Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Audio/Visual/Navigation

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #445  
Old 07-11-2013, 03:50 PM
StaticFX's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 562
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 867
StaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

just got my GC yesterday... and found this today. Im on 13.05 so i obviously want to do the update. Problem is the link wont let me download "Unavailable"

Are there any other links?

Thanks!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #446  
Old 07-11-2013, 03:59 PM
StaticFX's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 562
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 867
StaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

Hey WillX - thanks for the advice. Cant reply in PM (im not 'trusted' yet) lol

But yes, its an 8.4 AN with NAV (the nav was 'activated' by the dealer before i picked it up)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #447  
Old 07-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Willx's Avatar
Specialist


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,532
Thanks: 479
Thanked 740 Times in 395 Posts
Rep Power: 1926316
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post
Hey WillX - thanks for the advice. Cant reply in PM (im not 'trusted' yet) lol

But yes, its an 8.4 AN with NAV (the nav was 'activated' by the dealer before i picked it up)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOA.... That is an RA3 then.... If it did not have Nav from the factory it is RA3 and you need the RA3 file which is working fine Post #1

Check your invoice, or PM me your VIN, you will be trusted soon and I will verify

And or just post your last 8 and you can edit it out of your post after I check it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Old 07-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Old geezer
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,562
Thanks: 0
Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 2425
lstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by siegs7 View Post
Has anybody else had issues with the MEDIA section of the radio? I usually have my iPhone automatically connect for phone and Bluetooth audio. I have noticed that the phone always works, but often times the MEDIA will just display "CONNECT DEVICE" and not work. I have tried plugging in my iPod and an SD card and it seems like the entire MEDIA section becomes unresponsive. I try and wait, thinking maybe the system is still booting up, but it never works. I test my phone and that works fine. The only way for the MEDIA section to begin working again is to do a reset of the entire Nav, by pressing in both the MUTE and TUNE buttons until system reboots. After the reboot, it always works afterwards.

Any ideas? Does this sound to be hardware or software related?
I'm gonna vote software.

I dunno if this is a bug or a feature, but if you leave a USB key plugged in with the vehicle off, then start it up and go to media, it sets there with the connect device prompt until you unplug it just enough to break the USB connection, then put it back.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #449  
Old 07-11-2013, 05:49 PM
weck's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Wisco
Posts: 725
Thanks: 14
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Rep Power: 3478
weck has a reputation beyond reputeweck has a reputation beyond reputeweck has a reputation beyond reputeweck has a reputation beyond reputeweck has a reputation beyond reputeweck has a reputation beyond reputeweck has a reputation beyond reputeweck has a reputation beyond reputeweck has a reputation beyond reputeweck has a reputation beyond reputeweck has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

Mine does this with a Sd card. If you wait 30 seconds it finds the card, or switch to radio and back will also do it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #450  
Old 07-11-2013, 06:02 PM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,465
Thanks: 256
Thanked 257 Times in 228 Posts
Rep Power: 1800499
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

While I'm on hold with connect ...

I wanted to set nav with directions to a hospital where I have to take my neighbor tomorrow. Using voice command it would show me the local branch only. The text screen under POI was greyed out, so I tried YELP. It found a few more hospitals, but not what I was asking for.

So, I hit the assist button and was told that my vehicle was not registered with uConnect., call by phone. I called and explained the problem, at first the rep said maybe my subscription ran out, but as soon as his screen popped up he said it was good until next March.

He wanted to know if I was calling from the car, but with no cell phone I was calling from the kitchen. He went through a few things that he wanted me to check while he stayed on the line. He said he would need me to check the software version. When I responded right away he said I guess you're a little familiar with the system. I did all the things he asked me to do, although I had already done most of them. He agreed that I couldn't get YELP if the car was not registered.

While he was typing I tried POI again, and it worked, but still no assist button. He opened a ticket. And transferred me to someone else to look into why my turns in cluster unchecked itself every few days. She said she will check, and when she comes back on the line I'll let you know what she says.

Tic Toc

Tic To

Tic To

OK, the young lady checked with her manager and was told they are aware of the problem, an update is coming, and it will be installed automatically. She said, one day you will just realize you haven't had to reset it anymore. She also said I could check for updates online.

Both people I spoke with were very courteous, sounded as if they were concerned, and made sure that they understood the problem that I was describing. Unlike my first call to Jeep customer service, I hung up feeling good about the way I was treated.

Now I have to go out and wash the Jeep.


---
__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...

... pull over to the side of the road!

Reply With Quote
  #451  
Old 07-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 226
Thanks: 22
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 654
adthebadstud is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_de View Post
While I'm on hold with connect ...

I wanted to set nav with directions to a hospital where I have to take my neighbor tomorrow. Using voice command it would show me the local branch only. The text screen under POI was greyed out, so I tried YELP. It found a few more hospitals, but not what I was asking for.

So, I hit the assist button and was told that my vehicle was not registered with uConnect., call by phone. I called and explained the problem, at first the rep said maybe my subscription ran out, but as soon as his screen popped up he said it was good until next March.

