Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 > WK2 SRT General Discussion > WK2 SRT Showoff

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 03-21-2014, 05:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 825
ACEofSRT is on a distinguished road
45 SRT jeeps assemble

Note: I posted this in the video section, but I think that since it has more writing than video time that it should be better posted here, so I don't know if the mod can delete or move the other one, thank you


So I get a call from western motors jeep dealership asking me if I would like to take part in the regions first jeep srt only drag race competition, and that the number of jeeps they're looking for is limited to 45, yes please I said, and reserved me a spot and was also given a a srt cap and polo shirt as you would see most of the racers wearing. We gathered at the dealership and then drove in one straight line made of nearly 40 jeeps terrorizing the highway and every way really, ok some acted as aholes for not letting other cars get in the same lane, but who would you let mess the formation up right? It was like a SRT train, I could still here the tunnels echoing with the sweet sound of all them hemis rumbling through.
We get to the track, got briefed and then went to do a couple of qualifying runs then according to the times the computer will print out who goes against who. Some mean jeeps showed up that ran low tens, but they didn't stick around for the finals, some were asked to leave for not sticking with the rules and some had problems and withdrew. My best run which I didn't expect in that weather was 12.86, which no other mildly modified jeep wether wk1 nor wk2 was even close to, none even ran a 13.00 which I think I can now claim the fastest stock jeep srt in the country lol.
I was glad I made it to the 1/4 finals when I beat a wk1 that the owner of followed me to ask what I had done to my jeep, I said well I got my own custom CAI, my own custom catback and a tune, he kept quiet for a while and then said: man I got sh1t load of stuff done to mine, headers, CAI, dyno tune, full exhaust without cats (or maybe highflow ones) and on and on, then he said: man you caught me by surprise, I thought I had you no problem. But to be fare to him I told him that his jeep was the only competition I got for any other jeep ever since I got mine two years ago, this run I made a 12.9 while he did 13.1, he even had a better reaction time, but before we were half way through first gear I took the lead and stayed there, so I guess wk2s are not slower than the wk1s, at least mine isn't. But after that run I was kicked out the competition by a blown wk1 lol which then was "blown" by a stroked turbo charged wk1. Funny thing is that second place goes to a stock wk2 owned by a Swedish guy who I met there and he kept advancing through the ranks due to some jeeps being disqualified, and in the finals the jeep he went against broke down just before the finish line lol.
On my way to the track, temps reached 95 late afternoon, but later in the evening had a nice breeze which allowed our jeeps to cool down a bit before the race.

So here's a video of the event which I was waiting for, you think that with a few minutes of video that I would be able to see myself, nope, just for a couple of tenths of a second a couple of times, in 0:22 that's my jeep being zoomed in at showing my engine bay which I should've cleaned, then again at 0:42 and then my jeep in the track at the right lane (silver wk2) at 2:16 next to a turbo charged wk2 that belongs to my friend from that city, but unfortunately he was having problems with his tune and was only able to pull a 12.6 something, but nothing that can't be fixed at least. He told me he ran a 12.2 on the EVIC on 5 or 6 lbs of boost.
Yea I know, I don't have a camera and my phone died on me so I wasn't able too shoot anything, but will be posting every time some video surfaces guys.
Wasn't happy that this video doesn't show full runs let alone the best ones, but its a promotional video.
It was indeed a mopar family gathering more than just a race, people from different nationalities were there with their jeeps met and got to know each other and had a great time, I for sure am one who did. Now that this event was a success it could be for all SRT models next year!

