Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Audio/Visual/Navigation

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 08-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 68
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 889
Born2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond repute
Messaging Bug in 14.25.5??

Hi All, I am curious is anyone else is experiencing this problem.

Since June 1, 2014 I have been using my Samsung Galaxy S5 with my Uconnect flawlessly on the previous version of Uconnect code. I regularly send and receive text messages via Uconnect. Pretty much ANY time I am in the car. And it has alwasy worked beautifully.

As of last week, I installed 14.25.5. Beginning immediately after installation of the 14.25.5, the "messaging" button went grey. After numerous reboots of the car and phone, including deleting and repairing, it remained grey. I then deleted ALL exiting text message on the phone, and reconnect the phone and the messaging button became active. So my conclusion is that 1 or more message in that message history was not playing nice with uconnect, and once they were gone uconnect was satisfied. The important thing to note is that messaging was working fine before the update and NO messages were received during the update process, so the message list AFTER the update was identical to the message list BEFORE the update.

The next day I was able to send an receive messages through the day and sometime in the late afternoon, the same thing happened. I had exchanged message with about dozen or more people by that time, and since it was nothing important I deleted the full message history, reconnected and was back in business.

The next day the same thing happened. This time I tried to remove message selectively to determine which might be the troublemaker. I deleted 1 or 3 message at a time, and eventually it came back to life. I was not able to discern which one cause the problem.

The next day the same thing happened, so I now started removing messages sequentially backward along the timeline, I eventually removed one that made messaging come back to life. In this case the problem message was determined, but there was nothing significantly interesting about the message.

In all cases, I have had a blend of standard SMS and MMS, some are group messages and others are singles. In all cases, none of the messages that seem to be the likely suspects have actually been the ones causing trouble.

I am suspecting this is a bug, and quite annoying too, since it is causing me to repeated parse and delete my messages store.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Also, I don't know if this is related , but I have also noticed that spontaneously Uconnect will stop announcing new messages upon receipt, even though they are showing up in the uconnect inbox, and it was announcing new messages mere minutes beforehand.

I am considering downgrading to the older code to see if these problems go away.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-27-2014, 02:26 AM
frydryce's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 169
Thanks: 7
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 2441
frydryce has a reputation beyond reputefrydryce has a reputation beyond reputefrydryce has a reputation beyond reputefrydryce has a reputation beyond reputefrydryce has a reputation beyond reputefrydryce has a reputation beyond reputefrydryce has a reputation beyond reputefrydryce has a reputation beyond reputefrydryce has a reputation beyond reputefrydryce has a reputation beyond reputefrydryce has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Messaging Bug in 14.25.5??

I'm having the same issue, but I haven't tried deleting messages yet. I'm back to texting on my phone which isn't safe, but it's just as annoying to have to clear my texts every day. I'm on an HTC One M7
__________________

__________________
the more you learn, the more you discover how little you actually know
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-27-2014, 06:36 AM
1st jeep's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 329
Thanks: 47
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 854
1st jeep is on a distinguished road
Re: Messaging Bug in 14.25.5??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2golf View Post
Hi All, I am curious is anyone else is experiencing this problem.



Since June 1, 2014 I have been using my Samsung Galaxy S5 with my Uconnect flawlessly on the previous version of Uconnect code. I regularly send and receive text messages via Uconnect. Pretty much ANY time I am in the car. And it has alwasy worked beautifully.



As of last week, I installed 14.25.5. Beginning immediately after installation of the 14.25.5, the "messaging" button went grey. After numerous reboots of the car and phone, including deleting and repairing, it remained grey. I then deleted ALL exiting text message on the phone, and reconnect the phone and the messaging button became active. So my conclusion is that 1 or more message in that message history was not playing nice with uconnect, and once they were gone uconnect was satisfied. The important thing to note is that messaging was working fine before the update and NO messages were received during the update process, so the message list AFTER the update was identical to the message list BEFORE the update.



The next day I was able to send an receive messages through the day and sometime in the late afternoon, the same thing happened. I had exchanged message with about dozen or more people by that time, and since it was nothing important I deleted the full message history, reconnected and was back in business.



The next day the same thing happened. This time I tried to remove message selectively to determine which might be the troublemaker. I deleted 1 or 3 message at a time, and eventually it came back to life. I was not able to discern which one cause the problem.



The next day the same thing happened, so I now started removing messages sequentially backward along the timeline, I eventually removed one that made messaging come back to life. In this case the problem message was determined, but there was nothing significantly interesting about the message.



In all cases, I have had a blend of standard SMS and MMS, some are group messages and others are singles. In all cases, none of the messages that seem to be the likely suspects have actually been the ones causing trouble.



I am suspecting this is a bug, and quite annoying too, since it is causing me to repeated parse and delete my messages store.



Has anyone else seen this problem?



Also, I don't know if this is related , but I have also noticed that spontaneously Uconnect will stop announcing new messages upon receipt, even though they are showing up in the uconnect inbox, and it was announcing new messages mere minutes beforehand.



I am considering downgrading to the older code to see if these problems go away.

