Hi all. New to the forums here. After lurking and researching, I've ordered the components to upgrade the stock audio system on my 2014 Laredo E with the 8.4A Uconnect system (RA3 / no nav / no amp / no sub).
Over the next few weeks I'll be posting pics and my install log for the benefit of all JeepGarage members.
I've been a "beginner" car audio enthusiast for quite some time. This will be my first install.
1. Speakers: Focal IS-165 Component (Front) and Focal IC-165 Two-way (Rear)
2. Amplifier: Alpine PDX-V9 5-channel amplifier with remote sub level knob
3. PAC/LOC: AudioControl LC7i
4. Subwoofer: TBD, but most likely a sealed 10" sub in the trunk
5. Tools: Wiring harnesses, 6x9 adapter, dremmel, heat shrink tubing, crimpers, trim removal tools, speaker wire (16 gauge), zip ties, scotch exterior mounting tape, industrial velcro, glue, amplifier wiring kit.
1. Install speakers to doors
2. Run new wiring from doors to amp location
3. Tap into high-level signal, run wires to PAC/LOC location
4. Install amp and PAC/LOC (power, ground, RCAs, remote-on, etc.)
5. Level match, fine tune and test!
See attached a preliminary wiring diagram.
A few questions still remain, I would appreciate any input from JG members:
1. Are the mounting locations appropriate? I didn't want to mount the amp above the battery under the front passenger seat just in case I need quick access to replace the battery.
2. Does the LC7i's auto-remote-on-sensing feature work? If not, where are other members tapping into the remote on?
3. Any suggestions for a power source for the LC7i near the rear driver's side seat? Any appropriate ground locations (I believe I've seen other members using bolts in the pillars).
4. Where would be the best place to tap into the full range signal? I have the 6-speaker setup, so I'll have Fronts and Rears only (4 cables). I've seen some other members finding all the cables in the footwell, which would be convenient.
Any other comments or input would be appreciated! Currently waiting for all of my gear to arrive. Expected install date: Saturday, November 30.