Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Audio/Visual/Navigation

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 03-17-2011, 12:00 PM
xtex404's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 78
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1300
xtex404 is on a distinguished road
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by french_matt View Post
I've always wondered what the 3 little cars in the top right corner mean?
I think it means that it's receiving traffic information from Sirius Traffic.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 03-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1272
french_matt is on a distinguished road
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtex404 View Post
I think it means that it's receiving traffic information from Sirius Traffic.
ok, thanks for the info.
I dont think I've seen it changing, always 3 cars
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 03-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1242
Chum is on a distinguished road
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

Anyone know where I can find footage of the 430N in motion? I'm likely looking at one of the lower end models and was hoping someone had a walkthrough of the features (in video format)...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 03-17-2011, 02:04 PM
cyanideg's Avatar
GO GREEN!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 546
Thanks: 47
Thanked 29 Times in 18 Posts
Rep Power: 5279
cyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond reputecyanideg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

Where the hell is the RHB update?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 03-23-2011, 11:39 AM
xtex404's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 78
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1300
xtex404 is on a distinguished road
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

... and today my RHR decided to reset itself again, losing the address book and all media files... again. And this time when it came back up, my SIRIUS radio, travel link, and traffic didn't work. I called Sirius and after a very long and frustrating call with someone who hadn't quite mastered English, got the radio portion back on (they couldn't even find the ESN or VIN in their records). Travel link and traffic still don't work because there's another ID number they need that's not shown on the screen (Travel Link ID, which is different for some stupid reason than the ESN), and Sirius said it's because "Chrysler always messes it up". I punted the issue back to my dealer, because I was about to rip someone's head off at Sirius.

A friend of mine just got a WK2 with the RHR, and his is doing the same thing. Random resets, losing all data.

Wish I got the 430N. I'm really tired of retyping these addresses in over and over.

edit: discovered there's a "backup to USB" function in the engineering menu, accessed by holding down the two seek buttons and the menu button. it's kind of tricky to get into, because the stupid thing wants to change radio stations when you hit the buttons -- flip it into Disc mode with no disc in there, and it's much easier. It will back up everything to a USB key. I presume it'll back up all of the media, too, so I guess I'll be deleting all music, backing it up, then putting the music back on via my external USB hard drive... wouldn't even need to put music on the hard drive if the iPod interface didn't suck. I haven't tried a restore yet... kind of afraid to.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 03-23-2011, 11:45 AM
xtex404's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 78
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1300
xtex404 is on a distinguished road
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by french_matt View Post
ok, thanks for the info.
I dont think I've seen it changing, always 3 cars
Just discovered what makes them change... if Sirius Traffic expires, those little cars get a glowing red halo around them...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 03-23-2011, 05:03 PM
dobiegillis's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 275
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1511
dobiegillis is on a distinguished road
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtex404 View Post
... and today my RHR decided to reset itself again, losing the address book and all media files... again. And this time when it came back up, my SIRIUS radio, travel link, and traffic didn't work. I called Sirius and after a very long and frustrating call with someone who hadn't quite mastered English, got the radio portion back on (they couldn't even find the ESN or VIN in their records). Travel link and traffic still don't work because there's another ID number they need that's not shown on the screen (Travel Link ID, which is different for some stupid reason than the ESN), and Sirius said it's because "Chrysler always messes it up". I punted the issue back to my dealer, because I was about to rip someone's head off at Sirius.

A friend of mine just got a WK2 with the RHR, and his is doing the same thing. Random resets, losing all data.

Wish I got the 430N. I'm really tired of retyping these addresses in over and over.

edit: discovered there's a "backup to USB" function in the engineering menu, accessed by holding down the two seek buttons and the menu button. it's kind of tricky to get into, because the stupid thing wants to change radio stations when you hit the buttons -- flip it into Disc mode with no disc in there, and it's much easier. It will back up everything to a USB key. I presume it'll back up all of the media, too, so I guess I'll be deleting all music, backing it up, then putting the music back on via my external USB hard drive... wouldn't even need to put music on the hard drive if the iPod interface didn't suck. I haven't tried a restore yet... kind of afraid to.
This is very disappointing to hear and I'm sorry you are having to deal with these problems. It makes me reconsider my decision to buy one. Infotainment features and functionality are pretty important to me. Let us know how things go. Hopefully it will get better.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 03-23-2011, 06:47 PM
xtex404's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 78
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1300
xtex404 is on a distinguished road
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiegillis View Post
This is very disappointing to hear and I'm sorry you are having to deal with these problems. It makes me reconsider my decision to buy one. Infotainment features and functionality are pretty important to me. Let us know how things go. Hopefully it will get better.
The dealer and I are guessing that the hard drive in the unit is flaking out, since it only seems to happen when the JCG is parked in the sun all day. They're going to replace it on Friday. Hopefully that will resolve the failures I've had.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 03-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 545
Thanks: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1963
netcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtex404 View Post
The dealer and I are guessing that the hard drive in the unit is flaking out, since it only seems to happen when the JCG is parked in the sun all day. They're going to replace it on Friday. Hopefully that will resolve the failures I've had.
Sounds very plausible - keep us posted please!
__________________
2011 Overland Summit
Rugged Brown
Off Road Group II
Michelin LTX A/T2
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 03-24-2011, 10:58 PM
joebinotto's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 365
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1736
joebinotto is on a distinguished road
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

Does anyone have a link to the manual for the new 730N (RHR)?
__________________
2011 Rugged Brown Summit 4X4 V6!
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 04-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 45
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1310
Captain Slow is on a distinguished road
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

My RHR reset itself 4 times in a 45 minute period yesterday. That was the first time it had done so. Fortunately I didn't lose any data.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 04-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 181
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1413
shamus is on a distinguished road
Re: 730N (RER) vs 430N (RHB) vs 730N (RHR)

just got my jeep... rhr reboots constantly when driving! Any suggestions?

can I install POI's on it like you can on the 430n? Red light cameras?

whats the best way to get music from an iphone? bluetooth or usb cable?


besides the reboot thing, its working better than expected. phone call quality is really good, gps and traffic is good.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
730N - RER upgrade to 730N - RHR EmeraldOne Audio/Visual/Navigation 43 03-26-2011 12:48 AM
730N RER vs RHR--lany new info? ptlime Audio/Visual/Navigation 4 01-29-2011 10:12 PM
730N Navigation dpope Audio/Visual/Navigation 16 11-17-2010 07:37 PM
Another 730N question Dunecrawler Audio/Visual/Navigation 11 11-03-2010 08:43 PM
730N Option? ghouston Audio/Visual/Navigation 54 09-22-2010 07:10 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community