Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Photo/Video > Members Rides

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 09-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1608
Brian1f1 is on a distinguished road
Talking Inferno V6 Overland Arrived Today!

My Overland got to the dealership today! I got the black interior and the V6, no other options. It does have QuadraLift! They couldn't have it ready today so I will be picking it up Monday. FYI I placed my order on July 20th.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Traverse City Michigan
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1584
jamesdomagalski is on a distinguished road
Re: Inferno V6 Overland Arrived Today!

Brian Congrats. Where are you located. I ordered the same vehicle on 7/7 and the now have pushed the ship date to next Wednesday. Just trying to figure out how yours came in and mine which was ordered 2 weeks eariler is still not here.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Technosavant's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: STL, MO area
Posts: 1,282
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 2890
Technosavant has a reputation beyond reputeTechnosavant has a reputation beyond reputeTechnosavant has a reputation beyond reputeTechnosavant has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inferno V6 Overland Arrived Today!

James, you aren't alone. My V6 Overland was ordered 7/10, was built on Aug. 26, and is still sitting in Detroit. For some reason those of us who ordered in early July and had ours built in August are just sitting. Site Supporters can have their vehicles tracked by Milous (there's a special thread for this in the site supporters area).

There's just no rhyme or reason to what's going on. The only things that appear sure are that recent orders are built and shipped quickly. They are clearing out the backlog of vehicles somewhat (most Overlands in the tracking thread are now enroute). Still, some remain with ZERO information on what's going on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1608
Brian1f1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Inferno V6 Overland Arrived Today!

Some potential causes could be, dealer allocation, options ordered, engine ordered, devine intervention... ect. I'm sure some other guys know other reasons. I'm in Pittsburgh.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1608
Brian1f1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Inferno V6 Overland Arrived Today!

Also some get picked for longer quality checks.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Technosavant's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: STL, MO area
Posts: 1,282
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 2890
Technosavant has a reputation beyond reputeTechnosavant has a reputation beyond reputeTechnosavant has a reputation beyond reputeTechnosavant has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inferno V6 Overland Arrived Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1f1 View Post
Some potential causes could be, dealer allocation, options ordered, engine ordered, devine intervention... ect. I'm sure some other guys know other reasons. I'm in Pittsburgh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1f1 View Post
Also some get picked for longer quality checks.
Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but those items are well and truly BS at this point. The V6 was indeed holding up production a bit, but now it seems there aren't any parts shortage for production. Besides, once built, parts shortages are less a concern.

As for being picked for "longer quality checks," I'd like to know how long is "longer." It's one thing to be talking a day or two. There's several of us who have been sitting at "Casf-Eldon Yard" for two full weeks with zero motion. That's more than enough time for them to inspect the entire vehicle by going in through the tailpipe. That's also more than enough time for them to zero in on a specific QC item and fix it.

The only item I have left to consider as an actual reason is gross incompetence. Some idiot decided to shunt a few Grand Cherokees off and put them under a rock. It isn't a glut waiting to get dispatched; if that were the problem, you'd anticipate "first in, first out," and that's just not what is happening. It isn't "more extensive quality checks." They've had way more than enough time to do that. It isn't even "fixing problems," because they've had plenty of time to not only fix any problems, but scrap the vehicle and run a replacement on down through the assembly line.

Whatever they're doing with these vehicles, there's no remaining reason I can see for it. If they needed some for weeks on end, they could have built a few demo models rather than diverting sold orders.

Jeep has some real questions they need to answer, and they just aren't going to do so. Even when asked point blank several times in the engineers' chat, they completely ducked the question. Something is amiss.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-18-2010, 04:36 PM
dubwarren's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 1,119
Thanks: 1
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 0
dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren
Re: Inferno V6 Overland Arrived Today!

i wouldnt wait till monday dude.....id show up at the dealer and sleep next to it if they held it till monday. there would probably be a fight if they tried that with my new overland.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Traverse City Michigan
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1584
jamesdomagalski is on a distinguished road
Re: Inferno V6 Overland Arrived Today!

The tracking area is great and I would sign up to be a site supporter but I don't have a pay pal account to pay the membership. Guess I'm still stuck back in the stone age.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Western Michigan
Posts: 191
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1684
DavidB is on a distinguished road
Re: Inferno V6 Overland Arrived Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technosavant View Post
Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but those items are well and truly BS at this point. The V6 was indeed holding up production a bit, but now it seems there aren't any parts shortage for production. Besides, once built, parts shortages are less a concern.

