Difference in SRT build quality? - Page 2 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 > WK2 SRT General Discussion > General Discussion

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 08-05-2015, 07:25 PM
JTS97Z28's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 3,762
Thanks: 84
Thanked 601 Times in 442 Posts
Rep Power: 28559
JTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Difference in SRT build quality?

Even though the SRT is a special vehicle and not your everyday Grand Cherokee, the fact of the matter is that's it's really just another mass produced Grand Cherokee. Like I said before even though I have no proof and certainly don't work at the plant, I bet it's just another Grand Cherokee going down the assembly line. It probably gets no additional special treatment compared to other vehicles.
Just because it's a $75,000 vehicle doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be perfect. You would be surprised how many vehicles cost that much money these days. I'm not saying a defective vehicle is acceptable by any means, or that you shouldn't expect it to be perfect, but like any mass produced vehicle there will be a couple issues here and there. For the most part the current Grand Cherokee is a very well built vehicle. If you receive one and there is an issue either mess with it yourself and bring it into the service department. Easy as that :-)

__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, Bright White, V6, HK audio
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14  
Old 08-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Jsboening's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Rockford, MI
Posts: 934
Thanks: 121
Thanked 202 Times in 164 Posts
Rep Power: 2303
Jsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Difference in SRT build quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
Even though the SRT is a special vehicle and not your everyday Grand Cherokee, the fact of the matter is that's it's really just another mass produced Grand Cherokee. Like I said before even though I have no proof and certainly don't work at the plant, I bet it's just another Grand Cherokee going down the assembly line. It probably gets no additional special treatment compared to other vehicles.
Just because it's a $75,000 vehicle doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be perfect. You would be surprised how many vehicles cost that much money these days. I'm not saying a defective vehicle is acceptable by any means, or that you shouldn't expect it to be perfect, but like any mass produced vehicle there will be a couple issues here and there. For the most part the current Grand Cherokee is a very well built vehicle. If you receive one and there is an issue either mess with it yourself and bring it into the service department. Easy as that :-)

Agreed. Well said.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: bartlett,il
Posts: 133
Thanks: 14
Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 733
hemirt is on a distinguished road
Re: Difference in SRT build quality?

when i took mine in for the exhaust rattle, the service writer said that for 75000 it should sing to me and not rattle, and they continue to give me great service after 7 years of going to them
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-14-2015, 03:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 172
Thanks: 121
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 677
rg171352 is on a distinguished road
Re: Difference in SRT build quality?

Thank you for all of your help and input!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-14-2015, 08:57 PM
Robert Palmer's Avatar
Rock N' Roll's Sophisticate/JG Co-Founder


My Jeep: 2016 6.2L sc SRT8
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Downtown Manhattan
Posts: 10,651
Thanks: 14
Thanked 170 Times in 114 Posts
Rep Power: 184641
Robert Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeRobert Palmer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Difference in SRT build quality?

Nope the build quality is the same for the SRT's. We are nothing special. haaha

And yes my front trim had to get realigned. Looked like shit. Like I understand that shit happens but it happens a lot and when I bought my 2015 the 2 other SRT's that they had on the lot had the front wheel arch trim misaligned.

I still like my Jeep though haha
__________________
-Joe-

2016 B5 Blue Hellcat Charger

SOLD: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
SOLD: 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
SOLD: 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-14-2015, 10:41 PM
08Hemi's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 4,947
Thanks: 140
Thanked 163 Times in 139 Posts
Rep Power: 368860
08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Difference in SRT build quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Palmer View Post
Nope the build quality is the same for the SRT's. We are nothing special. haaha

And yes my front trim had to get realigned. Looked like shit. Like I understand that shit happens but it happens a lot and when I bought my 2015 the 2 other SRT's that they had on the lot had the front wheel arch trim misaligned.

