Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Audio/Visual/Navigation

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #145  
Old 06-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 854 Times in 468 Posts
Rep Power: 1927034
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumblefingers1 View Post
Yes I believe her old flip phone might work but what I wanted if I get the S4 was a car charger that will fit both the S4 and whatever basic phone I get for her. I forgot to look when I was at the dealer but I assume the new ride will have a universal (cigarette lighter) port to plug in a car charger. Every time get a new cell Verizon has to sell me a NEW type of car charger. I think it is a racket. If I have a charger that will work on both new phones, all I would have to buy is one for each vehicle I own. Compatible Products - Cell Phone Accessories ECA-U20CBEG | Samsung Cell Phones 24.95

With Verizon if she has anything other than a basic phone it will cost an upgrade of 33%in the plan charge. I see a Samsung Intensity® III (Verizon) which is basic but it uses a BREW operating system. I don't know if this phone would be compatible with Uconnect?

Any advice appreciated.
The Jeep is equipped with high power USB ports and can even charge an iPad. As the Samsung S4 comes with a standard micro USB to USB cable this can be used in the vehicle. Ask any business that has had a Blackberry in the last 5 years and I am sure they have some spares of these cables around. I have a drawer full of them.

Galaxy S4s and most Android phones of the last 5 years have the same cord, so does the Motorola's. Basically the only phone on the market not playing by industry established standards would be the iPhone and why I refuse to own one myself (wife has one for my testing purposes).

If you know anyone who is an Ingram Micro dealer they can get you a bunch of extras at about $2.00 a piece in varied lengths. I have some in my bag, I give them out like adult candy for the smart phone user.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 06-17-2013, 07:23 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 234
Thanks: 20
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 974
fumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 UConnect phone pairing issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post
The Jeep is equipped with high power USB ports and can even charge an iPad. As the Samsung S4 comes with a standard micro USB to USB cable this can be used in the vehicle. Ask any business that has had a Blackberry in the last 5 years and I am sure they have some spares of these cables around. I have a drawer full of them.

Galaxy S4s and most Android phones of the last 5 years have the same cord, so does the Motorola's. Basically the only phone on the market not playing by industry established standards would be the iPhone and why I refuse to own one myself (wife has one for my testing purposes).

If you know anyone who is an Ingram Micro dealer they can get you a bunch of extras at about $2.00 a piece in varied lengths. I have some in my bag, I give them out like adult candy for the smart phone user.
Thanks for the input, I am pretty much in favor of the S4 Sammy for my self and when looking at a basic phone for my wife, I found a Samsung Intensity® III as a basic phone. When checking the specs though I see that this phone does not use the Android operating system......but the android may be smart phone technology anyway .
The OS is BREW (Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless). USB 2.0; Bluetooth® Profiles, A2DP(stereo-quality audio), AVDTP, AVCTP, AVRCP, BIP, BPAP, BPP, GAVDP, HFP, HSP, OPP, SPP; HTML Browser; GPSI don't know if this is a compatible system to Sync up with Uconnect. but looks like it has USB 2.0. If anyone has knowledge of this system or uses this phone with their Uconnect system, I would appreciate input. Thanks every one for your help.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 06-17-2013, 08:06 AM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 854 Times in 468 Posts
Rep Power: 1927034
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 UConnect phone pairing issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumblefingers1 View Post
Thanks for the input, I am pretty much in favor of the S4 Sammy for my self and when looking at a basic phone for my wife, I found a Samsung Intensity® III as a basic phone. When checking the specs though I see that this phone does not use the Android operating system......but the android may be smart phone technology anyway .
The OS is BREW (Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless). USB 2.0; Bluetooth® Profiles, A2DP(stereo-quality audio), AVDTP, AVCTP, AVRCP, BIP, BPAP, BPP, GAVDP, HFP, HSP, OPP, SPP; HTML Browser; GPSI don't know if this is a compatible system to Sync up with Uconnect. but looks like it has USB 2.0. If anyone has knowledge of this system or uses this phone with their Uconnect system, I would appreciate input. Thanks every one for your help.
Yes usually Android is only smart phones. That unit should probably work with the Jeep (for your wife). It seems to be the more complex systems that have issues.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 06-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 234
Thanks: 20
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 974
fumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 UConnect phone pairing issues?

Thanks, that is good news. I just got a confirmation from Jeep this AM giving me the VIN (last 8) and saying that vehicle is ready for production. Their VON system will give me progress weekly. Woo Woo!

This info about the compatibility issues may be helpful to others, It certainly has helped me in getting this straight.

About the Sirrus radio, It might be Ok but I would prefer Pandora which I see on the Uconnect web site will be available soon.

It seems that the latest update of the firmware from Uconnect is solving most of the problems with pairing and features.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 06-17-2013, 08:58 AM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 854 Times in 468 Posts
Rep Power: 1927034
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumblefingers1 View Post
Thanks, that is good news. I just got a confirmation from Jeep this AM giving me the VIN (last 8) and saying that vehicle is ready for production. Their VON system will give me progress weekly. Woo Woo!

This info about the compatibility issues may be helpful to others, It certainly has helped me in getting this straight.

About the Sirrus radio, It might be Ok but I would prefer Pandora which I see on the Uconnect web site will be available soon.

It seems that the latest update of the firmware from Uconnect is solving most of the problems with pairing and features.
I am starting another thread today to summarize these issues. Search for the word UConnect and I will post some of my findings.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 06-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 492
mtreinish is on a distinguished road
Is anyone getting the pandora uconnect app to work yet?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 07-05-2013, 05:49 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
chief401 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 UConnect phone pairing issues?

