Greenwayer's Sparkly Build - Page 3 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Photo/Video > Members Rides

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #25  
Old 08-26-2014, 08:43 PM
Strongjeff's Avatar
Project Six Shooter / ROUSH Prototype Tech

My Jeep: 2008 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Woodhaven, MI
Posts: 8,948
Thanks: 417
Thanked 663 Times in 595 Posts
Rep Power: 340018
Strongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwayer View Post

Ummm no I don't think so. Anything you wanted me to review?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
What about you kickers?

__________________
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #26  
Old 08-26-2014, 09:05 PM
greenwayer's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 6.4L WK
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 3,464
Thanks: 115
Thanked 232 Times in 185 Posts
Rep Power: 590984
greenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Greenwayer's Sparkly Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongjeff View Post
What about you kickers?

Honestly I was thinking of replacing them with focal's. Actually I ended up only paying $20 for them once I sold my Boston's. Don't get me wrong they are great speakers for the $350 range but they can't compete with the clarity of a $1500 focal setup.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6.4L (The beast) (Fastest lifted WK) The Sparkly Build
2012 BMW X5 Turbo'ed (The b*tch)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L (Ol' reliable)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-26-2014, 09:08 PM
Strongjeff's Avatar
Project Six Shooter / ROUSH Prototype Tech

My Jeep: 2008 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Woodhaven, MI
Posts: 8,948
Thanks: 417
Thanked 663 Times in 595 Posts
Rep Power: 340018
Strongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Greenwayer's Sparkly Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwayer View Post
Honestly I was thinking of replacing them with focal's. Actually I ended up only paying $20 for them once I sold my Boston's. Don't get me wrong they are great speakers for the $350 range but they can't compete with the clarity of a $1500 focal setup.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Well no 350$ set can compete witha 1500$ set lol. But they are great on a budget...

Ive been looking at focal and hertz too
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-26-2014, 09:14 PM
greenwayer's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 6.4L WK
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 3,464
Thanks: 115
Thanked 232 Times in 185 Posts
Rep Power: 590984
greenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Greenwayer's Sparkly Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongjeff View Post
Well no 350$ set can compete witha 1500$ set lol. But they are great on a budget...



Ive been looking at focal and hertz too

Exactly. I haven't heard a set of hertz speakers yet tho


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6.4L (The beast) (Fastest lifted WK) The Sparkly Build
2012 BMW X5 Turbo'ed (The b*tch)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L (Ol' reliable)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-26-2014, 09:16 PM
Sleeps's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,111
Thanks: 0
Thanked 71 Times in 64 Posts
Rep Power: 582188
Sleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond repute
Ive been looking into getting myself some obx headers for my 5.7. I heard of some close calls down underneath for mostly 08+ Wks me having an 05 i think im in the clear but should be kinda tight. Did you have problems with rubbing and how much was install since being so close it should be around the same for me if you care to share.

Dont think ive told you before but its a great looking Jeep even if it hates you most of the time.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-26-2014, 09:25 PM
greenwayer's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 6.4L WK
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 3,464
Thanks: 115
Thanked 232 Times in 185 Posts
Rep Power: 590984
greenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond repute
Greenwayer's Sparkly Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeps View Post
Ive been looking into getting myself some obx headers for my 5.7. I heard of some close calls down underneath for mostly 08+ Wks me having an 05 i think im in the clear but should be kinda tight. Did you have problems with rubbing and how much was install since being so close it should be around the same for me if you care to share.

Dont think ive told you before but its a great looking Jeep even if it hates you most of the time.

Go for it bud. It clears everything but your right it is kinda tight. The resonator is pretty close to the tranny pan but there is 3/4" of clearance which is enough. Install was $0 since I did it myself when I pulled the motor. The bolts are a PITA to get to and it is time consuming tho. From what I've been reading on the forums people pay around $800 for the install tho.

And thanks man! That's why I still have it lol


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6.4L (The beast) (Fastest lifted WK) The Sparkly Build
2012 BMW X5 Turbo'ed (The b*tch)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L (Ol' reliable)
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-26-2014, 09:34 PM
Sleeps's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,111
Thanks: 0
Thanked 71 Times in 64 Posts
Rep Power: 582188
Sleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwayer View Post

Go for it bud. It clears everything but your right it is kinda tight. The resonator is pretty close to the tranny pan but there is 3/4" of clearance which is enough. Install was $0 since I did it myself when I pulled the motor. The bolts are a PITA to get to and it is time consuming tho. From what I've been reading on the forums people pay around $800 for the install tho.

