Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Audio/Visual/Navigation

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 10-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 861 Times in 470 Posts
Rep Power: 1927145
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: UConnect 8.4 - North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzairick View Post
Willx,

I read somewhere that the comfort settings for heated steering wheel and vented seats will be available only if one of this outside temperatures apply:


1.- Heated seat and steering wheel only come on at 40 degrees and below.

2.- Ventilated seat comes on at 80 degrees and higher.

Hope this is true and solves a lot of people's doubts.
You should be able to save the preference that turns the feature on. The temperatures you speak of would be how the vehicle responds when it is in excess of those temperatures
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 631
flashbang is on a distinguished road
Re: UConnect 8.4 - North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzairick View Post
Willx,

I read somewhere that the comfort settings for heated steering wheel and vented seats will be available only if one of this outside temperatures apply:


1.- Heated seat and steering wheel only come on at 40 degrees and below.

2.- Ventilated seat comes on at 80 degrees and higher.

Hope this is true and solves a lot of people's doubts.
This really makes no logical sense to me. When the jeep calls for heat and hot air comes out of the vents the heated seats and wheel should join the party. Same with the a/c coming on, the vented seats should join also.
Maybe when Chrysler gets their act together and fix the outside temp. module to read correctly the logic may change with the firmware.
__________________

__________________
2014 Overland 3.6L Pentastar V6
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-13-2013, 06:45 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 111
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 1831
azzolij has a reputation beyond reputeazzolij has a reputation beyond reputeazzolij has a reputation beyond reputeazzolij has a reputation beyond reputeazzolij has a reputation beyond reputeazzolij has a reputation beyond reputeazzolij has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 8.4 - North America

From page 351 of Version 5 of the Owners Manual:


Auto-On Driver Heated/Ventilated Seat & Steering
Wheel With Vehicle Start — If Equipped
When this feature is selected the driver’s heated seat and
heated steering wheel will automatically turn on when
temperatures are below 40° F (4.4° C). When temperatures
are above 80° F (26.7° C), the driver vented seat will
turn on. To make your selection, touch the Auto Heated
Seats soft-key, until a check-mark appears next to the
setting, showing that the setting has been selected. Touch
the back arrow soft-key to return to the previous menu.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-13-2013, 07:03 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 631
flashbang is on a distinguished road
Re: UConnect 8.4 - North America

These jeep engineers are like the us government. They know best not the people. Maybe version 6 for the people this time.
__________________
2014 Overland 3.6L Pentastar V6
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-13-2013, 07:21 PM
JC_0105's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 325
Thanks: 115
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 5827
JC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
I have attempted this update 3 times now and it fails each time at Embedded Air Card. I had successfully updated 2 previous releases without issue and I'm using the same USB so I don't think that is the cause. Guess I'll take it to the dealer tomorrow.

Does anyone know if I can do anything to get the unit out of this update loop? If not will the dealer have to replace the entire unit or is it something they can reset with the software?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-3467180571.jpg (340.0 KB, 27 views)
__________________
Past: '02 Laredo Sport v6 4x2 Graphite Metallic
Past: '05 Limited 5.7L 4x4 Black ~ Billstein Shocks ~ 32% tint
Current: '14 Summit HEMI 4x4 Black & Black
Job: IT Management
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 133
Thanks: 58
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 648
hotspur is on a distinguished road
Re: UConnect 8.4 - North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbang View Post
These jeep engineers are like the us government. They know best not the people. Maybe version 6 for the people this time.
Yeah, right...it's all the government's fault. Bleh.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-13-2013, 07:24 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 861 Times in 470 Posts
Rep Power: 1927145
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: UConnect 8.4 - North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_0105 View Post
I have attempted this update 3 times now and it fails each time at Embedded Air Card. I had successfully updated 2 previous releases without issue and I'm using the same USB so I don't think that is the cause. Guess I'll take it to the dealer tomorrow.

Does anyone know if I can do anything to get the unit out of this update loop? If not will the dealer have to replace the entire unit or is it something they can reset with the software?
Try Formatting the USB and extracting to it again. If not I would try another USB.

Did you receive the phone requires service message on a regular basis?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-13-2013, 07:30 PM
JC_0105's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 325
Thanks: 115
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 5827
JC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: UConnect 8.4 - North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post
Try Formatting the USB and extracting to it again. If not I would try another USB.

Did you receive the phone requires service message on a regular basis?
I'll try another USB now.

Yes I would get the phone service message randomly. Maybe 6 times a week it would pop-up when I am driving.
__________________
Past: '02 Laredo Sport v6 4x2 Graphite Metallic
Past: '05 Limited 5.7L 4x4 Black ~ Billstein Shocks ~ 32% tint
Current: '14 Summit HEMI 4x4 Black & Black
Job: IT Management
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 861 Times in 470 Posts
Rep Power: 1927145
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: UConnect 8.4 - North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_0105 View Post
I'll try another USB now.

Yes I would get the phone service message randomly. Maybe 6 times a week it would pop-up when I am driving.
Hmmm, that isn't as much as some people.... You could try doing a dealer menu factory reset but that will just allow you to try and install again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:41 AM
StaticFX's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 741
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 1308
StaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond reputeStaticFX has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 8.4 - North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbang View Post
This really makes no logical sense to me. When the jeep calls for heat and hot air comes out of the vents the heated seats and wheel should join the party. Same with the a/c coming on, the vented seats should join also.
Maybe when Chrysler gets their act together and fix the outside temp. module to read correctly the logic may change with the firmware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzolij View Post
From page 351 of Version 5 of the Owners Manual:


Auto-On Driver Heated/Ventilated Seat & Steering
Wheel With Vehicle Start — If Equipped
When this feature is selected the driver’s heated seat and
heated steering wheel will automatically turn on when
temperatures are below 40° F (4.4° C). When temperatures
are above 80° F (26.7° C), the driver vented seat will
turn on. To make your selection, touch the Auto Heated
Seats soft-key, until a check-mark appears next to the
setting, showing that the setting has been selected. Touch
the back arrow soft-key to return to the previous menu.
Just an FYI - the heated/vent seat will only come on during REMOTE start.. They wont just turn on otherwise without you pressing the buttons.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StaticFX For This Useful Post:
  #23  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:02 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 631
flashbang is on a distinguished road
Re: UConnect 8.4 - North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post
Just an FYI - the heated/vent seat will only come on during REMOTE start.. They wont just turn on otherwise without you pressing the buttons.
Yes, with the current setup the issue is when remote start is performed and the blower heat comes on, the heated seats/wheel does not, based solely with the blower heat coming on. The outside temp. must be below 40 degrees for the heated seats/wheel to come on with the blower heat. That makes for a pretty cold seat and steering wheel.
__________________
2014 Overland 3.6L Pentastar V6
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 111
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 1831
azzolij has a reputation beyond reputeazzolij has a reputation beyond reputeazzolij has a reputation beyond reputeazzolij has a reputation beyond reputeazzolij has a reputation beyond reputeazzolij has a reputation beyond reputeazzolij has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UConnect 8.4 - North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post
Just an FYI - the heated/vent seat will only come on during REMOTE start.. They wont just turn on otherwise without you pressing the buttons.

This was true with pre-2014 models. In 2014 selecting the option turns them on when the temperature meets the specified criteria. That's the way it works on my Limited with the Luxury II option whether you remote start or push the start button.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
uconnect

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supplier for "import parts" in North America? suzieque Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust 2 01-02-2013 01:36 PM
Jeep Grand Cherokee to get 3.0L diesel V6 in North America by 2013 Thrumcap Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee 7 04-18-2011 08:48 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.