Does anyone have the file that they can send a link to? I just picked up my Jeep last night and am having the issues and the dealer can't get to it for a week. I tried the UConnect website but it says no updates are available, but I clearly have the issues in the thread. Thanks.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 07-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 854 Times in 468 Posts
Rep Power: 1927034
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief401 View Post
Does anyone have the file that they can send a link to? I just picked up my Jeep last night and am having the issues and the dealer can't get to it for a week. I tried the UConnect website but it says no updates are available, but I clearly have the issues in the thread. Thanks.
Search the site for UConnect unofficial.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 07-22-2013, 03:31 PM
New Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
davidahrens is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 UConnect phone pairing issues?

Experienced the same dropped pairing issue with my 2014 GC Laredo with uConnect 5.0 system. I have positive news, but no thanks to the service dept at the local dealer. When I picked up the GC on Friday after the service dept worked on it, it still wouldn't maintain pairing. They said they couldn't find anything wrong with it, but had supposedly updated the uConnect software. I paired my phone and then jumped in my wife's car to run a few errands and when we got back, the GC didn't recognize my phone so the problem still existed. I wiped my iPhone and did a clean install of the iOS and didn't install any apps to see if one of my apps was causing the pairing issue. Still no success. I then took an iPhone 5 (mine is a 4s) and a Samsung Galaxy and paired them. The GC dropped both of them in a matter of minutes after being shut off. On Sunday, I found the latest uConnect software and instructions on the premium members part of Jeep Garage website, downloaded both and installed the software. The phone now stays connected. Interestingly, when I checked the version of the software that the service department installed, it was 13.04.2. The latest version is actually 13.12.1 so I'm not sure they actually installed anything. I called the service manager and and informed him and also sent a follow-up note to the uConnect support team I've been working with. You might want to pass on to the sales and/or service manager that they should go around and check any other uConnect 5.0 systems on your lot to ensure they have the current software installed. By the way, when I went to the uConnect website and entered the last eight digits of my GC's VIN to check for a software update, it said that there wasn't any available but clearly there was. It takes only a couple minutes to check the version and about 15 minutes to update it if necessary.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 07-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 854 Times in 468 Posts
Rep Power: 1927034
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 UConnect phone pairing issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidahrens View Post
Experienced the same dropped pairing issue with my 2014 GC Laredo with uConnect 5.0 system. I have positive news, but no thanks to the service dept at the local dealer. When I picked up the GC on Friday after the service dept worked on it, it still wouldn't maintain pairing. They said they couldn't find anything wrong with it, but had supposedly updated the uConnect software. I paired my phone and then jumped in my wife's car to run a few errands and when we got back, the GC didn't recognize my phone so the problem still existed. I wiped my iPhone and did a clean install of the iOS and didn't install any apps to see if one of my apps was causing the pairing issue. Still no success. I then took an iPhone 5 (mine is a 4s) and a Samsung Galaxy and paired them. The GC dropped both of them in a matter of minutes after being shut off. On Sunday, I found the latest uConnect software and instructions on the premium members part of Jeep Garage website, downloaded both and installed the software. The phone now stays connected. Interestingly, when I checked the version of the software that the service department installed, it was 13.04.2. The latest version is actually 13.12.1 so I'm not sure they actually installed anything. I called the service manager and and informed him and also sent a follow-up note to the uConnect support team I've been working with. You might want to pass on to the sales and/or service manager that they should go around and check any other uConnect 5.0 systems on your lot to ensure they have the current software installed. By the way, when I went to the uConnect website and entered the last eight digits of my GC's VIN to check for a software update, it said that there wasn't any available but clearly there was. It takes only a couple minutes to check the version and about 15 minutes to update it if necessary.
All of the dealers have a STAR Case clearly laying out the issues that the 5.0 radio has and that the update is mandatory for all in stock units as well as a TSB for customers coming into the dealerships for service.

I am sorry to hear you had trouble with this your dealer DID have all of this information available to him/her months ago.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 10-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Laureljoke's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Indiana, headed to TX
Posts: 453
Thanks: 37
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 141396
Laureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond repute
Anybody know if an iPad 3 can be paired via Bluetooth with the UConnect 8.4AN? iPad recognized UConnect, and same code popped up on both, but every attempt to accept was met with a "pairing unsuccessful" message. Didn't try via USB, as iPod and flash drive with music both freeze up when I've used the port.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 10-18-2013, 08:34 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 854 Times in 468 Posts
Rep Power: 1927034
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 UConnect phone pairing issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laureljoke View Post
Anybody know if an iPad 3 can be paired via Bluetooth with the UConnect 8.4AN? iPad recognized UConnect, and same code popped up on both, but every attempt to accept was met with a "pairing unsuccessful" message. Didn't try via USB, as iPod and flash drive with music both freeze up when I've used the port.
The ipad should work via Bluetooth and USB.

Can you tell me more about what you mean with the freezing? Does the Radio Freeze when you put a Flash drive in??
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bluetooth phone / Uconnect Polomaan Audio/Visual/Navigation 14 02-27-2014 08:25 AM
Phone now drops out after pairing with uConnect hammer1234 Audio/Visual/Navigation 5 03-21-2012 05:45 AM
Can't Answer Phone Through UConnect! bmrisko Audio/Visual/Navigation 1 12-27-2011 07:22 PM
Uconnect Phone Glitch Hollywood Audio/Visual/Navigation 11 11-25-2011 02:34 PM
How to download cell phone book to Uconnect phone billybronco1 Audio/Visual/Navigation 6 02-16-2011 10:26 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community