The Lucy Build. - Page 113 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Photo/Video > Members Rides

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1345  
Old 01-29-2016, 09:44 AM
Strongjeff's Avatar
Project Six Shooter / ROUSH Prototype Tech

My Jeep: 2008 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Woodhaven, MI
Posts: 8,943
Thanks: 417
Thanked 663 Times in 595 Posts
Rep Power: 340010
Strongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwayer View Post

I would think your mll's would be fine in the rear with ome springs since they are meant to be extended longer than our jeeps do, lol you remember how much of a bitch it was to even get those suckers in. So you wouldn't need 5100's in the rear. Those moog upper control arms are pretty much the same as stock except they have a grease fitting on them... I don't think they'll help very much TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
I am inclined to agree Josh lol

__________________
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1346  
Old 01-29-2016, 09:47 AM
paroxysym's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2007 4.7L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baltimore, Md
Posts: 1,092
Thanks: 1
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 11297
paroxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Lucy Build.

theyre a subtle upgrade over 162k OEM uppers.. LOL. if youre DD'ing your WK and not wheeling at all/once in a blue moon, I think they'll be just fine. I just cant see, at least for me forking out $300+ for a set of RRO UCAs or JBAs when im not beating the hell out of them.
__________________
2007.5 WK Laredo 4.7
- OEM+ -

Future Mods: N/A
Reply With Quote
  #1347  
Old 01-29-2016, 01:33 PM
Alex47er's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,950
Thanks: 178
Thanked 296 Times in 264 Posts
Rep Power: 169739
Alex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: The Lucy Build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwayer View Post
I would think your mll's would be fine in the rear with ome springs since they are meant to be extended longer than our jeeps do, lol you remember how much of a bitch it was to even get those suckers in. So you wouldn't need 5100's in the rear. Those moog upper control arms are pretty much the same as stock except they have a grease fitting on them... I don't think they'll help very much TBH.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
BIGGEST pain in the ass. They have minor squeaking but its nothing to get ass hurt over.
__________________
2006 Jeep 3.7 JGC

Too many mods to list just check out my build THREAD ! :thumbsup:[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote
  #1348  
Old 01-31-2016, 02:47 PM
paroxysym's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2007 4.7L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baltimore, Md
Posts: 1,092
Thanks: 1
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 11297
paroxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Lucy Build.

Looks like end of February won't cut it. Somehow I snapped to wheel studs on my front drivers side wheel so she will be heading to the shop Friday for springs, UCAs and new studs... Pretty stoked. Lol thought I'd share
__________________
2007.5 WK Laredo 4.7
- OEM+ -

Future Mods: N/A
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to paroxysym For This Useful Post:
  #1349  
Old 01-31-2016, 05:30 PM
Alex47er's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,950
Thanks: 178
Thanked 296 Times in 264 Posts
Rep Power: 169739
Alex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: The Lucy Build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
Looks like end of February won't cut it. Somehow I snapped to wheel studs on my front drivers side wheel so she will be heading to the shop Friday for springs, UCAs and new studs... Pretty stoked. Lol thought I'd share
Wow really? How did that happen? Lately my suspension has been great so ive been debating on ome but still getting that clunking sound every time I hit a ditch or something. Maybe ball joints? Thats the only thing for all lol.
__________________
2006 Jeep 3.7 JGC

Too many mods to list just check out my build THREAD ! :thumbsup:[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote
  #1350  
Old 01-31-2016, 08:04 PM
paroxysym's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2007 4.7L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baltimore, Md
Posts: 1,092
Thanks: 1
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 11297
paroxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Lucy Build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex47er View Post
Wow really? How did that happen? Lately my suspension has been great so ive been debating on ome but still getting that clunking sound every time I hit a ditch or something. Maybe ball joints? Thats the only thing for all lol.
No clue to be honest, slower to a stop the other night and felt a loud pop in my front end- I originally thought my UCA took a shit. Nope, two lugs missing and the studs broken flush with the rim.

Have you done the swaybar links and swaybar bushings? Gone back over and torqued the front strut mounts?
Reply With Quote
  #1351  
Old 01-31-2016, 08:16 PM
Alex47er's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,950
Thanks: 178
Thanked 296 Times in 264 Posts
Rep Power: 169739
Alex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: The Lucy Build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
No clue to be honest, slower to a stop the other night and felt a loud pop in my front end- I originally thought my UCA took a shit. Nope, two lugs missing and the studs broken flush with the rim.