He wanted to know if I was calling from the car, but with no cell phone I was calling from the kitchen. He went through a few things that he wanted me to check while he stayed on the line. He said he would need me to check the software version. When I responded right away he said I guess you're a little familiar with the system. I did all the things he asked me to do, although I had already done most of them. He agreed that I couldn't get YELP if the car was not registered.

While he was typing I tried POI again, and it worked, but still no assist button. He opened a ticket. And transferred me to someone else to look into why my turns in cluster unchecked itself every few days. She said she will check, and when she comes back on the line I'll let you know what she says.

Tic Toc

Tic To

Tic To

OK, the young lady checked with her manager and was told they are aware of the problem, an update is coming, and it will be installed automatically. She said, one day you will just realize you haven't had to reset it anymore. She also said I could check for updates online.

Both people I spoke with were very courteous, sounded as if they were concerned, and made sure that they understood the problem that I was describing. Unlike my first call to Jeep customer service, I hung up feeling good about the way I was treated.

Now I have to go out and wash the Jeep.

---
Bill,

I was having a similar experience with calling uconnect yesterday trying to figure out my text messaging issue (obviously not the same issues as you with no cell phone). When I tried the assist button it said I didn't have a subscription and they looked up my info and said I should have one until next April. After them having me do a factory reset and two restarts they want me to bring it to the dealer.

Hopefully that push fix they told you about fixes my problem as well.
__________________
2014 Overland 4x4 V6, Black ext, Black int, Advanced Tech Package. EC169841

My First Jeep. Current Status: Chrysler Buy Back (It's for sale in Wisconsin! http://www.vanhorndodge.com/vehicle-...-wi-id-6432659
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old 07-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 215
Thanks: 15
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 820
fumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond reputefumblefingers1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

If they are doing daily PATCHES, why don't they at least label them 19.13.01, .02, .03
It is so lame not to let owners know when their software is a stable version.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old 07-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Willx's Avatar
Specialist


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,532
Thanks: 479
Thanked 740 Times in 395 Posts
Rep Power: 1926316
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumblefingers1 View Post
If they are doing daily PATCHES, why don't they at least label them 19.13.01, .02, .03
It is so lame not to let owners know when their software is a stable version.
These are app updates and should not affect the software on the system (at least until recently). There is some things going on right now I cannot peg. I was not aware that these flash updates could update other modules but there appears to be some other fixes happening over the air. I am not sure of anything at the moment similar to Milous not being sure on the diesel. getting a lot of mixed informatoin here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #454  
Old 07-11-2013, 07:11 PM
silvermax04's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 759
Thanks: 23
Thanked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Rep Power: 1501
silvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post
These are app updates and should not affect the software on the system (at least until recently). There is some things going on right now I cannot peg. I was not aware that these flash updates could update other modules but there appears to be some other fixes happening over the air. I am not sure of anything at the moment similar to Milous not being sure on the diesel. getting a lot of mixed informatoin here.
do you think the Uconnect version updates we have been loading will be pushed over the air at some point? or is that not in the grand plan?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Old 07-11-2013, 07:19 PM
Willx's Avatar
Specialist


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,532
Thanks: 479
Thanked 740 Times in 395 Posts
Rep Power: 1926316
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermax04 View Post

do you think the Uconnect version updates we have been loading will be pushed over the air at some point? or is that not in the grand plan?
The major updates to change the core program are a little too large to push over the air. I mean in the future anything is possible but right now the big stuff will happen over USB and or WiTech.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #456  
Old 07-11-2013, 07:48 PM
StaticFX's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 562
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 867
StaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

ok, question.

I updated the system to 13.19. went smoothly.

afterword it had a few hiccups (freezing etc but no biggie - i know it will happen) about 1 hour later, i zipped down to the gas station to grab a coke... and noticed that the viaMobile apps were there!! cool! pandora!

didnt get to play with them because it got stuck again. Waited till now, and they are gone bummed!!!


oh.. everything seems to work fine.

RADIO.
I little more responsive and no delays

MEDIA
connects quickly to my iphone to play via BT
(have not tried USB yet)


NAV
I see no real performance difference for the NAV map view... still sluggish when trying to move around the screen. Will try 2d view to see if it helps
switching in menus etc is faster and more responsive
POI is quick

PHONE
seems to connect faster

APPS
Only Yelp (no bing like others had)
and I gave it a try... wow you could starve to death waiting for a list of restaurants to load!
will try again but not impressed.. yet

overall seems better and faster. will wait a few days to let it "settle in" as well

im driving my wife nuts by continually going out and sitting in it love it

THANKS AGAIN!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
13.19.0, 8.4an update, jeep 8.4, jeep uconnect, uconnect 13.19.0 update, uconnect 8.4

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UConnect glock17 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 12 03-26-2013 09:39 AM
Anything different about UConnect 8.4 radio RA3 and UConnect Access Via Mobile REDDIZE Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 1 02-18-2013 01:19 PM
Uconnect Wi-fi Jpeyatt Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 8 01-16-2012 10:35 AM
NEW UNOFFICIAL 1/4 Mile, 12.77@107.5 Tim@NCTSLLC At The Track 27 10-17-2009 12:47 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community