Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Audio/Visual/Navigation

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 03-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Rosewood's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 181
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1460
Rosewood is on a distinguished road
Re: 430n ***update*** new information

I'll see if bobby will let me make a copy. if so i'll burn an iso and put it on one of m website i no longer you so you guys can download it.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1308
one11sgt is on a distinguished road
Re: 430n ***update*** new information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewood View Post
I'll see if bobby will let me make a copy. if so i'll burn an iso and put it on one of m website i no longer you so you guys can download it.
That would be great thanks!!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-21-2011, 06:24 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 160
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1576
DieselvRR is on a distinguished road
Re: 430n ***update*** new information

sweet!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-21-2011, 07:27 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1393
ehorst is on a distinguished road
Re: 430n ***update*** new information

Will this software upgrade fix iPod touch 4th generation connectivity problems?

Thanks for the info, guys!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tampa,FL
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1270
automag928 is on a distinguished road
Re: 430n ***update*** new information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewood View Post
I'll see if bobby will let me make a copy. if so i'll burn an iso and put it on one of m website i no longer you so you guys can download it.
Awesome! Thanks!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1308
one11sgt is on a distinguished road
Re: 430n ***update*** new information

Just got back from the dealer. They said they did not receive the update. The Service Manager checked the system and said there is nothing released. He also said he had called Chrysler this past friday and they said the update wasnt coming until april.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1308
one11sgt is on a distinguished road
Re: 430n ***update*** new information

Anyone have any different news?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-26-2011, 07:33 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1252
jeepster11 is on a distinguished road
Re: 430n ***update*** new information

Here's what I got back from Chrysler:

Thank you for contacting the Jeep Customer Assistance Center.

The Travel Link software is being validated and you will be contacted
via mail when the upgrade is available. *They will need to contact their
dealer to schedule an appointment to have the Radio updated with the
Travel Link feature. *Customer Care will be calling each of the affected
customers. These customers will receive Travel Link feature when it
becomes available (targeted for April 2011) for the balance of their
Sirius audio subscription plus 1 year additional Sirius/Travel Link
Service

Thanks again for your email. * * * * * *

Sincerely,

Ralph

Customer Service Representative
Jeep Customer Assistance Center
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 344
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1765
bozer is on a distinguished road
Re: 430n ***update*** new information

im wondering if this update will fix album art or add features
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 182
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 1428
vikingdave is on a distinguished road
Re: 430n ***update*** new information

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozer View Post
im wondering if this update will fix album art or add features
My guess is that it will just be bug fixes. I think it's crazy that we may have to leave our cars at a dealership just to have a simple flash done to the radio. Hopefully they will just post an iso image, or we can get one put up for download somewhere. I'm on my fourth GC, and I try to avoid dealerships as much as I can, I wont even let them change my oil. The one time that I did it came back over-filled by one quart, and after they "checked" the tire pressure I had a 6 pound difference between the lowest and the highest tires, most of them really could care less about your car.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-26-2011, 08:29 PM
JeepeeJ's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 118
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1381
JeepeeJ is on a distinguished road
Re: 430n ***update*** new information

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingdave View Post
My guess is that it will just be bug fixes. I think it's crazy that we may have to leave our cars at a dealership just to have a simple flash done to the radio. Hopefully they will just post an iso image, or we can get one put up for download somewhere. I'm on my fourth GC, and I try to avoid dealerships as much as I can, I wont even let them change my oil. The one time that I did it came back over-filled by one quart, and after they "checked" the tire pressure I had a 6 pound difference between the lowest and the highest tires, most of them really could care less about your car.
If there's money to be made then companies will milk you for all they can. Being able to download and upload my own firmware and updates is one of the things I keep stressing to these auto companies during surveys. Unfortunately they're trying to protect i-diots from themselves by making them pay for simple procedures. Unfortunately it will only get worse as more and more electronics makes it into our lives. Get ready to start paying for a tech to update the firmware on your fridge.
__________________
I want to go Over Land...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ormond Beach FL
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 2874
mjw930 has a reputation beyond reputemjw930 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 430n ***update*** new information

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepeeJ View Post
If there's money to be made then companies will milk you for all they can. Being able to download and upload my own firmware and updates is one of the things I keep stressing to these auto companies during surveys. Unfortunately they're trying to protect i-diots from themselves by making them pay for simple procedures. Unfortunately it will only get worse as more and more electronics makes it into our lives. Get ready to start paying for a tech to update the firmware on your fridge.
Paying????? This is warranty, there is no charge except from the dealer back to Chrysler.

Once the warranty expires then yes, you pay for the update if you want it, just like with every other piece of commercial software or firmware.
__________________

__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 Black/Black
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
430N RHB Firmware Update DieselvRR Audio/Visual/Navigation 20 10-05-2011 11:23 PM
Need some information Burner Grand Cherokee - WK 5 03-20-2011 05:54 AM
430N update ernstmfg Audio/Visual/Navigation 2 01-17-2011 12:31 PM
Upcoming 430n Software Update dsmith14 Audio/Visual/Navigation 3 01-08-2011 11:56 PM
warranty information wk4u2nv Grand Cherokee - WK 7 09-27-2009 04:18 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community