I have an interesting discovery that I wish to share but I am not really sure the causes etc, so try not to read into this too much but more from a "possibly this may fix your UConnect Problem" standpoint.
I borrowed a 2014 Summit Hemi with 8.4AN (RA4) to start doing some other testing including a hauling test later this weekend. As usual, I am trying all kinds of things you guys talk about here because this is yet another new Jeep (June week 1 build) and it came from the Factory with 13.19.0, so very current.
I was attempting to go to a client project and was using VR to tell the NAV where I wanted to go... I would press the VR button it would tell me it is "listening" and I would say "Enter Destination", it would not say "processing" and the "listening" message would go away. Sometimes it would time out and say canceled, sometimes it would just sit there like a dumb $h1t and not even flip back to my media. So here are the steps I went through below
1. Full stop, vehicle off, open door - restart
2. Disabled Paried Bluetooth Devices
3. Full Stop vehicle off and locked for over an hour - restart
4. Performed Microphone clarity tests with multiple 3rd parties via bluetooth connected (Ironically I am told I am loader and clearer in the Jeep than any other vehicle I drive by 2 different sources I talk to all of the time so ++ Jeep on this part)
None of these had any impact on the issues I had with VR, it did not understand or even acknowledge any of my requests for various applications. Before you make fun of any accent I may or may not have, I use this all the time in various Jeep and Dodge products and I have never had an issue with this.
In having to pull over and enter the address with my fingers
I noticed that the NAV seemed a little slower than normal. I will do further testing on this later but for now it is simply noted and may just have been my frustration at the time.
** The Fix **
As I have learned from others here after an upgrade, that certain minor issues were corrected after a reload. Now this may be because this is one of the rare times the system has to reload from a new state so it is possible this could have been fixed by a radio reset.
I will repeat though this is a FACTORY load of 13.19.0 so I find it really odd but I reloaded from my USB stick of 13.19.0 and guess what VR now works PERFECTLY. My initial impression of this is confusion as it seems a little unusual that this was not correct from factory however this may have been a post assembly or at facility upgrade on the radios due to known issues with past software revisions.
I have never received any warnings to service the radio or any indication that the initial load had an issue at all. During my reload it asked if I wanted to upgrade 13.19.0 to 13.19.0.
So from the start of my note here, this is basically nothing other than a long winded proof that IF you are experiencing an issue with an application on the radio that reloading the EXACT same software may correct the problem. This has been talked about a few times and I can say without a doubt that VR was not operation in my test vehicle and is now after a reload.
THX for reading the Willx Report