Before I start this easy, yet annoying DIY post you must know that I have both muffler resonators removed
(straight pipe / muffler delete). This made the process a little easier for me due to space. Though I'm sure you will still be able to complete this following the directions below.
Here is what you need to order from VLEDs
- 1 Pair 3157 RED (which is the TURN & BRAKE light) - "V3_R-C" = $110
- 1 Pair 3 PIN 12 INCH BASE ADAPTER TO CONTROL BOX EXTENSION WIRE - "V3_EXT_12_3" = $10
- 1 Pair 2 PIN 12 INCH BULB EXTENSION WIRE - "V3_EXT_12_2" = $10
Total = $130
FYI: When buying the 3157 bulb, you can select from White, Amber and Red. IMO, you should choose RED because the taillight housing is red. If you go with white, the bulbs will look Pink. If you go with Amber, the brake/turn will look orange; which you may want. However, brakes are always RED so keep that in mind.
Here is what you need to INSTALL the VLEDs
1. A Flathead screw driver
2. A Philips screw driver (to install the vled bracket around the bulb)
3. 3M double sided tape (the strongest one)
4. Zip Ties (the long ones)
Putting the Bulbs Together (Follow this Video):
1. All we need to use are the M3-4-MS screws (the longer ones)
2. When screwing them in, place 2 screws next to each other. Then the other 2 screws directly across. You'll see how they match the stock halogen bulb.
3. Use the thickest rubber grommet to help seal the bulb
4. Keep the bulb "adjustment" all the way back. There's no need to push it forward. Make sure the vled back is screwed on tight.
5. DON'T FORGET TO ADD THE FUSE TO THE HARNESS
!!! OTHERWISE YOU'LL GET HYPERFLASHING. Fuse is included in the box.