Re: '14 Laredo DIY: Front-lower-bumper-chrome insert
Hello all from Sydney, Australia.
Just wanted to let you all know i have just done this to my '14 Laredo and it looks great. I found, the easiest way to do it was by
1. Removing the Air Dam by undoing the 7 twist locks and pulling it slowly starting from the sides. (My car is only a couple of weeks old and these clips were incredibly tight, however once you get one it seems to be easier after that.
2. With the air dam off i took the whole piece inside (where i could remove everything on carpet so it wouldn't get scratched and i had better light seeing i was doing this @ 8pm.
3. Remove all the metal clips that are visible, the worst of them is at the bottom of the meshy insert bit as they pull out.
4.Gently (being the key word) tug on the plastic trims of both the insert and the mould being replace and get it all out.
5. Put in the new chrome piece ensuring all the clips line up correctly.
6. Put back in the insert making sure all the clips line up - take your time with this one, the new chrome doesn't flex like the plastic does so be gentle and you'll get there.
7.put all the metal clips back in and make sure its secure.
8.Place the Air Dam back onto the car, make sure all the clips line up and push them back in until they click.
9. Replace all the twist locks.
10. Clean and enjoy!
What i have found in my last 5 years being a Dodge & Jeep owner is when dealing with the cheap plastic that Chrysler & Jeep love so much the trick is to take your time.