And thanks man! That's why I still have it lol

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
800... might take a weekend and do it myself and just drive it to a shop for a custom Y pipe and reuse my cats. I have this annoying exhaust sound when im next to something like the million of barriers on the highways here. I figure i have a hole or something wrong with it or might bent the flanges when i did my cat back. I take it going without cats here in Cali you have a hook up for smog? Lol
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-26-2014, 09:39 PM
greenwayer's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 6.4L WK
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 3,464
Thanks: 115
Thanked 232 Times in 185 Posts
Rep Power: 590984
greenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond repute
Greenwayer's Sparkly Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeps View Post
800... might take a weekend and do it myself and just drive it to a shop for a custom Y pipe and reuse my cats. I have this annoying exhaust sound when im next to something like the million of barriers on the highways here. I figure i have a hole or something wrong with it or might bent the flanges when i did my cat back. I take it going without cats here in Cali you have a hook up for smog? Lol

Yup that'd be the way to go. Instead of doing a y pipe I went with a magnaflow dual in single out muffler. Actually longtubes may make that sound worse. The cast iron manifolds actually deaden engine sound quite a bit which the headers will kind of pronounce. I know a place but it's expensive, however Alex might. I haven't had to have had a smog done yet.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6.4L (The beast) (Fastest lifted WK) The Sparkly Build
2012 BMW X5 Turbo'ed (The b*tch)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L (Ol' reliable)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-26-2014, 09:51 PM
Alex47er's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,950
Thanks: 178
Thanked 296 Times in 264 Posts
Rep Power: 169742
Alex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Greenwayer's Sparkly Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwayer View Post
Yup that'd be the way to go. Instead of doing a y pipe I went with a magnaflow dual in single out muffler. Actually longtubes may make that sound worse. The cast iron manifolds actually deaden engine sound quite a bit which the headers will kind of pronounce. I know a place but it's expensive, however Alex might. I haven't had to have had a smog done yet.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
I know a shop that will do the job but you get what you pay for I will most likely have to get my welds redone. It sounds like my problem is sleeps problem next to another car or against a barrier sounds like a hole bubbling I hate that shit so I'm taking it to another shop.
__________________
2006 Jeep 3.7 JGC

Too many mods to list just check out my build THREAD ! :thumbsup:[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-26-2014, 09:54 PM
Strongjeff's Avatar
Project Six Shooter / ROUSH Prototype Tech

My Jeep: 2008 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Woodhaven, MI
Posts: 8,948
Thanks: 417
Thanked 663 Times in 595 Posts
Rep Power: 340018
Strongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex47er View Post
I know a shop that will do the job but you get what you pay for I will most likely have to get my welds redone. It sounds like my problem is sleeps problem next to another car or against a barrier sounds like a hole bubbling I hate that shit so I'm taking it to another shop.
Does the sound seem like its up near the engine or near the muffler?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-26-2014, 09:55 PM
Alex47er's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,950
Thanks: 178
Thanked 296 Times in 264 Posts
Rep Power: 169742
Alex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Greenwayer's Sparkly Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongjeff View Post
Does the sound seem like its up near the engine or near the muffler?
Honestly let me drive and I'll let you know it's right in the middle if I'm correct and it also send to choke after the bubbling
__________________
2006 Jeep 3.7 JGC

Too many mods to list just check out my build THREAD ! :thumbsup:[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-26-2014, 09:57 PM
greenwayer's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 6.4L WK
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 3,464
Thanks: 115
Thanked 232 Times in 185 Posts
Rep Power: 590984
greenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Greenwayer's Sparkly Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex47er View Post
I know a shop that will do the job but you get what you pay for I will most likely have to get my welds redone. It sounds like my problem is sleeps problem next to another car or against a barrier sounds like a hole bubbling I hate that shit so I'm taking it to another shop.

No bro we are talking about a smog hookup shop not a muffler shop


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6.4L (The beast) (Fastest lifted WK) The Sparkly Build
2012 BMW X5 Turbo'ed (The b*tch)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L (Ol' reliable)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
build

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Matt's 2006 WK Stereo Build Log Matt Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 130 04-27-2016 01:46 PM
Build sheet details NHWK05 Grand Cherokee - WK 27 07-10-2009 01:36 PM
Few Pix of my Stereo Build. TimmyB Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 22 07-02-2009 09:53 AM
My humble stereo build sousa Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 9 06-12-2009 06:44 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.