Yes, you need to remove the entire bumper. The grille and the bumper interlock so it has to be removed.
1) drill out the pop rivets in the wheel well (two each side)
2) remove the push pins underneath (7 I think)
3) remove the bolts from underneath (3 or 4 if I remember)
4) start at one side and gently pop the bumper off working around - a very small flat-head screwdriver may be need to help pry the tabs loose.
5) you will need to get new plastic rivets for the reinstall in the wheel wells. I couldn't find any locally so I bought plastic Screw Rivets instead of Pop Rivets, they will do for now but are not as secure.
I have some general overall pics in my thread http://www.jeepgarage.org/newreply.p...treply&t=24137
TIP FOR FUTURE THREADS - give it a title. I almost glossed over this thread because I wasn't sure what it was. That means many others may have skipped it as well.