so I can attach ducting to it so air can be drawn in from the side of the cowling where I will weld in some louvres.
Top of firewall reshaped. This will be hidden behind the top part of the Willys firewall.
Now need to flatten out the top piece. This will act as a support between the top of this firewall and the bottom of the channel piece below it.
I started by softening the crease by hammering a T dolly, that I made 20 years ago, along it. I use this too if I over fold something a bit as well. Followed it up with a blocking hammer over the stump.
Starting to get the profile I am after now. Will have to work it some more to bring it back in line yet. This will never be seen as under the Willys cowl and using it more as an exercise in seeing what I could achieve. Would love to have an English wheel as would make this job much easier.