Originally Posted by UKWK
That's precisely the bits we would want to see. It explains your thought process when we see the finished article.
Thanks for doing what you do and sharing it.
Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
Thanks for letting me know. I'll add this then.
Wont go into too much detail on the other side, but will show what I was up against and anything that I did differently
Repairs starting on the opposite side door now. The whole bottom of the door below the ridges will be cut off and replaced.
The front part of the door looks better on the outside, but way worse on the inside.
The return back to the door skin is completely gone. Front and rear of this door will be cut off and made new.
Outside skin tacked up ready for welding.
Welded and hand planished.
Was fortunate to be invited to the workshop of Peter Tommasini and he showed me a few tricks on how he bends the piece I folded up for the bottom of the door frame. Placed it in the English Wheel with little pressure and pulled down on it while pulling it through.
He is checking the outcome.
A little adjustment over a tyre and done.
I used the same technique for the inside frame part as it is curved, so had to make sure it matched the profile of the door sill. Can see the new drain I put in as well.
Inner frame work welded in and outer skin flange folded over by hammering and backed up with a dolly.
Back part of the door all repaired and added. Made the door to match the other side exactly and will make the door opening to suit it.
Inside I have all the beads etc lining up as well
It pulled a bit straighter than I wanted after welding and folding the skin over. So just supported the door on the outside edges and hammered down along the end to get the curve back. Worked fine.