Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Audio/Visual/Navigation

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #253  
Old 11-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 226
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 855
Briant73 has a reputation beyond reputeBriant73 has a reputation beyond reputeBriant73 has a reputation beyond reputeBriant73 has a reputation beyond reputeBriant73 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.38.52

So been driving with 13.38.52 for awhile now on my 2014 Overland - two issues
1) Auto on comfort will not stay checked yet heated seat and wheel work when 40 or below. (No rear defrost though like some have reported)
2) SD card if last selected as source doesn't always come back as the source after restarting the vehicle instead I get radio or mobile selected (even though nothing is plugged in BT/wired)

Any ideas or are these known bugs being worked on for the next release? They aren't major but would like them resolved if possible. I don't use NAV or the few apps much.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 11-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1221
My1stJGC is on a distinguished road
So I went to dealership today because of the phone requires service note almost every time I turn on jeep and because of bowed lift gate handle. They said they have another jeep customer with same problem and have a star report out on that one. They had found a code on mine that they didn't find on the other jeep so maybe it will help both of ours out. Just to get home and find in the mail my recall notice. Guess I will bring that in when my handle comes in to be replaced.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 11-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 17681
TurboRush has a reputation beyond reputeTurboRush has a reputation beyond reputeTurboRush has a reputation beyond reputeTurboRush has a reputation beyond reputeTurboRush has a reputation beyond reputeTurboRush has a reputation beyond reputeTurboRush has a reputation beyond reputeTurboRush has a reputation beyond reputeTurboRush has a reputation beyond reputeTurboRush has a reputation beyond reputeTurboRush has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by My1stJGC View Post
So I went to dealership today because of the phone requires service note almost every time I turn on jeep and because of bowed lift gate handle. They said they have another jeep customer with same problem and have a star report out on that one. They had found a code on mine that they didn't find on the other jeep so maybe it will help both of ours out. Just to get home and find in the mail my recall notice. Guess I will bring that in when my handle comes in to be replaced.
Did they tell you what the code was or list it in your paper work? When I brought mine in for the recall I mention I was seeing the message (really just wanted it noted).

They ended up working with the Jeep engineers, it had set a code for weak signal or something like that (I have actual code in the paper work). They disassembled the antenna and ran some tests and reassembled, after reassembly the message has not come back (at 4 days now including 4 hours of driving today). They theorized that everything may not have been seated properly at the factory and a clean signal wasn't always getting from antenna to radio. Afterwards it occurred to me that I had the rear side window replaced which looks like it required a lot of disassembly of the back of the truck, the first time I saw the message was shortly after that.

I'll get my paperwork tomorrow and post the code.
__________________
2014 Overland - Granite, Hemi
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 11-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1221
My1stJGC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRush View Post
Did they tell you what the code was or list it in your paper work? When I brought mine in for the recall I mention I was seeing the message (really just wanted it noted). They ended up working with the Jeep engineers, it had set a code for weak signal or something like that (I have actual code in the paper work). They disassembled the antenna and ran some tests and reassembled, after reassembly the message has not come back (at 4 days now including 4 hours of driving today). They theorized that everything may not have been seated properly at the factory and a clean signal wasn't always getting from antenna to radio. Afterwards it occurred to me that I had the rear side window replaced which looks like it required a lot of disassembly of the back of the truck, the first time I saw the message was shortly after that. I'll get my paperwork tomorrow and post the code.
I didn't get no paperwork so I didn't get to see the codes. They just said there was four codes the same as the other jeep and one I had that the other one didn't.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 11-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 854 Times in 468 Posts
Rep Power: 1927028
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briant73 View Post
So been driving with 13.38.52 for awhile now on my 2014 Overland - two issues
1) Auto on comfort will not stay checked yet heated seat and wheel work when 40 or below. (No rear defrost though like some have reported)
2) SD card if last selected as source doesn't always come back as the source after restarting the vehicle instead I get radio or mobile selected (even though nothing is plugged in BT/wired)

Any ideas or are these known bugs being worked on for the next release? They aren't major but would like them resolved if possible. I don't use NAV or the few apps much.
Your number 1 is not the software revision. I don't see that problem much but is likely related to something to do with an external module.

