Bluetooth poor audio quality - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 > WK2 SRT General Discussion > Audio/Video/Navigation/Alarms

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 03-21-2015, 10:00 AM
JackJones's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 907
JackJones is on a distinguished road
Bluetooth poor audio quality

I have had my 2015 SRT for 4 months now...and Uconnect has always been flawless in terms of audio quality over Bluetooth on calls.

Recently, people have been complaining about a lot of noise and very low volume. I am using a Samsung Note 4.

This started last week, after I installed a Whipple S/C and we had to swap out the ECU for a 2014, because there's no unlock for the 2015's just yet.

All my Uconnect settings remained as they were prior to the swap and I can't see that having anything to do with the Uconnect in any case, but I could be wrong.

I tried an iPHONE in there and it has the same issue; lots of background noise at speeds with low speaking volume. I have deleted and re-paired the phone, with no success. There are no adjustments in the Uconnect that I can see.

The speed sensitive volume for audio still works fine, and never lost its setting so I doubt the ECU swap caused the issue. There are no adjustments on the phone either.

Any thoughts?

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 03-21-2015, 08:29 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 80
Thanks: 17
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 992
casefresh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJones View Post
I have had my 2015 SRT for 4 months now...and Uconnect has always been flawless in terms of audio quality over Bluetooth on calls.

Recently, people have been complaining about a lot of noise and very low volume. I am using a Samsung Note 4.

This started last week, after I installed a Whipple S/C and we had to swap out the ECU for a 2014, because there's no unlock for the 2015's just yet.

All my Uconnect settings remained as they were prior to the swap and I can't see that having anything to do with the Uconnect in any case, but I could be wrong.

I tried an iPHONE in there and it has the same issue; lots of background noise at speeds with low speaking volume. I have deleted and re-paired the phone, with no success. There are no adjustments in the Uconnect that I can see.

The speed sensitive volume for audio still works fine, and never lost its setting so I doubt the ECU swap caused the issue. There are no adjustments on the phone either.

Any thoughts?
Are using bluetooth audio at the time of receiving call or a have a smart watch? I have had this issue when there was multiple bluetooth streams going on like having your phone paired to a smart watch and your uconnect at same time.

Maybe also do a hard reset on your note 4.
__________________
Current Jeep:


-2015 Jeep SRT Billet Silver


Past Jeeps:
-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (White)
-2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (Silver)
-2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 (Black)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-21-2015, 10:32 PM
JackJones's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 907
JackJones is on a distinguished road
Re: Bluetooth poor audio quality

Nope, and it always worked perfectly, until the blower was installed. I did a hard reset on the N4, and that did nothing. The Bluetooth on the N4 isn't the issue, as it works fine with other BT devices. There are no smart watches near me - or other BT devices either.

There are other oddities since the blower was installed, like the tranny moving into Sport mode by itself, while the dial indicates Auto mode, (Dash indicates Sport mode) and the tranny getting stuck in 7th...all sorts of stupid little anomalies. And then there's the heating system moving out of Auto temp mode on it's own as well. I'm starting to think there's some link between the 2014 ECM installed in this truck and my issues. LOL
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 03-21-2015, 10:36 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 80
Thanks: 17
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 992
casefresh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJones View Post
Nope, and it always worked perfectly, until the blower was installed. I did a hard reset on the N4, and that did nothing. The Bluetooth on the N4 isn't the issue, as it works fine with other BT devices. There are no smart watches near me - or other BT devices either.

There are other oddities since the blower was installed, like the tranny moving into Sport mode by itself, while the dial indicates Auto mode, (Dash indicates Sport mode) and the tranny getting stuck in 7th...all sorts of stupid little anomalies. And then there's the heating system moving out of Auto temp mode on it's own as well. I'm starting to think there's some link between the 2014 ECM installed in this truck and my issues. LOL
Gotta say yes on the ecm. Unless the blower gives of a weird frequency or something electrically. I know my bkuetooth mouse goes wonky when the wife runs the microwave.
__________________
Current Jeep:


-2015 Jeep SRT Billet Silver


Past Jeeps:
-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (White)
-2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (Silver)
-2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 (Black)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-27-2015, 07:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 65
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 961
SRT6.4 is on a distinguished road
Re: Bluetooth poor audio quality

I have the same issue on my 2015 with people not being able to hear me clearly over Bluetooth with my iPhone 6. It was working properly when I got the truck but now the quality sucks on the other end. There was a u-connect update released on 3/26/15 - maybe this will fix it...


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-27-2015, 08:33 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 80
Thanks: 17
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 992
casefresh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT6.4 View Post
I have the same issue on my 2015 with people not being able to hear me clearly over Bluetooth with my iPhone 6. It was working properly when I got the truck but now the quality sucks on the other end. There was a u-connect update released on 3/26/15 - maybe this will fix it...

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
If all else fails, maybe pull the fuse for the Uconnect, put fuse back in and then try phone bluetooth quality out.
__________________
Current Jeep:


-2015 Jeep SRT Billet Silver


Past Jeeps:
-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (White)
-2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (Silver)
-2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 (Black)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-29-2015, 02:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 9
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1098
JaySpeed is on a distinguished road
Re: Bluetooth poor audio quality

I have all kind of issues with my BT on my MY14 SRT. Sometimes it doesn't recognize my phone and it just says iphone connected and no Jason's Iphone, so i cannot make any calls, it will just all of a sudden disconnect itself during a call and then reconnect it's self sometimes, or i have to select it and connect it manually. I am too the point now i am going to request a new one on my next oil change. I am not impressed with the over quality of my SRT compared to price at all. Their are many rides on the market i could have gotten this kind of cash.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poor sound quality with phone flaverdiere Audio/Visual/Navigation 2 04-14-2013 11:24 AM
Poor deer, poor Jeep, poor air suspension module some nitwit put in the bumper avalys Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 12 12-12-2012 08:18 AM
Rear view camera poor quality Spmmorrow Audio/Video/Navigation/Alarms 9 11-16-2012 10:40 PM
430n low quality bluetooth streaming wmansour510 Audio/Visual/Navigation 10 03-21-2012 04:41 PM
2011 Overland 430N bluetooth audio streaming very poor THEPRFCT10 Audio/Visual/Navigation 6 03-07-2012 07:44 AM

» Premium Vendor Showcase
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.