For our USA MY14 Laredo Grand Cherokee friends, the following is the probs we have Downunder with Jeep Aust.
We are supplied with a few extra goodies that make the MY14 an attractive buy but what was originally advertised we are not getting.
That is a "ParkView" Reg TM rear camera supplied as part of the package.
BUT Jeep Aust are supplying a substandard camera as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike.
CRAPPY CHRYSLER CAMERA!!!
I am sick and tired of Jeep Aust and their bullshit attitude with their customers. They forget we are their bread and butter.
It took 4 months to get my camera after vehicle delivery, partly because I waited 2 months in the hope that a better quality camera would be available by then.
Sadly disappointed as are many of us.
So, as Mao said "First step on a journey of a thousand miles' or something like that.
* Official complaint to the dealer in writing.
* Official letter to Chrysler,Jeep,Fiat,Dodge,RAM, Alfa Aust or whatever their name is this week.
* Negative response from the two abovenamed parties (in writing of course) and then a submission to Consumer Affairs Victoria.
Points of complaint include;
* Misleading advertising in their brochures, online and hard copy. That includes the printed word and in image form.
* Misuse of the registered trademark "ParkView" camera for the MY14 Laredo
* Supplied camera does not conform to the descrition identified as "ParkView" camera
I have detailed information extracts from the USA describing the "ParkView" trademark registered to the Chrysler group LLC.
I have Chrysler Part Numbers for the Ltd and Overland "ParkView" camera's.
This information was asked for and obtained from within Fiat/Chrysler USA.
Only additional information I need now is;
* Photo images of the non conforming supplied camera's by Chrysler Jeep Aust.
* Technical details of the non conforming camera supplied by Chrysler Jeep Aust. eg. pixels and resolution details.
* Photo and technical details of the "ParkView" camera fitted to the Ltd and Overland.
My contact within Chrysler Fiat Jeep USA advises me that the supplied "ParkView" camera for the Ltd and Overland in the USA retails for US$265.00. (Their parts list price)
My bet is that Chrysler Jeep Fiat Aust cost for the non conforming MY14 Laredo camera does not come anywhere near that dollar figure.
Fellow MY14 Laredo owners, can you advise me of any further Points of Proof that I may have missed before I start compiling my submission.
I realise that Consumer Affairs Victoria can only facilitate a resolution between the parties; ie myself and Chrysler Fiat Jeep Aust.
But if an outcome is in my/our favour then it rolls over to an Australia wide verdict with each of the States accepting it as precedence and implementing the verdict.
The ACCC may also be interested in this complaint as well.
Hope to hear from any of you on this matter. I will be submitting this on other Jeep forums too.