Bizarre 730 RHR Issues
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction...bear with me as this post might be a little lengthy.
Have a 2012 Jeep GC Overland Summit, with 730N RHR. Normally traveling in low-altitude areas, but for the past few days have been in Denver/Breckenridge area. After arriving in Breck on Saturday, I have had the following issues with my 730 RHR:
1) Before any of the problems below started, one morning when I started my Jeep, it took about 2 minutes for the RHR to even come on and boot up. That's never happened before. Now, since then....
2) Navigation Voice Prompts stutter very badly -- the audible instructions do not flow smoothly when talking about next turn, highway numbers, etc. She eventually spits it all out, but very stilted.
3) On a couple of occasions, Navigation to a new (or recent) destination results in "calculating route" going on forever. After cancelling and re-trying (sometimes more than once), it will eventually finish route calc and proceed.
4) Bluetooth with my iPhone doing some strange things -- sometimes the BT won't connect, and when I try to force "set active phone" it says failed. Tried to delete pairing -- failed. Other times it connects, but won't play audio through anything but the phone. Other times it connects, and audio works fine.
5) Pressing the phone icon on my steering wheel brings up the Voice-Rec screen with nothing displayed except 2-3 quotation marks. No voice prompts, no recognition, etc. Dialing from my phone does work -- but sometimes have the audio issues mentioned in #4 above.
6) If I press the VR button, same issue as if hitting the phone button.
7) While it hasn't happened in the last day or so, the reaction time to touchscreen presses is very sluggish -- sometimes 2-3 seconds between press and reaction.
8) Navigation by Points of Interest by City, etc. -- very slow to list results.
I am currently on SW version 2.110. I downloaded 2.169, extracted the ISO to a thumb drive and tried to update the SW, thinking a "rebuild" might help. However, when I insert the thumb drive into the USB port on the RHR, I get nothing -- waiting for 5 minutes -- never received any prompts for update, nor was the device listed as available on the AUX tab.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a little concerned about losing GPS while up here. And of course, I would like the overall system to work like it should.
Thanks in advance....