Ran the update on my test vehicle. Very easy, there is a small delay as to when you put the USB key in to when the update verification happens.
The entire update process on an RA4 took 9 Minutes. I used the RA4 file I posted in the 1st post.
-Fixed the clock time (noticed this afterwards)
-definitely more responsive moving between screens
-Bluetooth audio is more responsive (song changes using steering wheel controls quicker)
-I did not see cover art working BUT I think my last Google Play Music update killed my cover art on my RAZR HD so I will try some other phones and post back on that.
Photos of the 3 major stages you see are below. ** Make sure you leave the stick in until the verification screen comes up again.
As a side note, I have done a very similar update on a 2013 Cadillac SRX via an SD Card.... It took nearly an hour and did not have the good feedback of the process such as the upgrade screens you see below.
I am REALLY impressed with how easy this was and how little time it took. The update Process for this UConnect is more user friendly than most of the devices I have worked with. Considering the total size of the update is about 1/2 gig once uncompressed, this works AMAZING.
Now if they can only fix the UConnect Website.... wishful thinking!