Apple Siri Eyes Free now available for 2013+ - Page 3 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Audio/Visual/Navigation

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #25  
Old 04-30-2016, 05:49 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 197
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 326221
johhn14 has a reputation beyond reputejohhn14 has a reputation beyond reputejohhn14 has a reputation beyond reputejohhn14 has a reputation beyond reputejohhn14 has a reputation beyond reputejohhn14 has a reputation beyond reputejohhn14 has a reputation beyond reputejohhn14 has a reputation beyond reputejohhn14 has a reputation beyond reputejohhn14 has a reputation beyond reputejohhn14 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Apple Siri Eyes Free now available for 2013+

Quote:
Originally Posted by okvrdz View Post
Despite getting the file through RowanWuff's post, I decided to call uConnect because I had other questions.

So they said that they are releasing the update for all RA3 and RA4 systems but they cannot release it all at once for all vehicles because their "site will crash" as she said. However she reassured that it will eventually be available for everybody with those systems in the coming week.

I also asked about the USB format for this to work.... you must format your USB stick using FAT32. If you own a Mac like me, is not gonna work as Macs can only do MS-DOS and exFat. You need to use a Windows computer for this.
Wrong. I formatted it just fine with my Mac. You can format it to FAT32 from the Disk Utility

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #26  
Old 04-30-2016, 05:55 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 46
Thanks: 8
Thanked 16 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 810
RowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Apple Siri Eyes Free now available for 2013+

Quote:
Originally Posted by okvrdz View Post
Despite getting the file through RowanWuff's post, I decided to call uConnect because I had other questions.

So they said that they are releasing the update for all RA3 and RA4 systems but they cannot release it all at once for all vehicles because their "site will crash" as she said. However she reassured that it will eventually be available for everybody with those systems in the coming week.

I also asked about the USB format for this to work.... you must format your USB stick using FAT32. If you own a Mac like me, is not gonna work as Macs can only do MS-DOS and exFat. You need to use a Windows computer for this.
MS-DOS /should/ work give it a try.
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, Granite Crystal, V6, HK audio, Mopar Splash Guards, Skid Plates, Armrest QI Charger
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-30-2016, 07:02 PM
Debauch's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 214
Thanks: 30
Thanked 55 Times in 33 Posts
Rep Power: 573312
Debauch has a reputation beyond reputeDebauch has a reputation beyond reputeDebauch has a reputation beyond reputeDebauch has a reputation beyond reputeDebauch has a reputation beyond reputeDebauch has a reputation beyond reputeDebauch has a reputation beyond reputeDebauch has a reputation beyond reputeDebauch has a reputation beyond reputeDebauch has a reputation beyond reputeDebauch has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Apple Siri Eyes Free now available for 2013+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanWuff View Post
Is this for any 2015? SRT included?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-30-2016, 07:11 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Chattanooga TN
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 3866
rotts4u has a reputation beyond reputerotts4u has a reputation beyond reputerotts4u has a reputation beyond reputerotts4u has a reputation beyond reputerotts4u has a reputation beyond reputerotts4u has a reputation beyond reputerotts4u has a reputation beyond reputerotts4u has a reputation beyond reputerotts4u has a reputation beyond reputerotts4u has a reputation beyond reputerotts4u has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Apple Siri Eyes Free now available for 2013+

So I did have a old Dell laptop in the attic that was running windows 7 and it actually booted. After 4000 updates I was finally able to boot it and get it up and running in chrome and download the file and expand it. Then I formatted the USB with FAT32 as stated above then moved the file to the USB.

I followed the steps in the link above and it worked perfectly. It took about 25 minutes which was about the same time it took to get the old PC running again.

This was also a good reminder on why I hate windows so much.

So now I am up and running with the new version but upon first glance I didn't see any major difference. Maybe a few days driving I will.

Thanks everyone for posting all the info above it worked in my 2015 Overland no problem
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rotts4u For This Useful Post:
  #29  
Old 04-30-2016, 09:35 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 34
Thanks: 12
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 303
okvrdz is on a distinguished road
Re: Apple Siri Eyes Free now available for 2013+

Quote:
Originally Posted by johhn14 View Post
Wrong. I formatted it just fine with my Mac. You can format it to FAT32 from the Disk Utility
Oh, i used disk utility but i had no Fat32 available. I'm running "el Capitan" which one is your mac running?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-30-2016, 10:17 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 46
Thanks: 8
Thanked 16 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 810
RowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Apple Siri Eyes Free now available for 2013+

As promised all of the updates! Including ISO files for those on mac.

Model Year 2013-2014 MY13_MY14_RA4_16_13_13.exe
https://mega.nz/#!X5dG2AJJ!0mtAS8I1u...KSPiyXEAnepsiw

Model Year 2013-2014 ISO File
https://mega.nz/#!30tnHbIY!-QtJH43br...LmEJKjinyZ5Hbs

Model Year 2015 MY13_MY14_RA4_16_13_13.exe
https://mega.nz/#!2k9hkLLS!XwEpXHJmb...lUgVzBF9Kd7v0s

Model Year 2015 ISO File
https://mega.nz/#!H18W2Twa!-P3lWrQIx...CDBk-nIfDnYfbg
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, Granite Crystal, V6, HK audio, Mopar Splash Guards, Skid Plates, Armrest QI Charger
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RowanWuff For This Useful Post:
  #31  
Old 05-01-2016, 02:02 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 34
Thanks: 12
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 303
okvrdz is on a distinguished road
Re: Apple Siri Eyes Free now available for 2013+

I successfully installed the update on my 2015 Overland. I immediately got hands on (actually hands-off) with Siri eyes free. However i do noticed two things...

