Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Audio/Visual/Navigation

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 05-29-2013, 01:05 PM
onlyina's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 116
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 2664
onlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond repute
Infinity Reference 6030cs Installed in E

Installed 6030cs in the front over the long weekend along with a RBZ and the auto climate control unit. Replaced the rears with Infinity Reference 6032si (rears do not include mounting hardware just brackets).

Purchased off Amazon

Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 6030cs 6.5-Inch 270-Watt Two-Way Component System: Car Electronics
Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 6032si 6.5-Inch, Shallow Mount High Performance 180-Watt Two-Way Loudspeaker (Pair): Car Electronics

$142 out of pocket for both fronts and rears

Infinity

Reference 6030cs - Infinity

Bought the shallow mount thinking the standard 6032 two way tweeter would hit the door panel grill. After installing realize the standard 6032's would fit - they have directional tweets vs fixed on the shallow mounts.

These are a bit bright BUT a great inexpensive upgrade to the stock six speaker set up which is extremely muddy. Did not install the included crossovers - using the stock systems' what n wherever those are

Acoustical stuff sounds pretty sweet e.g. LedZep BBC sessions - Audioslave / Foo Fighters / Pink Floyd pretty clean as well. Harder stuff ala 80's 90's Crue / VanHalen seem a little harsh - could be the recordings. Bass isnt too bad either for a non sub set up.

Attached pics of the tweeters as they are the only noticeable visual difference (directional). Had to use a dremmel to mod the stock tweeter openings just a tad for the Infinity tweeter (screw in) mounting cups. Happy with the understated factory look.

For those looking for quick cheap upgrade these are a real good choice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tweet(a).jpg (537.2 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg tweet(b).jpg (526.4 KB, 43 views)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-29-2013, 06:48 PM
RageOfFury's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,372
Thanks: 97
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 11237
RageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Infinity Reference 6030cs Installed in E

Very nice!!

Those speakers would absolutely shine if they had an amp powering them. The stock 6 speaker system has no amp.

I installed an amp under the driver's seat. Ran new wiring to the 4 doors. Installed an aftermarket headunit and upgrade the speakers. Yup I went all out lol.

Anyway, I highly recommend an amp to get the most out of those speakers.
__________________

__________________
2011 WK2 Laredo E V6 4x4
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-30-2013, 05:19 PM
onlyina's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 116
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 2664
onlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Infinity Reference 6030cs Installed in E

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageOfFury View Post
Very nice!!

Those speakers would absolutely shine if they had an amp powering them. The stock 6 speaker system has no amp.

I installed an amp under the driver's seat. Ran new wiring to the 4 doors. Installed an aftermarket headunit and upgrade the speakers. Yup I went all out lol.

Anyway, I highly recommend an amp to get the most out of those speakers.
Thanks!

Actually, the RBZ is powering them just fine. Great clarity and more than enough output for my tastes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-14-2013, 10:15 AM
exlr8's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 262
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 1914
exlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Infinity Reference 6030cs Installed in E

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyina View Post
Installed 6030cs in the front over the long weekend along with a RBZ and the auto climate control unit. Replaced the rears with Infinity Reference 6032si (rears do not include mounting hardware just brackets).

Purchased off Amazon

Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 6030cs 6.5-Inch 270-Watt Two-Way Component System: Car Electronics
Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 6032si 6.5-Inch, Shallow Mount High Performance 180-Watt Two-Way Loudspeaker (Pair): Car Electronics

$142 out of pocket for both fronts and rears

Infinity

Reference 6030cs - Infinity

Bought the shallow mount thinking the standard 6032 two way tweeter would hit the door panel grill. After installing realize the standard 6032's would fit - they have directional tweets vs fixed on the shallow mounts.

These are a bit bright BUT a great inexpensive upgrade to the stock six speaker set up which is extremely muddy. Did not install the included crossovers - using the stock systems' what n wherever those are

Acoustical stuff sounds pretty sweet e.g. LedZep BBC sessions - Audioslave / Foo Fighters / Pink Floyd pretty clean as well. Harder stuff ala 80's 90's Crue / VanHalen seem a little harsh - could be the recordings. Bass isnt too bad either for a non sub set up.

Attached pics of the tweeters as they are the only noticeable visual difference (directional). Had to use a dremmel to mod the stock tweeter openings just a tad for the Infinity tweeter (screw in) mounting cups. Happy with the understated factory look.

For those looking for quick cheap upgrade these are a real good choice
Thought I would dig up this old thread....

