2012 GK2 : Have the 730 system and am concerned I will lose satellite ? Thought I read that the Sat antenna is under the stock antenna (it's the base?) was wondering what it would do to Satellite reception ?
I just emailed them from what I got on their website, it took them a bit to get back to me. They said it's still under production, but the pre production ones are being sold. I got mine on Friday. Here are some pics to help you with the install. Visual garage wanted pics of my install so I'm going to send these. Hopefully they help out some.
1. The Whip, 2. Take it off, 3. & 4. Line up exactly where you want it
5. Use masking tape or scotch tape and by folding ends it's easily removed, use this to make sure you got it lined up right.
6. Use rubbing alcohol and then dawn dish soap to get any dirt and wax/protective film off. Dawn works wonders...
7. They give you 2 sizes of screws, because I think they were unsure of the size. Use the washer as well of course. Dielectric grease is an option, but I don't see water ever getting to it.
8. Screwed in and snug, take off the tape from the 3M backing around the edges of the fin and patiently line it up, I went back to front, using the back edge of the fin to line it up, stick it on and hold it for a good 30 seconds. Make sure its warm out or your in a heated garage before doing it! Sometimes heating the tape a tiny bit and the surface you are working on helps. Does for me on other things.
This was for your own install, there are other threads on the install, but I figured I'd try writing mine on your thread so you won't have to dig through old news =)
Well that is what Arthur told me was why they weren't on the site yet. I knew people had them already and figured they had stock. I did have to wait a couple weeks so maybe supply isn't meeting demand?
Oh and btw, I had tested the sat and FM in my garage, where reception is thin. With the whip, at certain spots where I park I lose SAT. With the fin I experienced no issues with reception toward FM or SAT within my garage, so I assume this new model is way better in reception.