I still like my Jeep though haha
Same here...had 3 fender flares replaced and now the rotor recall...but I am so happy when I drive it I could care less. Jeep stands behind their products, and imo I am getting much better service with my 14 SRT than I did with my 08 Limited...so I am going to get everything "fixed" before the B2B runs out then hopefully the max care will be all I need
__________________


2014 WK2 SRT aka "Jack" aFe Pro Dry-S, Corsa Cat-back, BT Goodies, Full LED's, Tint and mostly blacked-out
2008 WK 5.7L Limited aka "Jill" (Sold)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 08Hemi For This Useful Post:
  #19  
Old 08-15-2015, 12:02 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 420
Thanks: 16
Thanked 73 Times in 59 Posts
Rep Power: 1197
rlarsen462 is on a distinguished road
Re: Difference in SRT build quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Hemi View Post
Same here...had 3 fender flares replaced and now the rotor recall...but I am so happy when I drive it I could care less. Jeep stands behind their products, and imo I am getting much better service with my 14 SRT than I did with my 08 Limited...so I am going to get everything "fixed" before the B2B runs out then hopefully the max care will be all I need
That's pretty much my philosophy at this point...my first one had to go back to FCA because the clunking transmission was just not getting fixed despite all the parts-throwing. It had pretty solid fitment all around though otherwise.

Red Vapor I got to replace it doesn't clunk, and it shifts pretty well otherwise most days, whether commuting or hammering on it. Fit and finish on this one has been pretty rough though, several pretty bad spots in the paint, really misaligned trim/panels/flares, etc. I've had a lot of it fixed or fixed it myself and the rest I'll just live with until just before the B2B runs out. Interior's been essentially flawless too.

At some point you just have to drive the thing. Everybody's level of sensitivity is different too, my wife would literally never notice a single one of the issues that I've fixed, or even the original tranny issues on the one that got bought back...so I'm not sure saying that we're behaving like women is entirely accurate.

Also the manly exhaust that I bought 2.5 months ago and finally arrived was packaged like Ace Ventura and the tips (ceramic coated) are scraped all to hell...guess I'll find out what they're going to do about it on Monday.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rlarsen462 For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 08-15-2015, 12:36 AM
08Hemi's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 4,947
Thanks: 140
Thanked 163 Times in 139 Posts
Rep Power: 368860
08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Difference in SRT build quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlarsen462 View Post
That's pretty much my philosophy at this point...my first one had to go back to FCA because the clunking transmission was just not getting fixed despite all the parts-throwing. It had pretty solid fitment all around though otherwise.

Red Vapor I got to replace it doesn't clunk, and it shifts pretty well otherwise most days, whether commuting or hammering on it. Fit and finish on this one has been pretty rough though, several pretty bad spots in the paint, really misaligned trim/panels/flares, etc. I've had a lot of it fixed or fixed it myself and the rest I'll just live with until just before the B2B runs out. Interior's been essentially flawless too.

At some point you just have to drive the thing. Everybody's level of sensitivity is different too, my wife would literally never notice a single one of the issues that I've fixed, or even the original tranny issues on the one that got bought back...so I'm not sure saying that we're behaving like women is entirely accurate.

Also the manly exhaust that I bought 2.5 months ago and finally arrived was packaged like Ace Ventura and the tips (ceramic coated) are scraped all to hell...guess I'll find out what they're going to do about it on Monday.
That is a great approach to have...and yes it is that time of the month just gotta enjoy!!!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-17-2015, 11:03 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
apicerne is on a distinguished road
Re: Difference in SRT build quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsboening View Post
When I said "all" I meant across the trim lines. Not every single GC coming off the line. Of the two SRT's I've own they have both needed trim alignment. Another SRT I looked at when I was going through the buy back process was so bad I wrote down the VIN# off the window sticker to make sure I didn't get that one. No they aren't all like that, but there's a heck of a lot of them that do.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

I totally agree with you. I have had a 2008 srt8 and now driving 2012 srt8. I did find that newer one has more trim problems then my old one did. Performance wise it is great but they could improve on some of the cosmetics. I also had 2003 GC and that one was awesome without any problems to my recollection.

Hope this helps
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
build, SRT

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 build quality Jayhawkeye3 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 31 08-15-2014 05:15 PM
Interior Build Quality Schweibs Interior/Exterior/Visual 27 04-01-2012 07:25 PM
Build quality, construction and reliability of new generation WK2 TaxiDriver Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 16 10-19-2011 07:30 AM
Difference between standard SRT-8 and SRT8 Hennesey Matteo Grand Cherokee SRT8 - WK 40 07-20-2010 02:05 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.