I'll get some screenshots.
I've installed a lockpick V5 in my 2012 JGC Overland for video & NAV unlock while driving purpose only, I was not interested in other VES features. It works 100%.
1) The DVD Video button now appears also in driving mode
2) In Navigation, I can enter addresses etc...
3) There's a new VES greyed button (I've no VES) that now appears now next to the other audio sources. so the integration & usage of the lockpick is quite seamless. a VES config button appears in the settings menu as well to switch on/off the VES but as said I'm not using it.
4) My unit is MyGIG 730 RHP Unit (export version South Africa) updated to V2.169. I was not actually sure the lockpick V5 would work with my export unit but it does hopefully
quite easy, just take your time
- remove the center bezel, grabbing it from the bottom gently: no need for any tool as it unclips naturally.
- took out the 4 screws around the radio & removed the MyGIG
- connect the whole thing as per instructions, connecting the lockpick part last.
- I've squeezed the lockpick above the radio, in the small space there below the dash so it doesn't move in the foam. advice : put some tape on the dip switches area of the lockpick so that switches don't change settings when manipulating / pushing the unit in.
- ignited in acc mode & switched on the radio, it initialized, asked for a radio lock code for a few seconds (I got scared here...) did some DVD ejects .. and just "settled" as complete initialization was completed.
- everything is back to normal now.
- I've cut and tape isolated all the other lockpick goodies connectors I'll never use (additional cam, inputs, outputs...etc...) in order to have a minimum cable mess behing the myGIG.
I ordered the lockpick V5 from www.sonicelectronix.com
as I was struggling with Coastaltech. received from US and cleared in South Africa within 2 weeks