Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Audio/Visual/Navigation

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 03-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Dan JGC's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,817
Thanks: 1
Thanked 46 Times in 41 Posts
Rep Power: 3803
Dan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

^^^ Maybe they had to sign confidentiality agreements or something....it is too quiet! LOL
__________________

__________________
•|||||||• 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 V8 in Bright White Clear Coat exterior with Grand Canyon Jeep Brown interior. Built 3/20/2014 (I & KZ on 3/21/2014). •|||||||•
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 03-07-2011, 06:10 PM
cyanideg's Avatar
GO GREEN!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 546
Thanks: 47
Thanked 29 Times in 18 Posts
Rep Power: 5278
cyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanideg View Post
Ordered a Summit on 12-14-10 and got it in last week with the RHB 430N. I did get the $305 credit showing on the window sticker (saying the 430N takes place of 730N). Now, I like this radio but there are definitely some MAJOR gripes:

1. USB connection in the center console is buggy. I like to use an iPod and put it on random when I drive (usually at all times) so I don’t have to mess with the radio. Currently I have an iPod Video plugged in (iPod software up to date), works fine after it gets connected to the unit via Uconnect. When you shut the Jeep down and return later though the radio defaults to the FM input and it will take between 20 seconds & 3 minutes for the iPod to link back up to the head unit again. This is ridiculous because now I have to press the media button on the head unit, then I have to choose the device, then I have to wait for it to recognize again. And when the iPod starts playing again, I have to press the info button again to see the track name since it doesn't retain simple settings when you shut the power off. Will there be an update to fix little bugs like this?

2. Why did they remove the Cable for the iPod that comes with the RER’s?

3. The screen tends to have a vertical blur if you look at it while driving, anyone know the difference in screen resolutions from the 730N & 430N?

One last question, is there any difference in the speakers or amp on the 430N as opposed to the 730N package? This system doesn’t sound nearly as good as my 09 SRT8 Jeep. The sub is weak…. Did I get screwed on superior sound without the 730N?

TIP: If you power the radio off before you kill the engine, you can then enter the Jeep, start the jeep, wait for a second for the iPod to go into Uconnect mode, power the radio on, and it will play where you left off. No need to switch the source or anything. What a ridiculous bug.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 03-09-2011, 06:36 PM
xtex404's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 78
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1299
xtex404 is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebinotto View Post
The new 730 RHR have hit the lots. I hope someone here has it & can provide a review soon!
Man... I didn't even know there were two different 730N units until I ran across this forum... so... thanks. And Hi.. I'm a TJ -> WK2 convert.

My Overland is still on a truck somewhere in Indiana heading towards me; the sticker from the Jeep "getWindowSticker" link shows that it has a 730N, but it doesn't say anything about RHR vs RER. It should make it to me in Atlanta by Tuesday, so they say...

Of course, the sticker doesn't tell me when it was actually manufactured, so that doesn't help, either...

*crossing fingers*
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 03-09-2011, 06:43 PM
joebinotto's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 365
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1736
joebinotto is on a distinguished road
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

Welcome TJ! If it just got manufactured this month or last, it will be the new RHR. You will see RHR on the lower right hand corner of the unit.

btw, to the group, we are awaiting a user review of the features of the new 730 RHR! I know at least one of you have one !
__________________
2011 Rugged Brown Summit 4X4 V6!
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 03-09-2011, 06:58 PM
xtex404's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 78
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1299
xtex404 is on a distinguished road
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebinotto View Post
Welcome TJ! If it just got manufactured this month or last, it will be the new RHR. You will see RHR on the lower right hand corner of the unit.

btw, to the group, we are awaiting a user review of the features of the new 730 RHR! I know at least one of you have one !
I read in some other posts that if it comes with "Bright Polished Wheels" that it should have the RHR in it? Not sure how true that is...

I was really surprised to see people had ordered these things in January and earlier... There were 10-11 Summit 4x2 and 4x4's in transit on their website, and should arrive here on the 13th... I just walked in and put money down on mine last night. The dealer said they're not sitting on the lot for more than a day or two, but they're definitely coming in fast and steady.

I just called them up and they don't know what the model number of the radio is in the one that's heading for me, but they "think" it's the new RHR. I thought they could pull up the order sheet and see the part numbers... but I guess not?

If someone hasn't already done it, I'll take lots of pictures and maybe some video of it once I get it.

I wish there was a way for me to tell when the damned thing was manufactured by the VIN number..

And seriously... to you guys waiting since January... I'd have stabbed someone in the face by now... I'm freaking out because I have to wait a single week... ....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 03-09-2011, 09:17 PM
joebinotto's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 365
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1736
joebinotto is on a distinguished road
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtex404 View Post
I read in some other posts that if it comes with "Bright Polished Wheels" that it should have the RHR in it? Not sure how true that is... ....
Yep, if it has bright polish wheels it was manufactured late enough to include the 730 RHR.
__________________
2011 Rugged Brown Summit 4X4 V6!
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 03-09-2011, 09:32 PM
xtex404's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 78
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1299
xtex404 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebinotto View Post
Yep, if it has bright polish wheels it was manufactured late enough to include the 730 RHR.
Then I guess I completely lucked out, since it sounds like a lot of people have been having a hell of a time getting their WK2's... not only did I find one fully maxed out (4x4, Overland Summit) that was enroute to the dealer and unclaimed, but it has the RHR installed... Hope that won't make me any enemies around here.

I wish I had found this forum before I had started looking last week, so I would have known a little more before walking into the dealership. I know the TJ and JK's inside and out, but very little about the WK2's.

