Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Audio/Visual/Navigation

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1657  
Old 10-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 859 Times in 469 Posts
Rep Power: 1927096
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by libby2cm View Post
So the radio is on the databus.. Along with all other modules.. So if we can flash uconnect updates.. Why the hell can't other modules be flashed by EU as well and save us a trip to dealer??? Or better yet.. Deliver them ota then flash them automatically like 5 minutes after vehicle shutdown? It's 2013... This can't be difficult... So irritating...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4
Because you are not affecting the "base firmware" on the radio, just the software, so if it messes up, a reload can easily be started.

Modules ONLY have firmware, if say your PCM module didn't program correctly, there is a very good chance it is baked.... Now your vehicle doesn't run at all and the solution is a new PCM but your car is sitting in your driveway at home and who's problem is that?

This is why.

Be thankful that Chrysler lets us update the Radios, I am on my Third Equinox this year with a non-functioning radio.

oh, and BTW....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13-33-7.jpg (47.5 KB, 82 views)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1658  
Old 10-02-2013, 09:38 PM
clowenthal's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 188
Thanks: 23
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 868
clowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post
Because you are not affecting the "base firmware" on the radio, just the software, so if it messes up, a reload can easily be started.

Modules ONLY have firmware, if say your PCM module didn't program correctly, there is a very good chance it is baked.... Now your vehicle doesn't run at all and the solution is a new PCM but your car is sitting in your driveway at home and who's problem is that?

This is why.

Be thankful that Chrysler lets us update the Radios, I am on my Third Equinox this year with a non-functioning radio.

oh, and BTW....
Wow - that's a totally new version that we haven't heard of as well as a map update!!! Where did you see/get that? Any chance that file is going to be available soon?????
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1659  
Old 10-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 859 Times in 469 Posts
Rep Power: 1927096
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by clowenthal View Post
Wow - that's a totally new version that we haven't heard of as well as a map update!!! Where did you see/get that? Any chance that file is going to be available soon?????
Just a little give and take, I help someone and they make sure I get some info back... To tell you the truth, I don't have a set date and I am not sure about the map updates at this point either.

The focus will be on the recall for a bit, I will let you know as I find out more.

I posted that so that people know the ball is still rolling and they are still working on the fixes. I have NEVER seen so many radio updates for a vehicle from any manufacturer EVER.

Before you say "that is because of all of the problems", 13.15.4 would have been "acceptable" from any other manufacturer I work with and normally they take more that a year to deal with any bugs at all. I am working with my third Equinox now across 2 model years that still can't stream any Bluetooth audio properly...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1660  
Old 10-02-2013, 09:53 PM
clowenthal's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 188
Thanks: 23
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 868
clowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post
Just a little give and take, I help someone and they make sure I get some info back... To tell you the truth, I don't have a set date and I am not sure about the map updates at this point either.

The focus will be on the recall for a bit, I will let you know as I find out more.

I posted that so that people know the ball is still rolling and they are still working on the fixes. I have NEVER seen so many radio updates for a vehicle from any manufacturer EVER.

Before you say "that is because of all of the problems", 13.15.4 would have been "acceptable" from any other manufacturer I work with and normally they take more that a year to deal with any bugs at all. I am working with my third Equinox now across 2 model years that still can't stream any Bluetooth audio properly...
I agree regarding the amount of updates. However it's just very frustrating that it's been over 3 months since the last one we've been able to get and we have been on the sidelines watching all these new versions come, but have no way to get it. 13.19.0 certainly fixed some nice things, but it also broke voice text responses and there is just no way to correct that without an update.

I understand the focus on the recall - but that means another 2 months... It would be really nice if someone could leak out the latest release.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1661  
Old 10-02-2013, 09:55 PM
seeingwhite's Avatar
How long until the reckoning?
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: FFH
Posts: 539
Thanks: 152
Thanked 66 Times in 49 Posts
Rep Power: 3310
seeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post

Because you are not affecting the "base firmware" on the radio, just the software, so if it messes up, a reload can easily be started.
Kind of like a bootloader vs OS on an Android smartphone, or a bios vs windows on a PC. As long as the bios or bootloader is not corrupt, I can reload a bad install of the OS. Is this a good analogy?
__________________
2015 Grand Cherokee Overland on order 6/12/2014
Any guesses on delivery?

Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 07/22/2014
BUILT: 08/09/2014
Estimated delivery: 08/20/2014
DELIVERED: 08/19/2014
Reply With Quote
  #1662  
Old 10-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 859 Times in 469 Posts
Rep Power: 1927096
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by clowenthal View Post
It would be really nice if someone could leak out the latest release.
Still working on this... It should not be 2 Months, and I am hoping much sooner.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1663  
Old 10-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 859 Times in 469 Posts
Rep Power: 1927096
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingwhite View Post
Kind of like a bootloader vs OS on an Android smartphone, or a bios vs windows on a PC. As long as the bios or bootloader is not corrupt, I can reload a bad install of the OS. Is this a good analogy?
Yes, VERY!... and if the Bios update failed, the motherboard is garbage (except PCMs/TCMs are WAY more expensive)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1664  
Old 10-02-2013, 09:59 PM
clowenthal's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 188
Thanks: 23
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 868
clowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond reputeclowenthal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post
Still working on this... It should not be 2 Months, and I am hoping much sooner.
I know you are and I know every VIP member really appreciates it. But I'm concerned that with the Recall, they are going to freeze updates and just handle it all with one package. Still keeping my fingers crossed!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1665  
Old 10-02-2013, 10:11 PM
seeingwhite's Avatar
How long until the reckoning?
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: FFH
Posts: 539
Thanks: 152
Thanked 66 Times in 49 Posts
Rep Power: 3310
seeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond reputeseeingwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post

Yes, VERY!... and if the Bios update failed, the motherboard is garbage (except PCMs/TCMs are WAY more expensive)
Is the Uconnect firmware upgradeable by the dealer? I'm not sure it would be necessary in the Uconnect system, but I could see it possibly necessary in some cases. Im just curious because I have messed with this stuff as a hobby for years... Just enough to get myself and my devices in trouble. ;-)
__________________
2015 Grand Cherokee Overland on order 6/12/2014
Any guesses on delivery?

Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 07/22/2014
BUILT: 08/09/2014
Estimated delivery: 08/20/2014
DELIVERED: 08/19/2014
Reply With Quote
  #1666  
Old 10-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 488
BigHorn453 is on a distinguished road
Willx, make a new name like JohnSmith and leak some new stuff to a few members. I'm sure it would create a ripple effect and eventually over a short period of time, everyone will get the update! haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1667  
Old 10-03-2013, 01:52 AM
CHALLENGERBIZJET's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,593
Thanks: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 2543
CHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond repute
What is this blacked out speedometer issue and the constant rebooting of the radio attributed to? Three months since I picked up my jeep and no issues, now that I hit 2001 miles these things are beginning to crop up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1668  
Old 10-03-2013, 06:16 AM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 859 Times in 469 Posts
Rep Power: 1927096
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHALLENGERBIZJET View Post
What is this blacked out speedometer issue and the constant rebooting of the radio attributed to? Three months since I picked up my jeep and no issues, now that I hit 2001 miles these things are beginning to crop up.
If you received an OTA (Over The Air) update where the apps got reorganized this may cause more than one radio reboot "MAY". The Speedometer dropping out could be caused by a few things. One of those things MAY be related to the recall, so just maybe hang on for a few days on that... Once I get a better handle on what they are doing there I can maybe provide a better answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHorn453 View Post
Willx, make a new name like JohnSmith and leak some new stuff to a few members. I'm sure it would create a ripple effect and eventually over a short period of time, everyone will get the update! haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
See because I am not connected to Chrysler in any way, I have no issues giving stuff out. I stick to releasing it to Premium Member group primarily because I like to add value to this great site and it is still less visible to the outside world (one of my updates did get removed due to a complaint).

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingwhite View Post
Is the Uconnect firmware upgradeable by the dealer? I'm not sure it would be necessary in the Uconnect system, but I could see it possibly necessary in some cases. Im just curious because I have messed with this stuff as a hobby for years... Just enough to get myself and my devices in trouble. ;-)
Um, UConnect is more like a bunch of Apps running on the box.... The Box is made by the Folks at Harmon and they are using a QNX OS. I have not seen anything where the QNX system had any issues as it is rock solid. QNX writes software to control the space shuttles, so they aren't really into "glitches". Now the program/apps that get loaded into the radio, that is the stuff where there is room for improvement. This of course was all setup to be user friendly for updating which is AWESOME!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
13.19.0, 8.4an update, jeep 8.4, jeep uconnect, uconnect 13.19.0 update, uconnect 8.4

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anything different about UConnect 8.4 radio RA3 and UConnect Access Via Mobile REDDIZE Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 4 08-19-2014 11:55 PM
UConnect glock17 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 12 03-26-2013 09:39 AM
Uconnect Wi-fi Jpeyatt Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 8 01-16-2012 10:35 AM
NEW UNOFFICIAL 1/4 Mile, 12.77@107.5 Tim@NCTSLLC At The Track 27 10-17-2009 12:47 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.