Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Audio/Visual/Navigation

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 03-29-2013, 01:27 PM
Boba10320's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wake Forest NC
Posts: 74
Thanks: 10
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 1105
Boba10320 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Boba10320
Need Help Audio Upgrade 2012 Overland 730N

I want to upgrade my audio system keeping the 730n in the dash. Figure I need new speakers and some amps. I have a budget of no more than $2000. Would this be something the average person could do themselves? I appreciate any and all help in my quest for better sound.
__________________

__________________
Bob

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-29-2013, 08:12 PM
1stJeepGC's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC Area
Posts: 720
Thanks: 64
Thanked 56 Times in 51 Posts
Rep Power: 4870
1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need Help Audio Upgrade 2012 Overland 730N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba10320 View Post
I want to upgrade my audio system keeping the 730n in the dash. Figure I need new speakers and some amps. I have a budget of no more than $2000. Would this be something the average person could do themselves? I appreciate any and all help in my quest for better sound.
Greetings,

I would search the threads by the following forum members that have done their or fully participated in their respective upgrades:

MOOSEHEAD, SUBBIE09, RAGEOFFURY AND VOYAGERX just to name a few.

In terms of your budget, it depends if you want to keep the surround sound system. For example, the JL Audio Stealthbox, amp and the wiring kit will run over $1K. Then depending on your level of sound quality, speakers can get pricy and that will require quality amps, plus additional processing. You can very quickly spend over $3,500 to $5,000.00 with this route of an upgrade.

However, if your sound quality requirements is not that extensive and you prefer the traditional front, rear and sub approach, you can make it with your budget. As a recommendation with regards to the amps, look for Class D, they are efficient on the JGC electrical system.

Best for now.
__________________

__________________
Laredo X, Trail Rated, QTii, Sele-Terrian, Quadra Lift, Off-Road Adventure Package ii, Nokian Rotiva AT, Tow, AFE CAI, Custom Sound System ( HAT speakers, JLAudio , Pioneer , JBL MS-8 & RF 3.sixty.3 see the writeup for more details http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/2011-...ver-79121.html )
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1stJeepGC For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 03-30-2013, 08:20 AM
Boba10320's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wake Forest NC
Posts: 74
Thanks: 10
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 1105
Boba10320 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Boba10320
Re: Need Help Audio Upgrade 2012 Overland 730N

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stJeepGC View Post
Greetings,

I would search the threads by the following forum members that have done their or fully participated in their respective upgrades:

MOOSEHEAD, SUBBIE09, RAGEOFFURY AND VOYAGERX just to name a few.

In terms of your budget, it depends if you want to keep the surround sound system. For example, the JL Audio Stealthbox, amp and the wiring kit will run over $1K. Then depending on your level of sound quality, speakers can get pricy and that will require quality amps, plus additional processing. You can very quickly spend over $3,500 to $5,000.00 with this route of an upgrade.

However, if your sound quality requirements is not that extensive and you prefer the traditional front, rear and sub approach, you can make it with your budget. As a recommendation with regards to the amps, look for Class D, they are efficient on the JGC electrical system.

Best for now.
Thanks for your suggestions. I will check out thoses threads for information.
__________________
Bob

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-30-2013, 09:32 PM
1stJeepGC's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC Area
Posts: 720
Thanks: 64
Thanked 56 Times in 51 Posts
Rep Power: 4870
1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need Help Audio Upgrade 2012 Overland 730N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba10320 View Post
Thanks for your suggestions. I will check out thoses threads for information.
Greetings,

An old friend of mine from my pro audio & home theater days said I should check into this speaker line:

Home - The Home of the World's Finest Loudspeakers, and World Championship Car Audio Speaker Systems.

It is an American company, Hybrid Audio Technologies, that uses European designed speakers according to their own specifications. From the pictures it looks like they could be using a combination of Speakscan and Seas speakers. Many of top selling home audio speakers employ these speakers in their designs. They have an excellent product range for all budgets besides competition.

Best for now.
__________________
Laredo X, Trail Rated, QTii, Sele-Terrian, Quadra Lift, Off-Road Adventure Package ii, Nokian Rotiva AT, Tow, AFE CAI, Custom Sound System ( HAT speakers, JLAudio , Pioneer , JBL MS-8 & RF 3.sixty.3 see the writeup for more details http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/2011-...ver-79121.html )
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
730N Audio Settings mjodotcom Audio/Visual/Navigation 0 03-26-2013 09:52 AM
Possible to upgrade 730N RER to 730N RHR in 2008 Grand Cherokke Limited? wooddm72 Audio/Visual/Navigation 3 03-10-2013 01:19 PM
Most cost effective Audio Upgrade for 2012 Overland? JWIN Audio/Visual/Navigation 16 02-13-2013 06:43 AM
Audio problem with my 2012 overland Jdrdmg Audio/Visual/Navigation 1 08-01-2012 12:00 PM
730N - RER upgrade to 730N - RHR EmeraldOne Audio/Visual/Navigation 43 03-26-2011 12:48 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.