Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Audio/Visual/Navigation

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #85  
Old 12-05-2013, 07:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 798
tratpop is on a distinguished road
A good way to check is to get pictures of the harness behind each radio. If the harness is identical its a good start. Then, if there is a harness for the camera tucked away in the hatch waiting to be plugged in, that's a good sign. Though I think one of the previous posters said that the wiring is all there.....?

Really would come down to finding a dedicated service guy at a dealer willing to try it out.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 12-05-2013, 09:23 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
saidsaba is on a distinguished road
Re: Rear View Camera in Laredo?

Just bought my screen! will buy the camera and see how everything goes!

great thread
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 12-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 833
Thanks: 5
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 127153
loveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by saidsaba View Post
Just bought my screen! will buy the camera and see how everything goes!

great thread
What screen did you buy?... you must have a pre 2014.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 12-05-2013, 01:29 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
saidsaba is on a distinguished road
Re: Rear View Camera in Laredo?

I have a VP3 NA... will that work?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 12-09-2013, 11:40 PM
A10-6's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 113
Thanks: 8
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 579
A10-6 is on a distinguished road
Re: Rear View Camera in Laredo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
Camera is now 68137943AF $262 MSRP

Wiring 68225287AA $85.00

Applique:

5PS79JSCAA - Billet Silver $279

--Milous
Hi Milous,

Can you please confirm that these part numbers are for the MY14 Laredo.

My dealer is telling me that the camera cannot be fitted to the Laredo and that is why they have had an aftermarket model developed.

Thanks.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 12-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 316
RJ1185 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by A10-6 View Post

Hi Milous,

Can you please confirm that these part numbers are for the MY14 Laredo.

My dealer is telling me that the camera cannot be fitted to the Laredo and that is why they have had an aftermarket model developed.

Thanks.
They as in the dealership/Jeep?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 12-10-2013, 10:30 PM
A10-6's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 113
Thanks: 8
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 579
A10-6 is on a distinguished road
Re: Rear View Camera in Laredo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ1185 View Post
They as in the dealership/Jeep?
Presumably Jeep Australia as I was told previously that the camera was supplied by Jeep but I haven't seen any packaging so who knows.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 12-24-2013, 09:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 86
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 450
DanPorges is on a distinguished road
Re: Rear View Camera in Laredo?

So I have some good news and some bad news.... I have finally received the parts from www.weRmopar.com. However, the issue was Chrysler has changed the part number. The correct number for my Granite Metallic is now 1WD55LAUAI and it includes the camera, applique, badge and wire.

The bad news....I swapped the two pieces out which I have a couple of pics of, but is really pretty simple so not much of a write up. Now I have officially found there are no wires beyond the positive and negative of the light connections that run to the place where the new harness connects. There should be about 5-6 additional wires, but they dont seem to exist in the tailgate.

JeepGuy....any chance you can confirm the wiring diagrams again? Otherwise, any idea where they need to connect to the stereo and BCM and I can just run the new wires myself?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 12-24-2013, 09:46 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 390
jeepguy_1980 is on a distinguished road
Re: Rear View Camera in Laredo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPorges View Post
So I have some good news and some bad news.... I have finally received the parts from www.weRmopar.com. However, the issue was Chrysler has changed the part number. The correct number for my Granite Metallic is now 1WD55LAUAI and it includes the camera, applique, badge and wire.

The bad news....I swapped the two pieces out which I have a couple of pics of, but is really pretty simple so not much of a write up. Now I have officially found there are no wires beyond the positive and negative of the light connections that run to the place where the new harness connects. There should be about 5-6 additional wires, but they dont seem to exist in the tailgate.

JeepGuy....any chance you can confirm the wiring diagrams again? Otherwise, any idea where they need to connect to the stereo and BCM and I can just run the new wires myself?
I need a VIN. If you want to see what's required for a RAM (which has the same BCM and overall about the same electrical system), read this pdf.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 12-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 86
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 450
DanPorges is on a distinguished road
Re: Rear View Camera in Laredo?

My VIN is 1C4RJFAG5EC316440, but I think I have already figured it out. The wiring harnesses indicated on the TechAuthority website have 2 variations. The first one is the one from the Limited. The second one is the Laredo version and it doesnt have any of the connectors for the camera.

That said, I did some digging and the wires from the new camera connector are pretty straitforward. I will need to run the Camera Signal, Camera Return and Camera Shield to the back of the stereo head unit. I will need to run the "LIN BUS CBC 3" wire to the BCM (which I assume is in the passenger footwell??) and the "RUN RELAY" wire will just need to be connected to the reverse light wire so it only turns on when the vehicle is in reverse (so I dont have to add another full relay and all).

Does this sound similar to the connections in the Ram's you have worked on?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 12-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 390
jeepguy_1980 is on a distinguished road
Re: Rear View Camera in Laredo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPorges View Post
My VIN is 1C4RJFAG5EC316440, but I think I have already figured it out. The wiring harnesses indicated on the TechAuthority website have 2 variations. The first one is the one from the Limited. The second one is the Laredo version and it doesnt have any of the connectors for the camera.

That said, I did some digging and the wires from the new camera connector are pretty straitforward. I will need to run the Camera Signal, Camera Return and Camera Shield to the back of the stereo head unit. I will need to run the "LIN BUS CBC 3" wire to the BCM (which I assume is in the passenger footwell??) and the "RUN RELAY" wire will just need to be connected to the reverse light wire so it only turns on when the vehicle is in reverse (so I dont have to add another full relay and all).

Does this sound similar to the connections in the Ram's you have worked on?
Yes. The BCM wire is optional. Without it, there won't be any moving lines. Also, I never verified that the run relay line comes on only when the vehicle is in reverse. I believe it's powered anytime the ignition is on, but I might be mistaken.

Also, I am not a fan of the techauthority wiring diagrams for the 2014 models. They seem far too generic and I'm not confident that they're VIN specific.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 12-25-2013, 12:19 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 86
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 450
DanPorges is on a distinguished road
Re: Rear View Camera in Laredo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980 View Post
Yes. The BCM wire is optional. Without it, there won't be any moving lines. Also, I never verified that the run relay line comes on only when the vehicle is in reverse. I believe it's powered anytime the ignition is on, but I might be mistaken.

Also, I am not a fan of the techauthority wiring diagrams for the 2014 models. They seem far too generic and I'm not confident that they're VIN specific.
Thanks again.... So if I dont care about the moving lines then I can skip the BCM connection and the reflash just tells the stereo to look for the camera when I shift into reverse?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear View Camera - FOV Roki303 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 7 08-18-2013 09:26 AM
Rear View Camera - FOV Roki303 Troubleshooting/Problems 3 08-17-2013 12:47 AM
Possible to view rear backup camera in drive. InTheBush Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 3 05-06-2013 12:33 PM
Rear View camera wiring?? laxer44 Troubleshooting/Problems 5 03-03-2012 08:08 AM
My redone rear view camera harricanfloyd Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 7 10-15-2010 05:02 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community