Thanks to the bravery of jager, acid, and some others, I finally got up the nerve to hack at my front bumper. I used a dremel and ez-lock cut off wheel, then a sanding wheel for finishing.
First I taped off where my line would go. This helps to keep the paint from chipping or peeling back when cutting.
Tip: in curved areas, use tape to make your line. Just lay a strip over your taped off area, mark your line, an peel off to make a perfect straight line:
Next, I had a couple hits of shine to get some courage:
After the rough cut I knocked off all the plastic burrs with my hand and proceeded to finish off with a sanding wheel. I rolled the edge for a nice round bevel.
Afterwards I taped off and rattle canned everything underneath flat back, including the washer fluid reservoir (until it is relocated).
I also got my new hood in today!
Bodywork starts Monday.