Willx - let me start off by saying "Thanks!"
I had 13.05 (yes, OLD!) and just upgraded to the 13.19. I have actually been fairly happy with the original, hence the delay in upgrade. My only problems were:
- Recognizing Nav input via text was bad enough I never used it; I would pull over to enter addresses.
- Text messaging readout and text via Voice were sporadic at best.
My upgrade experience was similar to Bill's - everything upgraded without issue but on the first reboot I got the service 911 message. I have not seen it since. It did freeze @40% on the Sierra piece for a good 3-4 minutes, but kept going and didn't require me to reinsert the USB.
The screens are definitely more responsive. Other than that I don't see much change in the overall functionality from what I had.
1. Text messaging was very, very sporadic and doesn't work at all at this point. This had quit working on 13.05 and remains the same now. I have a Galaxy S4 that worked fine for a bit, but now the message screen is blank. Based on other posts, I'll whack the history and see where that gets me. (I actually had a hunch that it was either a. the number of messages, or b: group messages that killed it).
2. My seat ventilation comes on 'Lo' when I get in. It would be nice if the order was changed from "Hi->Lo->Off" to "Lo->Hi->Off" so I don't have to hit the button twice if I want to increase it. If I caught your latest remarks though, we should understand that this is in the firmware and not software though?
3. HD Radio sub-channels stop playback when you tune to them directly. In other words, on the old system, if I was on 94.5.1 and hit my preset to 95.7.2, the radio would actually tune to 95.7.1 immediately and then 'fade' into 95.7.2 once the HD buffer filled after 1-2 seconds. Now, that 1-2 seconds is filled with silence. Not sure if I care, just was something immediately noticed.
4. EQ was reset. It appears that all other personal settings/presets are there.
If there is a way help beta test, I'd be more than happy to do it. Hell, I'd be happy to help them develop pieces - can we open source it?