Originally Posted by fx_msu
I just ordered a Laredo X with the 430N. My build date is 10/11/2010. My dealer could not answer the following questions:
1) Will the 430N support iPod control?
2) Will the 430N have the USB port on the face of the radio or underneath the center stack in the "storage bin" just in front of the shifter
3) If the 430N does not have the USB port underneath the center stack, will the iPod control still work on the face of the radio
4) Does the Garmin Nav have any real time traffic capability.
He did confirm they now can build Laredo X packages with the dual panoramic sunroof; unfortunately my order is too far down the path to change.
1) Yes, with a USB to iPod cable on the armrest USB connection. In theory- apparently compatibility isn't 100%.
2) Both on the face of the radio and in the armrest (not in the bin at the bottom of the center stack, where the iPod cable is on the 730N). The faceplate connection can be used to load media onto the hard drive. The armrest connection is intended for iPods and playing directly off the thumb drive.
3) See #2.
4) No, no traffic on the 430N.
The user guide (not the owner's manual, but the user guide) has a good amount of info on the exact differences and how they play out.
For both the user guide and owner's manual, go here
and select "2011" and "Grand Cherokee."