I am looking at doing the same either using these or the Kappa series with the matching 3.5" for the centre dash speaker. Being a little bright is a bit of a concern (as I don't want to fiddle with anything else) although I am used to my (bright) Focal K2P's in my other car.

Question is, would the tweets fit behind the existing grill with the right fitting attachment or using whatever the existing tweets have?

Thanks!
__________________
Arrived 23/10/12
MY2013 Mineral Grey Overland CRD
Rear DVD - Tint - Tow Bar - Mopar Chrome Fog Light Bezels - Front Recovery Hook - Mopar Under Body Protection Plates - Pirelli Scorpion ATR 265/60R18 - And sand capable! - Car Audio: HAT Imagine 6x9 front component speakers - HAT Mirus 6.5 rear coaxials
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 333
el_guineo is on a distinguished road
Re: Infinity Reference 6030cs Installed in E

First post - just bought a 2014 Laredo E with the 8.4A and base 6 speaker system.

Can anyone confirm the Infinitis fit in the 2014 models? How do these compare to the Hybrid speakers that I've seen are pretty popular as well?

Might do the same setup for now, and add a 5-channel amp + subwoofer down the road. Would probably need the bit ten / 3sixty to sit in between the 8.4A head unit and amp.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-15-2013, 09:47 PM
onlyina's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 116
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 2664
onlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond reputeonlyina has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Infinity Reference 6030cs Installed in E

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlr8 View Post
Thought I would dig up this old thread....

I am looking at doing the same either using these or the Kappa series with the matching 3.5" for the centre dash speaker. Being a little bright is a bit of a concern (as I don't want to fiddle with anything else) although I am used to my (bright) Focal K2P's in my other car.

Question is, would the tweets fit behind the existing grill with the right fitting attachment or using whatever the existing tweets have?

Thanks!
Its the Sirius stations that produce the brightness. I turn the treble & mid range down to compensate. CD's and FM sounds great. On a side note I was in a Q5 a couple days ago which had a Bang n Olafson sound system and it really sounded muddy compared to these Infinitys. Kinda surprised

These Infinity's will not fit behind the stock tweeter grills. It really isn't that hard to fit these in and it looks 10x better than the stock set up. Plus you can point the tweeters for a better soundstage. It is EZ! Just take it real slow with the dremmel, trim fit, trim fit - done. To be honest the stock openings look like they were made for screw in aftermarket housings.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 333
el_guineo is on a distinguished road
Re: Infinity Reference 6030cs Installed in E

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageOfFury View Post
Very nice!!

Those speakers would absolutely shine if they had an amp powering them. The stock 6 speaker system has no amp.

I installed an amp under the driver's seat. Ran new wiring to the 4 doors. Installed an aftermarket headunit and upgrade the speakers. Yup I went all out lol.

Anyway, I highly recommend an amp to get the most out of those speakers.
Hi. Did you do this install yourself? How difficult was installing the amp and running all the wires? Thinking about doing a DIY instead of taking it to the stop, but also don't want to get in over my head!

Debating:

1. Installing 6.5 components up front and 6x9s in the rear. No amp/sub, driving all from 8.4 Uconnect radio (I have the 6 speaker setup in a 2014 Laredo E).

2. Going all out - 5-channel amp, 6.5 components front, 6.5 two-way rear, and a 10" sub on the rear. A bit intimidated by taking the doors and radio apart to install the line summing processor, running the cables, tapping into power supply, etc.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-20-2013, 01:23 AM
exlr8's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 262
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 1914
exlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond reputeexlr8 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Infinity Reference 6030cs Installed in E

I just bought some of these to make my install easier/quicker.

PVC Speaker Adapters - CNC Machined - In Stock or Custom Made

They read to be a quality product, will let you know when I receive them!
__________________

__________________
Arrived 23/10/12
MY2013 Mineral Grey Overland CRD
Rear DVD - Tint - Tow Bar - Mopar Chrome Fog Light Bezels - Front Recovery Hook - Mopar Under Body Protection Plates - Pirelli Scorpion ATR 265/60R18 - And sand capable! - Car Audio: HAT Imagine 6x9 front component speakers - HAT Mirus 6.5 rear coaxials
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Infinity Reference vs Alpine SPS onlyina Audio/Visual/Navigation 9 04-16-2013 10:10 AM
2014 Interior Reference Thread. Vegas_Sirk Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 40 02-20-2013 04:02 PM
Wheel cross reference ColdCase Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 0 05-19-2011 07:44 PM
Fluids and Capacities: WK Quick Reference NHWK05 Technical Tips/DIY/How-To 9 09-19-2010 08:34 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community