Originally Posted by dubwarren
wow, kind of surprised to hear of issues connecting iphone 4. the 1 prob Ive had is that the nav screen only says incoming call and displays no name or number. you guys really cant dial out? wow.
that needs to be addressed.
Here's what happens with out-going calls:
1. Press the UConnect button on steering wheel and say "Dial xxxx (name)"
2. Phone begins the dialing process, sometimes completes, but often locks up.
3. Call shows "Connected" but can't hear party nor can they hear me.
4. Hang up and re-dial. Sometimes system redials number often I get message that Phone is not Connected and system locks up.
5. If I try and dial 2 to 3 more times, it will work, but never on the first try.
Here's what happens with in-coming calls:
1. Nav screen displays "Incoming Call" with no caller ID.
2. Press the UConnect phone button on steering wheel.
3. Nav screen displays Connected, but caller can't hear me nor can I hear them. iPhone locks up and doesn't allow me to take call on handset or speaker.
4. Hang up. Caller tries calling me again. Sometimes system will answer but often times not.
I've even tried pressing the Audio icon on the iPhone and bypassing the UConnect altogether, but I can't even hear caller on iPhone speaker or handset. If I wait a few seconds, the system sometimes transfers the call to car speakers and I can complete conversation.
I'm so tired of it sometimes working, that I deleted the iPhone from UConnect and went back to using the iPhone by itself. I'm hoping that a software fix will correct this NOW and not 6 months from now.