Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 > WK2 SRT General Discussion > WK2 SRT Showoff

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 04-08-2014, 01:04 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 184
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 491
JeffL is on a distinguished road
2013 Alpine Edition build thread

Let see if I can put this together.

I bought a new 2006 WK1 SRT8 right when they first came out. Loved it probably one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. Down side was the interior. Got tired of it traded it for a 335 then an M5 when the 335 sucked, which didn't take long.

anyway on to the WK2 found a 2013 Alpine Edition sitting at a local Ford dealer it was 1 year old almost to the day and had 3800 miles on it. Owner traded for a new Shelby convertible. price was too good to pass up.

at the dealer:


brought her home October 30th 2013:


first mod was the same as my 06, HEMI orange engine covers:


clear bra on the bumper and head lights and front 2 windows tinted. legal Mass tint.



Then it was a very long cold winter.

I'm very lucky a very very good friend of mine owns a body shop we spend many a nights getting drunk and screwing with our cars. So as spring sets in we drink more and mod more.

tinted taillights:


the brake calipers were the result of a bunch of beers and being like why not this turned into a very long night.

prep work

color is industrial waste green


Finally last weekend we were able to do mid level springs and control arms from Black Ops. Amazing quality products too bad you'll never see these things.



as she sat with stock wheels after the drop



Finally was able to source some lug nuts and mount my Concavos last night. Again all from Black Ops. Tires are Vreds 305/35s.





really haven't driven it much need to get an alignment but it drives straight and the streering wheel is straight. No ABS lights or anything which is suprising considering how much of a PITA the front springs were.

Next up is blacking out the window trim, probably Friday night over some beers.
__________________

__________________
2013 Jeep SRT8
Alpine Edition
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Black Ops Auto Works's Avatar
Premium Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 1,252
Thanks: 27
Thanked 66 Times in 45 Posts
Rep Power: 292064
Black Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Alpine Edition build thread


Perfect!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 49,235
Thanks: 866
Thanked 973 Times in 688 Posts
Rep Power: 7717870
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2013 Alpine Edition build thread

maybe a blacktops lip to finish it off? Looks amazing as is though
__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED\BlackOps CFR Edition" 1 of 1
2013 JKU Wrangler 10A-stormtrooper'ed, JW Speaker and more!
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-08-2014, 02:58 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 184
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 491
JeffL is on a distinguished road
Re: 2013 Alpine Edition build thread

yeah I really want the lip. painted gloss black would be perfect. my mod money is just a little dry right now.
__________________
2013 Jeep SRT8
Alpine Edition
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 49,235
Thanks: 866
Thanked 973 Times in 688 Posts
Rep Power: 7717870
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
I hear ya thanks to uncle sam...lol
__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED\BlackOps CFR Edition" 1 of 1
2013 JKU Wrangler 10A-stormtrooper'ed, JW Speaker and more!
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-09-2014, 07:27 AM
johnpassantino1's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 124
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 1156
johnpassantino1 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2013 Alpine Edition build thread

Love it! The green calipers are a great touch and the drop looks great. I think I'm going to look into the mid level drop with Black Ops control arms and end links this summer. Congrats!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Black Ops Auto Works's Avatar
Premium Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 1,252
Thanks: 27
Thanked 66 Times in 45 Posts
Rep Power: 292064
Black Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Alpine Edition build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffL View Post
yeah I really want the lip. painted gloss black would be perfect. my mod money is just a little dry right now.
I have one here swing by and I'll throw it on for ya
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 184
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 491
JeffL is on a distinguished road
Re: 2013 Alpine Edition build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ops Auto Works View Post
I have one here swing by and I'll throw it on for ya

can be there in probably 30min from work. it's a nice enough day happy to leave this second.
__________________
2013 Jeep SRT8
Alpine Edition
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Black Ops Auto Works's Avatar
Premium Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 1,252
Thanks: 27
Thanked 66 Times in 45 Posts
Rep Power: 292064
Black Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Alpine Edition build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffL View Post
can be there in probably 30min from work. it's a nice enough day happy to leave this second.
Call
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-09-2014, 11:52 AM
Chicago_Style's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 867
Thanks: 6
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 1160
Chicago_Style is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffL View Post
Let see if I can put this together. I bought a new 2006 WK1 SRT8 right when they first came out. Loved it probably one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. Down side was the interior. Got tired of it traded it for a 335 then an M5 when the 335 sucked, which didn't take long. anyway on to the WK2 found a 2013 Alpine Edition sitting at a local Ford dealer it was 1 year old almost to the day and had 3800 miles on it. Owner traded for a new Shelby convertible. price was too good to pass up. at the dealer: brought her home October 30th 2013: first mod was the same as my 06, HEMI orange engine covers: clear bra on the bumper and head lights and front 2 windows tinted. legal Mass tint. Then it was a very long cold winter. I'm very lucky a very very good friend of mine owns a body shop we spend many a nights getting drunk and screwing with our cars. So as spring sets in we drink more and mod more. tinted taillights: the brake calipers were the result of a bunch of beers and being like why not this turned into a very long night. prep work color is industrial waste green Finally last weekend we were able to do mid level springs and control arms from Black Ops. Amazing quality products too bad you'll never see these things. as she sat with stock wheels after the drop Finally was able to source some lug nuts and mount my Concavos last night. Again all from Black Ops. Tires are Vreds 305/35s. really haven't driven it much need to get an alignment but it drives straight and the streering wheel is straight. No ABS lights or anything which is suprising considering how much of a PITA the front springs were. Next up is blacking out the window trim, probably Friday night over some beers.
Talk to Nate Dawg to make you a slime green SRT8 emblem on the back
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-10-2014, 06:40 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 184
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 491
JeffL is on a distinguished road
Re: 2013 Alpine Edition build thread

quick update. met the legend himself the other day, Chad from Black Ops and picked up a front lip. He even installed it for me. Hell of a guy. Nice meeting you bud.



probably leaving it CF for now after i destroy it or get bored some night will come up with a paint scheme.
__________________
2013 Jeep SRT8
Alpine Edition
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-10-2014, 09:01 PM
Nycsrt2008's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 224
Thanks: 10
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 558179
Nycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNycsrt2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2013 Alpine Edition build thread

Now that's bad ass. Looks real good just need to paint the lower Chrome rings black
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2013, build

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just picked up a 2013 Alpine Edition MTalpine Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 16 01-05-2013 08:26 AM
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT/8 Alpine Edition around course at Grand Prix of Baltimore Yaccster Showoff 0 09-11-2012 08:41 AM
The creation of the Alpine Mountian Edition mayor bloom Grand Cherokee - WK 25 09-09-2011 03:08 AM
WJ Stealthbox with Alpine Type R and Alpine PDX-1.600 bill38jeep Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 7 11-16-2010 06:08 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community