I have an iphone so I can't relate to being able to compose messages, but I can relate to you on announcement of incoming txts. Yesterday all of a sudden, I lost the announcement of new messages and just like you said, they are in the inbox.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-27-2014, 09:56 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 68
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 889
Born2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond reputeBorn2golf has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Messaging Bug in 14.25.5??

Quote:
Originally Posted by frydryce View Post
I'm having the same issue, but I haven't tried deleting messages yet. I'm back to texting on my phone which isn't safe, but it's just as annoying to have to clear my texts every day. I'm on an HTC One M7
I have not see the problem re-occur in about 3 weeks. Very bizarre how it resolved itself for me, unless there was something done OTA to the vehicle.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-02-2014, 02:47 PM
ssgunner's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: So Cal
Posts: 270
Thanks: 13
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 433
ssgunner is on a distinguished road
Re: Messaging Bug in 14.25.5??

SG5 here. Think i did the update to that version sometime in July and phone and uconnect work hand in hand beautifully for me as of yet. No issues with the voice text or making calls.
__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x2 5.7 HEMI MAX Steel>Build Date:Oct/13-Mods: Billet CC Blue, Searching for best exhaust option...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.2L KL
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
sclaws is on a distinguished road
Re: Messaging Bug in 14.25.5??

I'm having this same problem with an S3... will try deleting messages and reconnecting to see if that fixes it for me, but so far I haven't seen anything other than random connections.

Footnote, my "recent calls" button also grays out when "messaging" is gray.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-24-2014, 07:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 63
Thanks: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 151
michaelk is on a distinguished road
Re: Messaging Bug in 14.25.5??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclaws View Post
I'm having this same problem with an S3... will try deleting messages and reconnecting to see if that fixes it for me, but so far I haven't seen anything other than random connections.

Footnote, my "recent calls" button also grays out when "messaging" is gray.

I had the same symptom today with my Droid Maxx. Messaging and recent calls grayed out when i first got in the truck.

I only have had my Durango like 2 weeks now so honestly it's the first time i tried to use the messaging as soon as i got in.

I turned off and back on my phone's Bluetooth and that did not immediately repair it. I moved on to something else and a couple minutes later it was fine. I didn't really pay attention during those couple minutes so not sure what else was going on.

I assumed it just takes a couple minutes to connect the messaging bit until I read this thread. Before i read this thread, I was figuring it first connected the phone bit, then synced the phone book (mine is a little large- ~510 contacts so i figured that was what was taking so long), then once that synced it connects messaging and recent calls.

Sounds like my guess may not exactly be what is going on.....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 856
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 73188
mswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Messaging Bug in 14.25.5??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2golf View Post

Also, I don't know if this is related , but I have also noticed that spontaneously Uconnect will stop announcing new messages upon receipt, even though they are showing up in the uconnect inbox, and it was announcing new messages mere minutes beforehand.

I am considering downgrading to the older code to see if these problems go away.
I've had this last issue. It's happened on multiple versions of Uconnect and Multiple Phones HTC and Samsung.

It seems a little better lately. S5 with UConnect 14.25.05

It seems related to if you respond to a message and how fast you respond before another message comes in.
__________________
08-10-2014 Limited 3.6L Red W/Black Int, Tow Group IV, 8.4AN Radio, ProClip, OBDLink/Torque, Zeigler Lifetime MaxCare
OEM: Mud Flaps, Matts, Cargo Liner, Cross Rails
UConnect: 13.48.3 TSB: 21-007-13C (Yippy) Tires: OEM/Nokian
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Utah
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 96
otherwisebusy is on a distinguished road
Re: Messaging Bug in 14.25.5??

I have an iPhone and I know out going messages do not work. What was weird was that one day the messaging stopped working. I reset network settings, deleted the pairs on the radio and the iphone and repaired. No joy. It was late so I gave up and went to bed. The next morning got in the car and it was working again. Gremlins? Maybe. I think the uConnect software takes longer to shut down/reboot than I thought. I compare it to putting a PC to sleep rather that a hard reboot.
Another thing I noticed is that it can take up to 30 seconds sometimes for the messaging button to be active. My apps list is the same way. Pandora can take 30 seconds before it will show up in the list of apps.
__________________
'14 WK2 Limited, Hemi, Quadra Drive, Quadra Lift, ORII, Mopar CAI.
'00 WJ Limited, Quadra drive, UC springs, 2"BB, JCR Stage II rock rails
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 63
Thanks: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 151
michaelk is on a distinguished road
Re: Messaging Bug in 14.25.5??

Yep-

It seems to load one 'module' at a time. So first it does the phone call bit, then the phonebook bit, then messaging, etc.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
8.4N messaging in Canada frozennorth Audio/Visual/Navigation 3 08-06-2013 09:18 PM
Incoming text messaging on RA4 unit overland Sleestak Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 1 07-07-2013 07:19 PM
Samsung Galaxy S3 capable of text messaging through 430N? JeepMonster Audio/Visual/Navigation 14 11-12-2012 03:07 PM
Text messaging on the 430 wbbmom Audio/Visual/Navigation 17 12-26-2011 02:54 PM
430N Text messaging wbbmom Audio/Visual/Navigation 1 10-28-2010 08:09 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.