Have you done the swaybar links and swaybar bushings? Gone back over and torqued the front strut mounts?
We did that about a few weeks ago the four bolts up top right? We did those and helped with any noise coming from the front but the clunk is still there. I have a feeling its the ball joints because it happens at times when I turn
__________________
2006 Jeep 3.7 JGC

Too many mods to list just check out my build THREAD ! :thumbsup:[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote
  #1352  
Old 02-18-2016, 07:57 AM
paroxysym's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2007 4.7L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baltimore, Md
Posts: 1,092
Thanks: 1
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 11297
paroxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Lucy Build.

whats the latest?


figured id check back in. will say the OME is amazing, just shy of 22" on all 4 corners. I do have a vibe now in the front driveshaft, but bought a rebuild kit. also the steering knock has reared its ugly head, so I need to tweak the rack adjustment screw. also need to retorque the struts, but other than that- amazing. also the moog UCAs are a great upgrade over my 160k OEMs.


did you ever find that clunk?
__________________
2007.5 WK Laredo 4.7
- OEM+ -

Future Mods: N/A
Reply With Quote
  #1353  
Old 02-18-2016, 11:06 AM
Alex47er's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,950
Thanks: 178
Thanked 296 Times in 264 Posts
Rep Power: 169739
Alex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: The Lucy Build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
whats the latest?


figured id check back in. will say the OME is amazing, just shy of 22" on all 4 corners. I do have a vibe now in the front driveshaft, but bought a rebuild kit. also the steering knock has reared its ugly head, so I need to tweak the rack adjustment screw. also need to retorque the struts, but other than that- amazing. also the moog UCAs are a great upgrade over my 160k OEMs.


did you ever find that clunk?
I get a knock when I turn the steering wheel is there anyway of showing me what bolt or screw you torqued? I plan on getting the rro ucas jist because I refuse to deal with anymore ball joints. Also ordering my red halo/black housing headlights tomorrow (payday). Im glad your not getting a clunk going over the potholes. I hope the UCAs do the trick if not on to other mods can afford ****ing with the suspension anymore.
__________________
2006 Jeep 3.7 JGC

Too many mods to list just check out my build THREAD ! :thumbsup:[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote
  #1354  
Old 02-18-2016, 01:27 PM
paroxysym's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2007 4.7L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baltimore, Md
Posts: 1,092
Thanks: 1
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 11297
paroxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond reputeparoxysym has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Lucy Build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex47er View Post
I get a knock when I turn the steering wheel is there anyway of showing me what bolt or screw you torqued? I plan on getting the rro ucas jist because I refuse to deal with anymore ball joints. Also ordering my red halo/black housing headlights tomorrow (payday). Im glad your not getting a clunk going over the potholes. I hope the UCAs do the trick if not on to other mods can afford ****ing with the suspension anymore.
no I still get a clunk, but it has to be the bolt on top the strut mount for the strut. its heading to a buddies house for a couple weeks while he goes over EVERYTHING and installs my transgo shift kit.

as for the adjustment screw.. its located near the oil filter apparently. I haven't been able to get to it. heres some pics I snagged off another website. supposedly it takes an e20 torx bit to crank it, when you do only do a 1/4 turn at a time or youll end up tightening it to the point your steering wheel wont return to center when you make turn. heres the pics...
__________________
2007.5 WK Laredo 4.7
- OEM+ -

Future Mods: N/A
Reply With Quote
  #1355  
Old 02-18-2016, 01:32 PM
Alex47er's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,950
Thanks: 178
Thanked 296 Times in 264 Posts
Rep Power: 169739
Alex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: The Lucy Build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
no I still get a clunk, but it has to be the bolt on top the strut mount for the strut. its heading to a buddies house for a couple weeks while he goes over EVERYTHING and installs my transgo shift kit.

as for the adjustment screw.. its located near the oil filter apparently. I haven't been able to get to it. heres some pics I snagged off another website. supposedly it takes an e20 torx bit to crank it, when you do only do a 1/4 turn at a time or youll end up tightening it to the point your steering wheel wont return to center when you make turn. heres the pics...
Really? Then maybe I could keep my ucas for a few weeks longer before I purchase the new ones. My lift kit is doing good so far just that clunk is killing me if anything ill fix in the future.
__________________
2006 Jeep 3.7 JGC

Too many mods to list just check out my build THREAD ! :thumbsup:[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote
  #1356  
Old 02-20-2016, 10:10 PM
Alex47er's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,950
Thanks: 178
Thanked 296 Times in 264 Posts
Rep Power: 169739
Alex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: The Lucy Build.

So taxes are coming back and want to get rid of my mts.they are nice but too loud lol looking into getting silent armors again (GY) or dynapros (Hankook) lmk what yall think. I remember Josh gave me a set used a few years ago and they lasted me FOREVER till I got my lift.
__________________
2006 Jeep 3.7 JGC

Too many mods to list just check out my build THREAD ! :thumbsup:[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
build

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lucy :: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Alex47er Member Garage Discussions 1 02-02-2014 11:39 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.