Now I know more about the WK2's radio than the dealer; they were trying to sell me some iPod interface cable, and now I know I don't need it...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 03-09-2011, 09:38 PM
dobiegillis's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 275
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1510
dobiegillis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtex404 View Post
Then I guess I completely lucked out, since it sounds like a lot of people have been having a hell of a time getting their WK2's... not only did I find one fully maxed out (4x4, Overland Summit) that was enroute to the dealer and unclaimed, but it has the RHR installed... Hope that won't make me any enemies around here.

I wish I had found this forum before I had started looking last week, so I would have known a little more before walking into the dealership. I know the TJ and JK's inside and out, but very little about the WK2's.

Now I know more about the WK2's radio than the dealer; they were trying to sell me some iPod interface cable, and now I know I don't need it...
Do you have this vehicle now? Can.you do a quick review if the RHR?

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4G using Tapatalk
__________________
2011 Summit 4x4, Hemi, Brilliant Black/Saddle
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 03-09-2011, 10:39 PM
xtex404's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 78
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1299
xtex404 is on a distinguished road
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiegillis View Post
Do you have this vehicle now? Can.you do a quick review if the RHR?
Sorry, no. It's on a truck/train somewhere in Kentucky, according to the dealer (it's moving slowly; it was in Indiana on Tuesday). If I'm to believe what they say, it will hit Atlanta on the 12th, and the dealer will have it by the 13th.

If someone else hasn't posted a review by then, I will get one posted.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 03-09-2011, 10:41 PM
dobiegillis's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 275
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1510
dobiegillis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtex404 View Post
Sorry, no. It's on a truck/train somewhere in Kentucky, according to the dealer (it's moving slowly; it was in Indiana on Tuesday). If I'm to believe what they say, it will hit Atlanta on the 12th, and the dealer will have it by the 13th.

If someone else hasn't posted a review by then, I will get one posted.
I'm in ATL too. Which dealer did you use?

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4G using Tapatalk
__________________
2011 Summit 4x4, Hemi, Brilliant Black/Saddle
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 03-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1257
jspespntp is on a distinguished road
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

Just picked up my 2011 JGC Limited V8 Charcoal/Black. So far love the car. It has the new 730n RHR (yes it's RHR not RER).

I haven't played with it long enough to post any sort of respectable review but overall I like how it functions. So far...

- Sirius works great. However, when I called them to cancel the XM subscription in my traded Infiniti, I had the lady check on this account just to make sure I was getting a year's subscription. Bad move on my part as she did something to kill my traffic and travel link info functionality (working fine from Saturday until today). Sirius is fixing the glitch in their system but heads up just in case.

- Connected a Verizon iPhone (ios 4.2.6) to uconnect just fine. Clarity seems fine, downloaded phonebook from what I can tell although I'm not sure how to view what it downloaded other than to call out every number one at a time.

- Able to bluetooth stream from iPhone to 730n, worked just fine.

- Tried to connect my iPhone to the usb port in the armrest but nothing happened on the 730, no charging indicator on the iPhone either. Also tried to connect an iPod Nano 4th gen and no go. Surprisingly, I could connect both devices to the usb port on the radio itself and it worked perfectly to view by playlist, artist, album, etc. Not sure what's going on with the armrest usb?

- Nav works well (not as good as the Infiniti) but will do the job.

So far that's all I've played with. Again, not a review by any means but just something to share. I don't know enough about the 430 or 730rer to say "it's faster here" or "it's better there" but I'd be happy to test anything out if needed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 03-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 545
Thanks: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1962
netcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspespntp View Post
Just picked up my 2011 JGC Limited V8 Charcoal/Black. So far love the car. It has the new 730n RHR (yes it's RHR not RER).

I haven't played with it long enough to post any sort of respectable review but overall I like how it functions. So far...

- Sirius works great. However, when I called them to cancel the XM subscription in my traded Infiniti, I had the lady check on this account just to make sure I was getting a year's subscription. Bad move on my part as she did something to kill my traffic and travel link info functionality (working fine from Saturday until today). Sirius is fixing the glitch in their system but heads up just in case.

- Connected a Verizon iPhone (ios 4.2.6) to uconnect just fine. Clarity seems fine, downloaded phonebook from what I can tell although I'm not sure how to view what it downloaded other than to call out every number one at a time.

- Able to bluetooth stream from iPhone to 730n, worked just fine.

- Tried to connect my iPhone to the usb port in the armrest but nothing happened on the 730, no charging indicator on the iPhone either. Also tried to connect an iPod Nano 4th gen and no go. Surprisingly, I could connect both devices to the usb port on the radio itself and it worked perfectly to view by playlist, artist, album, etc. Not sure what's going on with the armrest usb?

- Nav works well (not as good as the Infiniti) but will do the job.

So far that's all I've played with. Again, not a review by any means but just something to share. I don't know enough about the 430 or 730rer to say "it's faster here" or "it's better there" but I'd be happy to test anything out if needed.
Thanks for the info. I'm wondering if maybe your armrest USB port is not connected. Might want to double check and maybe the dealer can fix that. Keep us posted.
__________________

__________________
2011 Overland Summit
Rugged Brown
Off Road Group II
Michelin LTX A/T2
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
730N - RER upgrade to 730N - RHR EmeraldOne Audio/Visual/Navigation 43 03-26-2011 12:48 AM
730N RER vs RHR--lany new info? ptlime Audio/Visual/Navigation 4 01-29-2011 10:12 PM
730N Navigation dpope Audio/Visual/Navigation 16 11-17-2010 07:37 PM
Another 730N question Dunecrawler Audio/Visual/Navigation 11 11-03-2010 08:43 PM
730N Option? ghouston Audio/Visual/Navigation 54 09-22-2010 07:10 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community