RRO Winch Bumper - Brush Bar Combo Kit - Page 3 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Tech Tips/DIY/How To

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #25  
Old 04-14-2015, 04:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 721
WilliamS is on a distinguished road
Re: RRO Winch Bumper - Brush Bar Combo Kit

I know its old but did you get the cruise working properly. I have air ride and adaptive cruise so I know I will run into the same issue.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #26  
Old 04-14-2015, 04:45 PM
JMessick82's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: So Cal (OC & SD)
Posts: 191
Thanks: 32
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 14283
JMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamS View Post
I know its old but did you get the cruise working properly. I have air ride and adaptive cruise so I know I will run into the same issue.
I think Zybane is still deployed so it make take him a bit to respond but I did alot of the same mods. Mine is working and I use it alot but every once in a while I get the wipe sensor warning and it stops working for a minute or two but the comes back on. It seems to happen more when I accelerate real fast (ie., hold the pedal all the way down when getting on the freeway). I haven't taken it to the dealer yet to see if they can/will adjust it or anything. The other issue I have is that sometimes when i go under a large sign the FCW system will triger and beep and say to brake for a second (it has never actually applied the brakes though). Oh, also both Zybane and I have the prerunner from RRO installed (with different solutions on how to modify it or the eye so it can still see with the prerunner there) so if you aren't doing the prerunner, you may not have as many issues. I hope this helps!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-14-2015, 05:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 67
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 1171
cheneymatthews is on a distinguished road
Re: RRO Winch Bumper - Brush Bar Combo Kit

It works 95% of the time. But definitely still have the FCW inactive alert that comes on periodically. I think the key is grinding slots in the housing so you can move the sensor forward... I'm think it's just slightly too recessed which is causing the issue.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-25-2015, 11:53 PM
Dezl-Pwr's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: At the foot of Pikes Peak
Posts: 8
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Rep Power: 666
Dezl-Pwr is on a distinguished road
Re: RRO Winch Bumper - Brush Bar Combo Kit

Installed the RRO brush bar and some lights last weekend. The guys at RRO were good to work with. They shipped the brush bar raw so I could powder coat it white. They were a week behind schedule shipping but it was during Easter Jeep Safari so I wasn't too surprised. The install instructions were reasonable (nobody has great instructions that's why its DIY) and considering I also removed my tow hooks and installed a Blue Ox base plate so I can flat tow it behind the motorhome, the whole install wasn't too bad. Did have to get creative in a few places (thank you Sawzall) but all in all it was pretty smooth and happy with the results.



Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-26-2015, 01:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 721
WilliamS is on a distinguished road
Re: RRO Winch Bumper - Brush Bar Combo Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMessick82 View Post
I think Zybane is still deployed so it make take him a bit to respond but I did alot of the same mods. Mine is working and I use it alot but every once in a while I get the wipe sensor warning and it stops working for a minute or two but the comes back on. It seems to happen more when I accelerate real fast (ie., hold the pedal all the way down when getting on the freeway). I haven't taken it to the dealer yet to see if they can/will adjust it or anything. The other issue I have is that sometimes when i go under a large sign the FCW system will triger and beep and say to brake for a second (it has never actually applied the brakes though). Oh, also both Zybane and I have the prerunner from RRO installed (with different solutions on how to modify it or the eye so it can still see with the prerunner there) so if you aren't doing the prerunner, you may not have as many issues. I hope this helps!

DO you have a thread to show what you changed. The main reason I went overland was for the adaptive cruise, so that not functioning will not work for me. I see most are ok with it. Im steering to the bumper bar kit so I might be ok but I do not like to spend money and hope. Im sure you understand. Thank you for the reply's!

http://www.rocky-road.com/media/wk2-new-brush-bar.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-27-2015, 11:46 AM
JMessick82's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: So Cal (OC & SD)
Posts: 191
Thanks: 32
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 14283
JMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: RRO Winch Bumper - Brush Bar Combo Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamS View Post
DO you have a thread to show what you changed. The main reason I went overland was for the adaptive cruise, so that not functioning will not work for me. I see most are ok with it. Im steering to the bumper bar kit so I might be ok but I do not like to spend money and hope. Im sure you understand. Thank you for the reply's!

http://www.rocky-road.com/media/wk2-new-brush-bar.jpg
Yeah, here is my build thread:

Jeff's "Black Widow" Build

Again, it does work...it's just that every once in a while (If I had to put a time frame to it I would say like once every 4 hours of driving) it will shut off for 1-2 minutes and then come right back on.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-27-2015, 11:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 721
WilliamS is on a distinguished road
Re: RRO Winch Bumper - Brush Bar Combo Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMessick82 View Post
Yeah, here is my build thread:

Jeff's "Black Widow" Build

Again, it does work...it's just that every once in a while (If I had to put a time frame to it I would say like once every 4 hours of driving) it will shut off for 1-2 minutes and then come right back on.
Thats acceptable to me! Thank you very much for the info. Makes that purchase a lot easier.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-01-2015, 10:40 AM
NetworkTV's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 833
Thanks: 3
Thanked 191 Times in 144 Posts
Rep Power: 6977
NetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RRO Winch Bumper - Brush Bar Combo Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheneymatthews View Post
Can I get someone to take some photos of how their ACC sensor is positioned? I'm thinking RRO didn't drill the holes forward enough, or drilled holes rather than slots where we can adjust the back and forth positioning.

Might have to cut a slot into the winch plate? Thanks RRO!




Attachment 48644Attachment 48645Attachment 48646Attachment 48647Attachment 48648


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
I'm wondering if you're getting reflections off the chrome piece below the sensor...
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Peoples Republic of NJ
Posts: 432
Thanks: 10
Thanked 46 Times in 40 Posts
Rep Power: 267942
FreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: RRO Winch Bumper - Brush Bar Combo Kit

No winch or sensors to worry about on mine. Install wasn't bad at all, instructions were ok, I guess, not very detailed. I just needed a place to mount my light bar, this should work out nicely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bar.jpg (86.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg front.jpg (99.6 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg clean.jpg (86.2 KB, 46 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RRO Winch Bull Bar for ACC equiped WK2's on their site!!!!! lysol Interior/Exterior/Visual 1 09-29-2016 08:04 PM
RRO bumper bar/brush bar FreeJersey Interior/Exterior/Visual 11 10-16-2014 11:30 AM
Anyone have a Brush Guard, Bull Bar or Light Bar? BHHJEEP Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 19 03-11-2013 12:17 PM
To brush guard, or not to brush guard? That is my question! mikev927 Interior/Exterior/Visual 11 03-07-2013 01:17 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.