Originally Posted by Husker4theSpurs
Went to check out the Infiniti JX or whatever they're calling it next year (QX60). Add another to the list ... VERY nice inside and out. Coming out with a hybrid in the next few months that obtains 26mpg combined supposedly. Compared to the Acura MDX it felt more SUV like and drove more like it as well. The CVT doesn't do it any favors in terms of get up and go. Too many choices ... I liked it better when we were just dead set on the EcoDiesel.
You can check out a Toyota Highlander Hybrid as well. A bit bigger then the MDX, but 28/28 MPG and a fair bit less pricey (I think around the $50k marker if I recall from my test spin).
I'm not a fan of the looks on the Highlander myself though.
I'm still eyeballing the Ford Explorer Sport, though, as of recently, the 2014 Durango has caught my eye.
The downsides of each:
- Crap for getting out of the back doors
- LOW ground clearance
- Slightly invasive tire slap at speed
- Felt like I was wrestling a drunken fat man into parking spots
- Looks, they are just... meh.
- HAVE to get the V8 to get "low range" (major issue for me)
- No tow hooks
- Price, bang for buck, it's hard to beat.
- The engine is tear your face off impressive (especially at altitude with those twin turbos).
- Really liked the EVIC Ford has (two smaller screens as opposed to one bigger one).
- Great seating in the back, especially with the passenger side 2nd row seat being able to roll forward.
- Decent fuel econ for something with that much power(16/22 with 365HP and 350ftlb of torque)
- Nice back seat for grownups
- Great ride (almost as quiet as the JC and fairly smooth)
I may hold out for the EcoDiesel, if only while I wait for the Grand Wagoneer (which I suspect will be the perfect combo of offroad goodness, 7 passenger seating, fuel econ/towing capability, and luxury I'm looking for).
I suspect the resale/value retention on the EcoDiesel will smoke both the Ford and the Dodge.
We'll see... we have until August (HOPEFULLY) to decide if we are ordering a Durango or a EcoDiesel.