1) On a few attempts, when telling siri to "send text message" and once Siri has asked me what do I want to say, Siri keeps listening and never sends the message. Even if I say "send", "cancel"; Siri types that into my message. On other attempts she did identify my pause as a cue to send.

2) at one point my uconnect unit was lagging tremendously. It even crashed and started uconnect again loading the warning message etc. this only happened once.

Has anybody noticed anything weird with the update?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-01-2016, 09:31 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 45
Thanks: 14
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 963
Frostinblack is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Apple Siri Eyes Free now available for 2013+

Quote:
Originally Posted by okvrdz View Post
I successfully installed the update on my 2015 Overland. I immediately got hands on (actually hands-off) with Siri eyes free. However i do noticed two things...

1) On a few attempts, when telling siri to "send text message" and once Siri has asked me what do I want to say, Siri keeps listening and never sends the message. Even if I say "send", "cancel"; Siri types that into my message. On other attempts she did identify my pause as a cue to send.

2) at one point my uconnect unit was lagging tremendously. It even crashed and started uconnect again loading the warning message etc. this only happened once.

Has anybody noticed anything weird with the update?
Siri seemed to respond normally on Friday when I updated it, but when I checked today, mine seems to be displaying the same characteristics as yours. If I ask for directions, it takes a long time to recognize the location and then hangs up there for a long time before it carries on.
__________________
__________________________
2014 GC Overland Frost in Black
Advanced Tech Package
Eagle Eyes LED Tail lights
SS Mopar Sill Plates
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-01-2016, 02:02 PM
sost1sg's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 303
Thanks: 200
Thanked 79 Times in 56 Posts
Rep Power: 2295
sost1sg is on a distinguished road
Apple Siri Eyes Free now available for 2013+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostinblack View Post
Siri seemed to respond normally on Friday when I updated it, but when I checked today, mine seems to be displaying the same characteristics as yours. If I ask for directions, it takes a long time to recognize the location and then hangs up there for a long time before it carries on.

Mine is very buggy like this too. You would think they would have done better quality control and testing before releasing this. Maybe it'll smooth out. Who knows.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 10
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 812
sean7512 is on a distinguished road
Re: Apple Siri Eyes Free now available for 2013+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanWuff View Post
As promised all of the updates! Including ISO files for those on mac.

Model Year 2013-2014 MY13_MY14_RA4_16_13_13.exe
https://mega.nz/#!X5dG2AJJ!0mtAS8I1u...KSPiyXEAnepsiw

Model Year 2013-2014 ISO File
https://mega.nz/#!30tnHbIY!-QtJH43br...LmEJKjinyZ5Hbs

Model Year 2015 MY13_MY14_RA4_16_13_13.exe
https://mega.nz/#!2k9hkLLS!XwEpXHJmb...lUgVzBF9Kd7v0s

Model Year 2015 ISO File
https://mega.nz/#!H18W2Twa!-P3lWrQIx...CDBk-nIfDnYfbg
Any idea if this file will work on the 2015 Dodge Challenger with the 8.4N radio or is this specific only to the Jeeps? The update site keeps telling me the car is up-to-date. Called and the guy told me "There is no update, don't listen to your friends." Ugh.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-01-2016, 03:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 127
Thanks: 75
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 858
JeepOverTheLand is on a distinguished road
Re: Apple Siri Eyes Free now available for 2013+

Quote:
Originally Posted by okvrdz View Post
I successfully installed the update on my 2015 Overland. I immediately got hands on (actually hands-off) with Siri eyes free. However i do noticed two things...



1) On a few attempts, when telling siri to "send text message" and once Siri has asked me what do I want to say, Siri keeps listening and never sends the message. Even if I say "send", "cancel"; Siri types that into my message. On other attempts she did identify my pause as a cue to send.





Has anybody noticed anything weird with the update?

I have the same issue.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
2015 Overland True Blue/Indigo Brown
V8
Tech Package
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 46
Thanks: 8
Thanked 16 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 810
RowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond reputeRowanWuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Apple Siri Eyes Free now available for 2013+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean7512 View Post
Any idea if this file will work on the 2015 Dodge Challenger with the 8.4N radio or is this specific only to the Jeeps? The update site keeps telling me the car is up-to-date. Called and the guy told me "There is no update, don't listen to your friends." Ugh.
Should work just fine on every car listed in the Tsb with an RA3(non nav) and RA4(nav) radio, (the challenger has one) give it a go and call them back to make them eat their words!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2013

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Siri Eyes Free srtwannabe Audio/Video/Navigation/Alarms 23 12-14-2016 04:28 PM
Apple Siri Eyes Free now available from 2013+ Ron-Indy Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 54 09-07-2016 01:39 PM
Siri update now available for 2014 8.4an Frostinblack Audio/Visual/Navigation 66 08-26-2016 11:18 AM
Hands-free siri update now avaiable for free on 2014-2015 8.4 units kinematic Audio/Visual/Navigation 25 06-01-2016 11:20 PM
Apple "Eyes Free" Roki303 Audio/Visual/Navigation 24 06-26-2012 04:43 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.