The second thing, yes likely there is room for some future improvement there.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 11-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 453
Thanks: 0
Thanked 45 Times in 36 Posts
Rep Power: 5015
Peter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post
Your number 1 is not the software revision. I don't see that problem much but is likely related to something to do with an external module. The second thing, yes likely there is room for some future improvement there.
It is external. The module controlling the heated seats/wheel needs to be replaced due to a fault with its ability to store the parameter. The symptom is that it when you check the box in the user interface, the box will uncheck itself a few seconds (up to 20) later when the radio module does a request of the current settings from that module.

One of the glitches that happened on mine
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter_K For This Useful Post:
  #259  
Old 11-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 226
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 855
Briant73 has a reputation beyond reputeBriant73 has a reputation beyond reputeBriant73 has a reputation beyond reputeBriant73 has a reputation beyond reputeBriant73 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_K View Post
It is external. The module controlling the heated seats/wheel needs to be replaced due to a fault with its ability to store the parameter. The symptom is that it when you check the box in the user interface, the box will uncheck itself a few seconds (up to 20) later when the radio module does a request of the current settings from that module. One of the glitches that happened on mine
Thanks. What's involved in replacing that module? I rather not have my dash/interior taken apart.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 11-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 453
Thanks: 0
Thanked 45 Times in 36 Posts
Rep Power: 5015
Peter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond reputePeter_K has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.38.52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briant73 View Post
Thanks. What's involved in replacing that module? I rather not have my dash/interior taken apart.
It's a no-brainer. That module is actually under the passenger seat attached to the underside of the seat pan frame. Getting to it just basically just requires unbolting the passenger seat and tipping the seat back. Not a big deal at all.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 11-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 226
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 855
Briant73 has a reputation beyond reputeBriant73 has a reputation beyond reputeBriant73 has a reputation beyond reputeBriant73 has a reputation beyond reputeBriant73 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_K View Post
It's a no-brainer. That module is actually under the passenger seat attached to the underside of the seat pan frame. Getting to it just basically just requires unbolting the passenger seat and tipping the seat back. Not a big deal at all.
Thanks for the information. Anything specific I should state when scheduling service? I want to make sure I convey it so they check that module.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 11-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Overland1's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central Upstate NY
Posts: 120
Thanks: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1377
Overland1 is on a distinguished road
Re: UConnect 13.38.52

Just noticed a glitch in the Nav system (latest UConnect software) this evening on a short trip... no navigation for the two miles into town. Shut off engine and then restarted to come home and the map finally appeared but the system showed me a couple of miles from my actual location. I brought up the display that shows the number and signal strength of the satellites, and it showed no "birds". Too cold out there now, so I will mess with it in the morning.

Anybody else notice this sort of problem?
__________________
"Governments never learn. Only people learn." - Milton Friedman
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 11-26-2013, 08:19 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 87
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1195
ucla95 is on a distinguished road
Re: UConnect 13.38.52

Mine is now popping up an error box saying that I have not subscribed to SRT Performance Pages (I don't have an SRT) and that I need to activate this subscription. (I am active with UConnect)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 11-26-2013, 08:53 AM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6,008
Thanks: 307
Thanked 317 Times in 279 Posts
Rep Power: 1801465
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.38.52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla95 View Post
Mine is now popping up an error box saying that I have not subscribed to SRT Performance Pages (I don't have an SRT) and that I need to activate this subscription. (I am active with UConnect)

At least that is accurate.


---
__________________

__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...

... pull over to the side of the road!

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
13.38.52, 8.4an, grand cherokee, navigation, ra4, ram, uconnect, update, viper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anything different about UConnect 8.4 radio RA3 and UConnect Access Via Mobile REDDIZE Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 4 08-19-2014 11:55 PM
uconnect Tommy Liu Audio/Visual/Navigation 1 10-04-2013 11:37 PM
Uconnect fitzgjr1 Audio/Visual/Navigation 6 08-02-2012 08:45 PM
Uconnect Wi-fi Jpeyatt Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 8 01-16-2012 10:35 AM
UConnect jerky Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 3 11-09-2010 11:07 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community