Originally Posted by MacA488
I would like to preface this questions with... Sorry for for the ignorant "old-guy" questions....
I just got a 2015 Grand Cherokee and this whole Uconnect subscription vs. "no-subscrition-just-use-your-smartphone" is confusing to me for some reason (oh yea...old man!!).
- I have a very capable smartphone that can connect to my car with bluetooth.
- I use a Pandora app on my phone that my daughter set up for me (old man thing again!)
- I want hands-free and voice activated phone capabilities when driving
- I don't care enough about the Uconnect remote features to pay them $150/year, if my smartphone can do everything I want.
- Make voice-activated phone calls?
- Still "Listen" to texts and respond (voice? or other?)
- Acces my Pandora app through my phone?
- What are other limitations to my GC's system by me not subscribing to Uconnect?
Again, sorry for the ignorant questions. I have read a lot of previous posts here, but I can't seem to be able to get it to make sense to me. All replies will be greatly appreciated!
I believe these are the features included with Uconnect.
To your question regarding voice texting, I think Uconnect allows for "free form" texting whereas the 8.4A allows for only a submenu of pre-formatted responses. I think you will still receive a text message regardless of Uconnect. I could be wrong about this feature, but this is my understanding.
Roadside Assistance Call
Theft Alarm Notification
Stolen Vehicle Assistance
3G Wi-Fi Hotspot
SRT Performance Pages Plus
Remote Door Lock/Unlock
Remote Vehicle Start
Remote Horn & Lights
Send 'n Go (Available on select 2015 and 2016 Model Year vehicles only)
Vehicle Finder (Available on select 2015 and 2016 Model Year vehicles only)