I've noticed a LOT of subtle changes going from 2015 to 2017 8.4AN and someone asked me what the changes were.
I just can't keep track of them all and maybe there was ways of doing the same thing in prior models that I didn't know about.
But I thought I'd share the burden.
I don't know which updates were in 2016 and I'm sure many were.
I'll list a few that stand out or I can recall:
1) You can enabled Backup Camera in Drive. Go To Connect Button, App Manager and you'll see a Backup Camera Icon. Just hit it and Camera comes up.
2) It says you can drag an Icon to menu bar. But they don't stick? I don't get it.
3) It has the the "Siri Eyes" update, WITHOUT The Massive bugs on 2015. IT does not constantly switch to bluetooth source. It did once though.
4) Voice is change.
5) Voice recognition for Nav is 10x better. I could not for the life of me get 3 common addresses in by voice on older radio. All 3 were perfect the first try.
6) I think they moved Mics from top of rear view mirror to headliner. There are 6 "grills" on the headliner in a 2017 Summit. 4 for Active Noise Cancelation Mics and 2 smaller Bluetooth Mics?
7) If you are on Shuffle or Repeat and you Voice Rec another Album the Repeat and Shuffle cancels. I REALLY like this. I often Shuffle the whole library until I hear something I'm in the mood for and then call up that album. But I always want the album to play in original order.
8) Themes are difference. No more Carbon Fiber, but one that looks similar. I like the leather ones to match the dash leather.
9) I really stress my system with 9000 tunes on 128GB USB stick. This radio is handling it much better. Less lag and less stalls.
10) Female voice is sexier.
11) Look and feel is slightly different on the Dash. Customization options might be slightly extended.
12) I don't recall this prior. On Beep on Fob Lock there is a new option to Beep on the 2nd click. I like this !!. I generally want it off but it's handy to have on sometime to find your car. Formally I'd use panic to find it
13) Maps of course are updated.
14) Over speed warning more accurate (so far).
15) ACC Icon turns bright green when active (same as lane assist).
There is a whole bunch more I'm sure. I'm constantly saying to myself, that's new, that's different. And 99% of the time it's an improvement.
Be cool if there was official release notes for Model Year to Model Year.