Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Audio/Visual/Navigation

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #865  
Old 07-25-2013, 06:48 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 550
blackknight is on a distinguished road
I upgraded to 13.19 a few weeks ago. Sine that time my temperature sensor has not worked as well. It takes much longer to get to the correct temperature.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #866  
Old 07-25-2013, 07:17 AM
Willx's Avatar
Specialist


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,532
Thanks: 479
Thanked 740 Times in 395 Posts
Rep Power: 1926318
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
I upgraded to 13.19 a few weeks ago. Sine that time my temperature sensor has not worked as well. It takes much longer to get to the correct temperature.
Just so you are aware, it was very likely functioning like that before. There is a TSB for the outside temperature gauge and a fix should be out in late Fall.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #867  
Old 07-25-2013, 07:28 AM
StaticFX's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 564
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 871
StaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

ok.. memory seat / radio settings issues still.

Grab the door handle, and seat set itself like it should.. but none of the radio stations set. Had to press the door button. Either nothing works from the fob, or only part... rare that all goes like it should.
willx - is this part of the issues??
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #868  
Old 07-25-2013, 07:35 AM
Willx's Avatar
Specialist


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,532
Thanks: 479
Thanked 740 Times in 395 Posts
Rep Power: 1926318
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post
ok.. memory seat / radio settings issues still.

Grab the door handle, and seat set itself like it should.. but none of the radio stations set. Had to press the door button. Either nothing works from the fob, or only part... rare that all goes like it should.
willx - is this part of the issues??
There is still a known issue noted with 13.19.0 that station presets are not functioning as designed. It is a carry over problem that was not solved in early versions but is fixed in the next update (if I believe everything I read).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #869  
Old 07-25-2013, 08:24 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 296
cgrad555 is on a distinguished road
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi_boy_156 View Post
Another question about the 8.4 Navigation (maybe not directly with the Update):

Does anybody of you already tried to load personal POIs by the Garmin Poi-Loader?

Nobody wrote something about that in the near history, but would be very interesting to know - does it work or not.

-Gigi
I have tried and failed. I contacted Garmin directly and they told me to use the POI Loader, save it to a memory stick and upload using the directions they sent me. Everything was done correctly from the POI Loader and saved, but the USB stick was not recognized. Even if it had been, the directions state to go to "where to", "extras", "custom POI's." I didnt have any icon in my NAV that had custom POI's. I called them back and they were very helpful and said that they are escalating it up and will contact me within a week to let me know the status. Hope that helps.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #870  
Old 07-25-2013, 08:51 AM
StaticFX's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 564
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 871
StaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrad555 View Post
I have tried and failed. I contacted Garmin directly and they told me to use the POI Loader, save it to a memory stick and upload using the directions they sent me. Everything was done correctly from the POI Loader and saved, but the USB stick was not recognized. Even if it had been, the directions state to go to "where to", "extras", "custom POI's." I didnt have any icon in my NAV that had custom POI's. I called them back and they were very helpful and said that they are escalating it up and will contact me within a week to let me know the status. Hope that helps.
interesting. I thought it was said it would not work. If they are saying it should... would be very cool! keep us posted!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #871  
Old 07-25-2013, 10:35 AM
jacko15's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pennsylvania's North Shore
Posts: 1,912
Thanks: 201
Thanked 130 Times in 105 Posts
Rep Power: 88239
jacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

That would be great if it worked! But don't hold your breath.
__________________
Mine: 2014 Overland 4x4 V6, ORA II, billet silver/black, Michelin LTX M/S 2's, MaxCare Lifetime, delivered 4-13-'13
Wife's Jeep: 2008 Compass Sport 4x4, 2.4L I4 DOHC, CVT, Lifetime powertrain warranty
Reply With Quote
  #872  
Old 07-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 296
cgrad555 is on a distinguished road
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

I agree but am hopeful. I read on another post that a guy was able to do it using the poi loader but as if yet, mine hasn't. Maybe after the software update it will work. Does anyone that has upgraded the uconnect software know if there is an "extras" icon on the nav screen?


UPDATE!!!

As luck would have it, Garmin just called me and asked me to send them some screen shots of my NAV screens. They also said that i should see something to the effect of "guidance by Garmin." I dont recall seeing anything like that, but then again i wouldnt have known to look for that. They said that the 8.4A was not produced by them, but the 8.4N is and they provide full support of the system. I would assume the 8.4N would be supported by them given its the NAV and the 8.4A is not, but i digress. I am going to send them the information tonight and see what happens from there. So far the customer service from Garmin has been impeccable and confirms why i always go with their units over Tom Tom and Magellan. Just personal preference i guess.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #873  
Old 07-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 550
blackknight is on a distinguished road
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

I notice that I still get the popping sound on AM radio on weaker stations. SXM still cuts out alot. On my jeep wrangler it almost never loses signal. The GC SXM cuts out every 15 minutes or so.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #874  
Old 07-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Willx's Avatar
Specialist


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,532
Thanks: 479
Thanked 740 Times in 395 Posts
Rep Power: 1926318
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: UConnect 13.19.0 - Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
I notice that I still get the popping sound on AM radio on weaker stations. SXM still cuts out alot. On my jeep wrangler it almost never loses signal. The GC SXM cuts out every 15 minutes or so.
Not sure on the AM, you could try having SiriusXM send a refresh to your radio?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #875  
Old 07-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 293
BigHorn453 is on a distinguished road
Anyone have issues with the 8.4AN in HD radio mode?

My HD radio kicks in after some buffering but then it is constantly in and out, never locks in to HD for good. And thats the only time the FM radio is clear. Whenever the HD isn't on, the static is horrible on FM. Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #876  
Old 07-25-2013, 07:38 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manhasset, NY
Posts: 172
Thanks: 2
Thanked 24 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 326193
jdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond reputejdchamp31 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrad555 View Post
I agree but am hopeful. I read on another post that a guy was able to do it using the poi loader but as if yet, mine hasn't. Maybe after the software update it will work. Does anyone that has upgraded the uconnect software know if there is an "extras" icon on the nav screen?


UPDATE!!!

As luck would have it, Garmin just called me and asked me to send them some screen shots of my NAV screens. They also said that i should see something to the effect of "guidance by Garmin." I dont recall seeing anything like that, but then again i wouldnt have known to look for that. They said that the 8.4A was not produced by them, but the 8.4N is and they provide full support of the system. I would assume the 8.4N would be supported by them given its the NAV and the 8.4A is not, but i digress. I am going to send them the information tonight and see what happens from there. So far the customer service from Garmin has been impeccable and confirms why i always go with their units over Tom Tom and Magellan. Just personal preference i guess.
Just to clarify....these headunits are NOT Garmin headunits. Harmon licensed the technology offered by Garmin at the software level but it is a QNX based system. You cannot load anything not designed for use with this system into it. It is a full OEM system offered by the QNX/Harmon partnership.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
13.19.0, 8.4an update, jeep 8.4, jeep uconnect, uconnect 13.19.0 update, uconnect 8.4

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UConnect glock17 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 12 03-26-2013 09:39 AM
Anything different about UConnect 8.4 radio RA3 and UConnect Access Via Mobile REDDIZE Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 1 02-18-2013 01:19 PM
Uconnect Wi-fi Jpeyatt Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 8 01-16-2012 10:35 AM
NEW UNOFFICIAL 1/4 Mile, 12.77@107.5 Tim@NCTSLLC At The Track 27 10-17-2009 12:47 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community