As for being picked for "longer quality checks," I'd like to know how long is "longer." It's one thing to be talking a day or two. There's several of us who have been sitting at "Casf-Eldon Yard" for two full weeks with zero motion. That's more than enough time for them to inspect the entire vehicle by going in through the tailpipe. That's also more than enough time for them to zero in on a specific QC item and fix it.

The only item I have left to consider as an actual reason is gross incompetence. Some idiot decided to shunt a few Grand Cherokees off and put them under a rock. It isn't a glut waiting to get dispatched; if that were the problem, you'd anticipate "first in, first out," and that's just not what is happening. It isn't "more extensive quality checks." They've had way more than enough time to do that. It isn't even "fixing problems," because they've had plenty of time to not only fix any problems, but scrap the vehicle and run a replacement on down through the assembly line.

Whatever they're doing with these vehicles, there's no remaining reason I can see for it. If they needed some for weeks on end, they could have built a few demo models rather than diverting sold orders.

Jeep has some real questions they need to answer, and they just aren't going to do so. Even when asked point blank several times in the engineers' chat, they completely ducked the question. Something is amiss.
Hey Techno, look at it this way you and I are going to have the most flawless Jeeps to ever come out of any factory with the amount "extra" QC that our must of had in the last 12 weeks.

Serenity now, Serenity now!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1608
Brian1f1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Inferno V6 Overland Arrived Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubwarren View Post
i wouldnt wait till monday dude.....id show up at the dealer and sleep next to it if they held it till monday. there would probably be a fight if they tried that with my new overland.
I got them to get it ready and picked it up at 3!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1608
Brian1f1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Inferno V6 Overland Arrived Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technosavant View Post
Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but those items are well and truly BS at this point. The V6 was indeed holding up production a bit, but now it seems there aren't any parts shortage for production. Besides, once built, parts shortages are less a concern.

As for being picked for "longer quality checks," I'd like to know how long is "longer." It's one thing to be talking a day or two. There's several of us who have been sitting at "Casf-Eldon Yard" for two full weeks with zero motion. That's more than enough time for them to inspect the entire vehicle by going in through the tailpipe. That's also more than enough time for them to zero in on a specific QC item and fix it.

The only item I have left to consider as an actual reason is gross incompetence. Some idiot decided to shunt a few Grand Cherokees off and put them under a rock. It isn't a glut waiting to get dispatched; if that were the problem, you'd anticipate "first in, first out," and that's just not what is happening. It isn't "more extensive quality checks." They've had way more than enough time to do that. It isn't even "fixing problems," because they've had plenty of time to not only fix any problems, but scrap the vehicle and run a replacement on down through the assembly line.

Whatever they're doing with these vehicles, there's no remaining reason I can see for it. If they needed some for weeks on end, they could have built a few demo models rather than diverting sold orders.

Jeep has some real questions they need to answer, and they just aren't going to do so. Even when asked point blank several times in the engineers' chat, they completely ducked the question. Something is amiss.
Man, I'm not going to take it the wrong way as I don't work for Chrysler, and don't have a clue what they are doing.... hope you get yours soon
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Technosavant's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: STL, MO area
Posts: 1,282
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 2890
Technosavant has a reputation beyond reputeTechnosavant has a reputation beyond reputeTechnosavant has a reputation beyond reputeTechnosavant has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inferno V6 Overland Arrived Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
Hey Techno, look at it this way you and I are going to have the most flawless Jeeps to ever come out of any factory with the amount "extra" QC that our must of had in the last 12 weeks.

Serenity now, Serenity now!!
I sure hope that's the case. I'm somewhere well past aggravated, progressing past "pissed," and am well on my way to "livid." I just keep trying to tell myself that this isn't that big a deal in the big scheme of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1f1 View Post
Man, I'm not going to take it the wrong way as I don't work for Chrysler, and don't have a clue what they are doing.... hope you get yours soon
I just didn't want it to sound like I was dumping on you- if you haven't been following the tracking thread you aren't likely to know that the usual assurances have worn thin and we're getting progressively testier as we see newer vehicles ship while ours sit.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tinted tails arrived today LTrainGC Visual Modifications 46 02-05-2011 04:22 AM
My dealer has an Inferno Overland with Quadra-lift Scottina06 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 20 09-18-2010 03:17 PM
Goodies arrived!! maxst2 Grand Cherokee - WK 13 09-08-2010 02:26 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community