Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Audio/Visual/Navigation

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 07-28-2013, 04:43 PM
clowenthal's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 184
Thanks: 23
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 667
clowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond repute
8.4N POI Screen Freezing / Not Responsive

Anyone experience the following:

If I go into the NAV, go to Where To?, go to Points of Interest and then press on Spell Name, about 25% of the time my NAV then freezes on this screen. I can't go back, can't X out, can't do anything other than hit another UConnect function. The only way to clear the screen is to do a voice nav request or to shut down the vehicle and let it sleep.

It's the oddest thing because I can't re-create this every time. It seems to only happen if "Spell Name" is the first button pressed on that screen. If I press any other button (category) first, I've never gotten it to freeze. But if I try it again, it will work. I do it again, it works. Next time it fails. Extremely odd behavior. I tried changing if I were in Park, versus Drive at a stand still vs Drive and moving. I can't successfully recreate it - it's random.

This happened on 13.15.4 and now I'm on 13.19.0 and still doing it. I can't believe it's my unit as all other functions either work fine or are consistent with known bugs.

Please let me know if you've experienced this!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-28-2013, 04:52 PM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,461
Thanks: 256
Thanked 257 Times in 228 Posts
Rep Power: 1800494
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 8.4N POI Screen Freezing / Not Responsive

I had this happen one time. So I hit the assist button and was told my vehicle wasn't registered. I called the phone number on the screen and told the rep what happened. She asked me to hold while she spoke to an engineer. When she came back on the phone she said they would fix the "not registered" issue overnight, which they did. Before I hung up the poi keyboard started working and I haven't had a problem since. She said she didn't fix it, but was glad it was working.

Oddly, at the same time, Yelp would find anything more than 5 miles out ... It started working at the same time.


---
__________________

__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...

... pull over to the side of the road!

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-28-2013, 04:57 PM
clowenthal's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 184
Thanks: 23
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 667
clowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 8.4N POI Screen Freezing / Not Responsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_de View Post
I had this happen one time. So I hit the assist button and was told my vehicle wasn't registered. I called the phone number on the screen and told the rep what happened. She asked me to hold while she spoke to an engineer. When she came back on the phone she said they would fix the "not registered" issue overnight, which they did. Before I hung up the poi keyboard started working and I haven't had a problem since. She said she didn't fix it, but was glad it was working.

Oddly, at the same time, Yelp would find anything more than 5 miles out ... It started working at the same time.


---
Hmmm interesting. I've never been able to get the keyboard back - even if I get out of the screen via a voice enabled nav request - if I go back to the screen and hit any button - still frozen. Doesn't hurt to try the Assist button to see if I'm registered or not. Thanks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Paullee01's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 331
Paullee01 has a reputation beyond reputePaullee01 has a reputation beyond reputePaullee01 has a reputation beyond reputePaullee01 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 8.4N POI Screen Freezing / Not Responsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by clowenthal View Post
Anyone experience the following:

If I go into the NAV, go to Where To?, go to Points of Interest and then press on Spell Name, about 25% of the time my NAV then freezes on this screen. I can't go back, can't X out, can't do anything other than hit another UConnect function. The only way to clear the screen is to do a voice nav request or to shut down the vehicle and let it sleep.

It's the oddest thing because I can't re-create this every time. It seems to only happen if "Spell Name" is the first button pressed on that screen. If I press any other button (category) first, I've never gotten it to freeze. But if I try it again, it will work. I do it again, it works. Next time it fails. Extremely odd behavior. I tried changing if I were in Park, versus Drive at a stand still vs Drive and moving. I can't successfully recreate it - it's random.

This happened on 13.15.4 and now I'm on 13.19.0 and still doing it. I can't believe it's my unit as all other functions either work fine or are consistent with known bugs.

Please let me know if you've experienced this!
I've been having similar problems, nav screen freezes and also vehicle constantly drifts off roadway in nav guidance and continually tries to recalculate route. If you press and hold the radio volume knob and radio tune knob simultaneously for about 10 seconds it will restart the screen. You can do this instead of shutting the vehicle off. I also have the latest update 13.38.52. Only had it GC 3 weeks. If problem continues guess I'll be bringing it in!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-11-2013, 07:45 PM
clowenthal's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 184
Thanks: 23
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 667
clowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paullee01 View Post
I've been having similar problems, nav screen freezes and also vehicle constantly drifts off roadway in nav guidance and continually tries to recalculate route. If you press and hold the radio volume knob and radio tune knob simultaneously for about 10 seconds it will restart the screen. You can do this instead of shutting the vehicle off. I also have the latest update 13.38.52. Only had it GC 3 weeks. If problem continues guess I'll be bringing it in!
Try installing the update again as this has shown to correct issues. Once I updated to 13.38.52, it corrected my POI issues. Also - thanks for the tip on the radio restart!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-12-2013, 07:46 AM
StaticFX's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 562
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 867
StaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 8.4N POI Screen Freezing / Not Responsive

Yeah re-install. if it doesnt help then bring it in... restarting should not be needed.. EVER.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Paullee01's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 331
Paullee01 has a reputation beyond reputePaullee01 has a reputation beyond reputePaullee01 has a reputation beyond reputePaullee01 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 8.4N POI Screen Freezing / Not Responsive

Thanks going to re-install.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blue screen and now touch screen doesn't work bbjrhome Audio/Visual/Navigation 4 01-13-2012 03:42 PM
Which setting for freezing rain? kxc223 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 6 11-24-2011 01:07 AM
A/C Dash Controls Not Responsive, Fix? DAVY27 Troubleshooting/Problems 10 09-28-2011 12:01 AM
It's amazing what above-freezing temps can do... TJXJWJ Grand Cherokee - WJ 6 02-14-2011 03:44 PM
be careful of freezing temps! B.P.O.D Detailing 19 01-25-2010 02:13 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community