Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Audio/Visual/Navigation

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 04-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 94
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 1559
computerwiz621 is on a distinguished road
Re: 430N and Sirius Travel Link

Thanks everyone, update worked without any issues!
__________________

__________________
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
V6 4x4
Off Road II
Adaptive Cruise Package
Ordered: 11/13
Estimated Delivery 1/15
Delivered 1/19
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 182
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 1527
vikingdave is on a distinguished road
Re: 430N and Sirius Travel Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
FYI, this is a RADIO update. Bluetooth and iPhone related issues are handled by uConnect which is not part of the 430N radio and thus not part of this update.

Also, bluetooth streaming is an iPhone issue, not a Jeep issue. Google iphone 4 bluetooth audio streaming and see what I mean. Don't expect anyone but Apple to correct this and don't expect to be able to use the iPhone as a dedicated music device in your car, just bite the bullet and buy an iPod Nano or upload the music to the HDD. The iPhone is a PHONE first and has always had issues being used as an accessory plug-in in the same way the iPod is used. Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone like a child but just like children you must understand their limitations (just my opinion, YMMV)

Aside from the travel link fix they also improved the GPS interface adding some depth to the Nav icon and additional status bars on the map. Minor but noticeable, it's definitely an improvement.
Actually, I can stream perfectly from my iPhone 4 to other devices, even A2DP headsets that were built long before iOS even had A2DP, so they couldn't have done anything special to make them work with iOS. Also, many Android devices, and even Windows mobile 7 phones have A2DP issues with the 430N but not with other devices. For the record though, once you turn the screen off on the iPhone 4 A2DP does work perfectly, so it really doesn't bother me much. Obviously, the iPhone 4 does something a little differently when the screen is off. The error that you get when trying to connect through the USB port in the console is very troublesome though. The 430N is the only device I have tried that can't stream flawlessly from my iPhone 4. This update does say "updating Audio CPU core" when you apply it, so it is doing more than just the Nav stuff. Bottom line, every other A2DP aftermarket kit I have tried works fine with my iPhone 4.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 96
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 1541
dckcentuar has a reputation beyond reputedckcentuar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 430N and Sirius Travel Link

Mine still says no info under travel link like Sirius is not sending anything to my radio I will have to call them as I resent info to my account and Sirius on line shows travel link
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 04-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 94
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 1559
computerwiz621 is on a distinguished road
Re: 430N and Sirius Travel Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by dckcentuar View Post
Mine still says no info under travel link like Sirius is not sending anything to my radio I will have to call them as I resent info to my account and Sirius on line shows travel link
Mine took about 20 minutes before it starting filling in the information. However it doesn't show everything yet, although I haven't run the Jeep ling since the update. Maybe it takes time to download it.
__________________
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
V6 4x4
Off Road II
Adaptive Cruise Package
Ordered: 11/13
Estimated Delivery 1/15
Delivered 1/19
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ormond Beach FL
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 2973
mjw930 has a reputation beyond reputemjw930 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 430N and Sirius Travel Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingdave View Post
Actually, I can stream perfectly from my iPhone 4 to other devices, even A2DP headsets that were built long before iOS even had A2DP, so they couldn't have done anything special to make them work with iOS. Also, many Android devices, and even Windows mobile 7 phones have A2DP issues with the 430N but not with other devices. For the record though, once you turn the screen off on the iPhone 4 A2DP does work perfectly, so it really doesn't bother me much. Obviously, the iPhone 4 does something a little differently when the screen is off. The error that you get when trying to connect through the USB port in the console is very troublesome though. The 430N is the only device I have tried that can't stream flawlessly from my iPhone 4. This update does say "updating Audio CPU core" when you apply it, so it is doing more than just the Nav stuff. Bottom line, every other A2DP aftermarket kit I have tried works fine with my iPhone 4.
I guess I stand corrected but my experience with A2DP have been all over the map and I personally think there's a reduction in fidelity so it's not a big deal for me. It is annoying that the accessory connectivity doesn't work either but based on Chrysler's own compatibility charts they are aware of it, just not making a huge effort to correct it. I just leave my Nano in the armrest and forget about it.
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 Black/Black
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 04-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 417
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 1957
Radside has a reputation beyond reputeRadside has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 430N and Sirius Travel Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
I guess I stand corrected but my experience with A2DP have been all over the map and I personally think there's a reduction in fidelity so it's not a big deal for me. It is annoying that the accessory connectivity doesn't work either but based on Chrysler's own compatibility charts they are aware of it, just not making a huge effort to correct it. I just leave my Nano in the armrest and forget about it.
I upgraded my Nano to the IPod classic...160gbs and it works fine.
__________________
2011 Black Berry Laredo X
Chrome Running Boards
Chrome Fog Bezel
Shark Fin Antennal
MyGig 430N
20" SRT REPS (9"wide)
Good Year Fortera 265 50R/20
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 04-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 132
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 1583
CrazyJ is on a distinguished road
Re: 430N and Sirius Travel Link

I downloaded and ran the upgrade without reading the instructions. When prompted to "Update baseline data files on HDD", I answered No. The message sounded like it could erase some of my data, so I figured I'd try it without updating, then re-run the update if it turned out I needed it.

