Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Audio/Visual/Navigation

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #73  
Old 10-09-2013, 06:43 PM
shad0whawk's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Parker, Colorado
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 459
shad0whawk is on a distinguished road
I'm having the exact same issues with the USB regrading the play/pause button.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-09-2013, 06:47 PM
StaticFX's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 682
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 1090
StaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.38.52

Willx what about USB? i dont see test result for that... and do we need to restart the phone or the jeep? (4s with 7.02 here)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-09-2013, 06:54 PM
shad0whawk's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Parker, Colorado
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 459
shad0whawk is on a distinguished road
Ironically just rebooted phone and Bluetooth controls work fine now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 10-09-2013, 06:54 PM
shad0whawk's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Parker, Colorado
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 459
shad0whawk is on a distinguished road
And USB
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-09-2013, 06:58 PM
StaticFX's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 682
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 1090
StaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.38.52

hmmm... interesting. Thanks, will try that in the am
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,835
Thanks: 526
Thanked 816 Times in 458 Posts
Rep Power: 1926937
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: UConnect 13.38.52

I had some initial Weirdness getting IOS 7 working with some other updates on other radios... not sure if there is something that IOS is trying to detect, or if the radio is trying to assess something!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 10-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 532
libby2cm is on a distinguished road
Garage
Updated yesterday and it's like having a new radio. Much more responsive, less quirky, audio sounds better, graphics are better. I think the button to disable mirror dimming is sort of silly, but I guess there was demand for it. BT audio playback still skipping as it was before on my gn2 but who knows. Getting gn3 next week so maybe that will do better. I like how the interface was cleaned up in general too. Just need to take jeep into shop to get other flashes done but that will have to wait til next oil change..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-09-2013, 08:12 PM
not_too_shabby's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 392
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 887
not_too_shabby has a brilliant future
Re: UConnect 13.38.52

I found bluetooth with my iphone5 and ios7 does automatically start playing the iphone when I switch to the bluetooth control. I have to manually hit play on my iphone as the play/pause button does not work on the uconnect. As suggested above I will restart my iphone. I repaired it yesterday just to make everything fresh with the update. Also I keep getting a notification on my iphone to install the uconnect app even though it is already installed and I have the latest version!
__________________
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 V6
Maximum Steel
Download my App - iLeaseMyCar Pro Auto Loan and Lease Calculator for iPhone or iPad
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:35 AM
not_too_shabby's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 392
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 887
not_too_shabby has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_too_shabby View Post
I found bluetooth with my iphone5 and ios7 does automatically start playing the iphone when I switch to the bluetooth control. I have to manually hit play on my iphone as the play/pause button does not work on the uconnect. As suggested above I will restart my iphone. I repaired it yesterday just to make everything fresh with the update. Also I keep getting a notification on my iphone to install the uconnect app even though it is already installed and I have the latest version!
Update. As suggested above, a restart of my iPhone fixed it.
__________________
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 V6
Maximum Steel
Download my App - iLeaseMyCar Pro Auto Loan and Lease Calculator for iPhone or iPad
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 64
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 389
recoil1911 is on a distinguished road
Re: UConnect 13.38.52

Well that was 50 minutes of fun. I ran through a 13.19 to 13.38.52 update and it didn't go very well. It was doing fine until it reached Unit 10 - Embedded Air Card. After hanging for some time at 1% and 40% it came up with a message "Sierra Wireless: application file install failed. Please remove USB stick to reset". I removed the USB drive and it reset to start the upgrade over again. This time at Unit 10 it shut off all environmentals at 40% and set the ignition from Run to Off but kept progressing forward until it completed the full upgrade. After completing the upgrade everything turned off and could hear this high-pitched noise looping in the head unit like a drive was being read over and over. After five minutes of no display change I pushed the ignition to run and then back to off. I started the vehicle and it read the USB drive again to show it was up to the 13.38.52 firmware. I unplugged the USB drive, shut the car off and opened and close the driver's door. UConnect seems to be working. I let the electronics turn off completely and still hear a high-pitched repeating noise coming from the head unit like before. I am going to let the car sit for an hour and return to see if it is still doing it. I don't want this to run down the battery. I can't wait for this venture to turn into a service call at the dealership.

Update: Waited an hour. After getting in the vehicle and all of the electronics turn off the hard drive whine comes back and loops over and over again. Called UConnect and they suggest I take it into the dealership. They said they have had a few problems with firmware from the web site.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-10-2013, 09:50 AM
StaticFX's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 682
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 1090
StaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 13.38.52

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_too_shabby View Post
Update. As suggested above, a restart of my iPhone fixed it.
same here. Odd , but that fixed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil1911 View Post
Well that was 50 minutes of fun. I ran through a 13.19 to 13.38.52 update and it didn't go very well. It was doing fine until it reached Unit 10 - Embedded Air Card. After hanging for some time at 1% and 40% it came up with a message "Sierra Wireless: application file install failed. Please remove USB stick to reset". I removed the USB drive and it reset to start the upgrade over again. This time at Unit 10 it shut off all environmentals at 40% and set the ignition from Run to Off but kept progressing forward until it completed the full upgrade. After completing the upgrade everything turned off and could hear this high-pitched noise looping in the head unit like a drive was being read over and over. After five minutes of no display change I pushed the ignition to run and then back to off. I started the vehicle and it read the USB drive again to show it was up to the 13.38.52 firmware. I unplugged the USB drive, shut the car off and opened and close the driver's door. UConnect seems to be working. I let the electronics turn off completely and still hear a high-pitched repeating noise coming from the head unit like before. I am going to let the car sit for an hour and return to see if it is still doing it. I don't want this to run down the battery. I can't wait for this venture to turn into a service call at the dealership.
im wondering, if like 13.19, this update has stuff to help find bad units? Try loading it once more (cant hurt at this point)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 532
libby2cm is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post
same here. Odd , but that fixed it



im wondering, if like 13.19, this update has stuff to help find bad units? Try loading it once more (cant hurt at this point)
Also too, make sure you use a decent USB key.. I had a no name one laying around that I used BC I was too lazy to go find the imation key I usually use, and it failed. Used my good key and it was fine though..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
13.38.52, 8.4an, grand cherokee, navigation, ra4, ram, uconnect, update, viper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anything different about UConnect 8.4 radio RA3 and UConnect Access Via Mobile REDDIZE Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 3 07-03-2014 09:54 PM
uconnect Tommy Liu Audio/Visual/Navigation 1 10-04-2013 11:37 PM
Uconnect fitzgjr1 Audio/Visual/Navigation 6 08-02-2012 08:45 PM
Uconnect Wi-fi Jpeyatt Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 8 01-16-2012 10:35 AM
UConnect jerky Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 3 11-09-2010 11:07 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community