I have the 8.4A in my JGC and am considering purchasing activation to enable the Nav feature. A quick question I've searched, but not really found the answer to....do we know how the maps for the 8.4A (if nav-enabled) and 8.4AN will be updated and/or stay current over the life of the vehicle?
- Are there continuous over-the-air map updates?
- Or, maybe are updates received as part of subscribing to UConnect Access?
- How about if the owner does not renew UConnect Access (fat chance that I would, given the abysmal usefulness of the promised apps).
- Perhaps a fee to periodically download map updates as they are released?
- Is the map updating process for 8.4A (Garmin-based) and 8.4AN (Harmon-based) systems different?
I know our vehicles maybe havent been out long enough to need an update yet, but anyone with answers / experience, it would be appreciated. The dealer has been no help.