Now the travel link menu items show up, but when I go into the items I don't get any data. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with me answering NO to that option in the upgrade.

So I try to rerun the upgrade by reinserting the disk, and it displays there was an error updating the software, without me having selected anything. Irritating.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Slckevin's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1458
Slckevin is on a distinguished road
Re: 430N and Sirius Travel Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJ View Post
I downloaded and ran the upgrade without reading the instructions. When prompted to "Update baseline data files on HDD", I answered No. The message sounded like it could erase some of my data, so I figured I'd try it without updating, then re-run the update if it turned out I needed it.

Now the travel link menu items show up, but when I go into the items I don't get any data. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with me answering NO to that option in the upgrade.

So I try to rerun the upgrade by reinserting the disk, and it displays there was an error updating the software, without me having selected anything. Irritating.
What worked for me in this same situation:
I kept the radio on and ejected then reinserted the disk waited a good few moments (4-5min I'd say) and the update HDD popped up.
__________________
2011 JGC Overland 3.6L Black / Black / Rear Entertainment / Advance Warning / Adaptive Cruise Control / Tint / black out rear / tinted tails / plati dipped rims/grill



2007 Charger SRT8 - Silver - Sold :(
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-23-2011, 03:15 PM
GatoLoco's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 48
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1522
GatoLoco is on a distinguished road
Re: 430N and Sirius Travel Link

I did not receive the update yet (understand I could get the ISO image and make my own CD - thanks). But I did check my account online, and dont see any extnension beyond the first year.
---
Your Subscription

Current SubscriptionRadio ID (ESN or SID)************
PackageSirius Everything + Sirius Travel Linkô (1 Year Plan)
Start Date12/17/2010
End Date12/17/2011
---
Anynone else check and found a service extension through 04/2012?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 04-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1288
libbycm is on a distinguished road
Re: 430N and Sirius Travel Link

I updated OK, and while I have travel link now, my bluetooth issues still persist. I have a htc thunderbolt, and audio still skips, FF's, etc. I saw this update pushed a Software & Audio CPU update, so I was hopeful it would fix it, but no. While I was at dealer yesterday & he had my truck (2011 durango citadel) hooked up to scanner, there were a few updates for the PCM & AC unit so I had him install those. So I am running the latest code on everything now, and no dice. Sort of irritating that this 430n is this screwed up. My fiance's 730n in her c200 works perfectly..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 04-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1351
jeepster11 is on a distinguished road
Re: 430N and Sirius Travel Link

Ok, so now I have travel link. Anybody know how to get the traffic link to work? I called Sirius, they are no help at all. They said the dealer has to program this. I just wish someone that is suppose to help would get a clue!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 04-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Tinkan's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hereford, AZ
Posts: 203
Thanks: 6
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 1520
Tinkan is on a distinguished road
Re: 430N and Sirius Travel Link

Well I made the disk and I updated mine in the 2011 Overland and updated the girlfriends in her 2011 Liberty. Hers works just fine and mine is not so good.

So I checked my Sirius subscription and here is what I found:

Your Subscription
Current Subscription
Radio ID (ESN or SID) 04XXXXXXXXXX
Package Sirius Everything (1 Year Plan)
Start Date 3/29/2011
End Date 4/1/2012

Upcoming Subscription
Radio ID (ESN or SID) 04XXXXXXXXXX
Package Sirius Everything + Sirius Travel Linkô (1 Year Plan)
Start Date 4/1/2012
End Date 4/1/2013

Upcoming Subscription
Radio ID (ESN or SID) 04XXXXXXXXXX
Package Sirius Everything + Sirius Travel Linkô (1 Year Plan)
Start Date 4/1/2013
End Date 4/1/2014

So it looks like when my service was turned off after 4 days of having it and the dealer turned it back on they forgot the Travel-Link service part. Tried to call the dealer but they cannot help until Monday. Sirius Customer Service (or lack of) was of no help and said the dealer has to update the subscription to add the travel link.

It is all there and just need the service turned on. The girlfriends works great and is very fast when selecting items to view.

BTW... with all the issues with the Sirius being turned off after 4 days of owning the Overland it is funny that now I am paid up until 2014.... Finally and error that will go my way.

Now I need to install the TVandNAV2Go and will be all done. Just got to figure out how to take the bezel off from around the radio part of the dash.
__________________

__________________
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Overland 4x4 Edition, 5.7L V8
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl / Saddle/Black Interior
Every option available except, Rear Entertainment and 730N
I also do not get the Summit badge

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sirius Travel Link 430N Steve52 Audio/Visual/Navigation 238 09-22-2012 08:35 PM
Sirius Travel Link whitleybh Audio/Visual/Navigation 1 10-11-2010 08:35 AM
Jeep Camper travel trailer Immo Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK 5 07-23-2010 09:48 PM
rearend travel fix for the SRT8 lowering springs Scottina06 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 2 07-08-2009 06:29 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community