Originally Posted by tryan77
I am looking to upgrade my cell phone to the Verizon LG G2 and I Dont see it available for the 8.4A on the UConnect wbsite . Does that mean it isn't compatible?
The android market is flooded with various devices, running a multitude of variations of android OS. Is would near impossible for Uconnect to test and certify each variant. There has been some recent standardization as it relates to Bluetooth in vehicles, so things may calm down a bit.
My guess would have been that it would work, which is now confirmed by tryan77. I'd be more curious as to what actually works, because that varies greatly too. The list that I mentally run through is:
(All via Bluetooth)
1. Make calls using voice command, "call bob smith at work"
2. Receive calls, by pressing steering wheel or screen.
3. send SMS using voice commands, "send message to bob smith"
4. receive SMS, and have vehicle announce new message and read contents (reading requires a button press)
5. Play media content from phone to vehicle (NOT as a USB media source)
6. control phone media playback using steering wheel controls and screen controls
7. Display the track information on the vehicle screen of what is playing on the phone (just like if the music was on an SD card inserted into the slot)
If all of that is working you are in great shape. However, in many cases, only some of those functions work depending on the phone, the android OS version and the UConnect version.
Just FYI, I am using a Motorola RAZR MAXX, running a custom ROM, and everything works great. So I can confirm that all these functions are indeed supported by the uConnect running 13.38.52.