Enjoy


http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=_JAFHSYITpU



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-21-2014, 07:42 AM
Chicago_Style's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 810
Thanks: 4
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 1075
Chicago_Style is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEofSRT View Post
Note: I posted this in the video section, but I think that since it has more writing than video time that it should be better posted here, so I don't know if the mod can delete or move the other one, thank you So I get a call from western motors jeep dealership asking me if I would like to take part in the regions first jeep srt only drag race competition, and that the number of jeeps they're looking for is limited to 45, yes please I said, and reserved me a spot and was also given a a srt cap and polo shirt as you would see most of the racers wearing. We gathered at the dealership and then drove in one straight line made of nearly 40 jeeps terrorizing the highway and every way really, ok some acted as aholes for not letting other cars get in the same lane, but who would you let mess the formation up right? It was like a SRT train, I could still here the tunnels echoing with the sweet sound of all them hemis rumbling through. We get to the track, got briefed and then went to do a couple of qualifying runs then according to the times the computer will print out who goes against who. Some mean jeeps showed up that ran low tens, but they didn't stick around for the finals, some were asked to leave for not sticking with the rules and some had problems and withdrew. My best run which I didn't expect in that weather was 12.86, which no other mildly modified jeep wether wk1 nor wk2 was even close to, none even ran a 13.00 which I think I can now claim the fastest stock jeep srt in the country lol. I was glad I made it to the 1/4 finals when I beat a wk1 that the owner of followed me to ask what I had done to my jeep, I said well I got my own custom CAI, my own custom catback and a tune, he kept quiet for a while and then said: man I got sh1t load of stuff done to mine, headers, CAI, dyno tune, full exhaust without cats (or maybe highflow ones) and on and on, then he said: man you caught me by surprise, I thought I had you no problem. But to be fare to him I told him that his jeep was the only competition I got for any other jeep ever since I got mine two years ago, this run I made a 12.9 while he did 13.1, he even had a better reaction time, but before we were half way through first gear I took the lead and stayed there, so I guess wk2s are not slower than the wk1s, at least mine isn't. But after that run I was kicked out the competition by a blown wk1 lol which then was "blown" by a stroked turbo charged wk1. Funny thing is that second place goes to a stock wk2 owned by a Swedish guy who I met there and he kept advancing through the ranks due to some jeeps being disqualified, and in the finals the jeep he went against broke down just before the finish line lol. On my way to the track, temps reached 95 late afternoon, but later in the evening had a nice breeze which allowed our jeeps to cool down a bit before the race. So here's a video of the event which I was waiting for, you think that with a few minutes of video that I would be able to see myself, nope, just for a couple of tenths of a second a couple of times, in 0:22 that's my jeep being zoomed in at showing my engine bay which I should've cleaned, then again at 0:42 and then my jeep in the track at the right lane (silver wk2) at 2:16 next to a turbo charged wk2 that belongs to my friend from that city, but unfortunately he was having problems with his tune and was only able to pull a 12.6 something, but nothing that can't be fixed at least. He told me he ran a 12.2 on the EVIC on 5 or 6 lbs of boost. Yea I know, I don't have a camera and my phone died on me so I wasn't able too shoot anything, but will be posting every time some video surfaces guys. Wasn't happy that this video doesn't show full runs let alone the best ones, but its a promotional video. It was indeed a mopar family gathering more than just a race, people from different nationalities were there with their jeeps met and got to know each other and had a great time, I for sure am one who did. Now that this event was a success it could be for all SRT models next year! Enjoy http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=_JAFHSYITpU Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Try the link again. It isn't working
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-21-2014, 08:11 AM
Red Suns's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 115
Thanks: 12
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 588
Red Suns is on a distinguished road
That was a really cool vid! Lots of SRTs for sure! Thanks for sharing that!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-21-2014, 08:14 AM
Chicago_Style's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 810
Thanks: 4
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 1075
Chicago_Style is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Suns View Post
That was a really cool vid! Lots of SRTs for sure! Thanks for sharing that!
It worked for you? It takes me to the popular YouTube videos page
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-21-2014, 11:12 AM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 48,997
Thanks: 856
Thanked 901 Times in 652 Posts
Rep Power: 7717604
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Cool
__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED Edition" 1 of 1
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2013 JKU 10th anniversary-white
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-21-2014, 01:53 PM
cmmurray77's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 141
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1416
cmmurray77 is on a distinguished road
Re: 45 SRT jeeps assemble

This link isn't working for me either. Going to a main page.
__________________
2014 SRT
2012 JKUR
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-21-2014, 02:10 PM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 48,997
Thanks: 856
Thanked 901 Times in 652 Posts
Rep Power: 7717604
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Worked for me
__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED Edition" 1 of 1
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2013 JKU 10th anniversary-white
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,155
Thanks: 24
Thanked 61 Times in 54 Posts
Rep Power: 43571
lstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 45 SRT jeeps assemble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Suns View Post
That was a really cool vid! Lots of SRTs for sure! Thanks for sharing that!
Can you imagine if you took all of them, or maybe a few more, out in the Black Rock desert, and had them all drag race side by side, you could probably affect the earth's rotation or spin axis?

That would be one heck of a YouTube...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-22-2014, 11:34 AM
Red Suns's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 115
Thanks: 12
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 588
Red Suns is on a distinguished road
Re: 45 SRT jeeps assemble

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstowell View Post
Can you imagine if you took all of them, or maybe a few more, out in the Black Rock desert, and had them all drag race side by side, you could probably affect the earth's rotation or spin axis?

That would be one heck of a YouTube...
Hah, don't know if ya'll remembered this commercial, but this came to mind with your comment. The original "4 door sports car".

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-08-2014, 09:15 AM
EviL's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UAE
Posts: 329
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 439486
EviL has a reputation beyond reputeEviL has a reputation beyond reputeEviL has a reputation beyond reputeEviL has a reputation beyond reputeEviL has a reputation beyond reputeEviL has a reputation beyond reputeEviL has a reputation beyond reputeEviL has a reputation beyond reputeEviL has a reputation beyond reputeEviL has a reputation beyond reputeEviL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 45 SRT jeeps assemble

urs was the fastest stock wk2, but my best was a 13.01 so technically i was a bit close but thing is i wasnt that confident with the shifting so i left it on D

but that was one hell of a day
__________________
2012 Jeep SRT "Silver Bullet" special build



Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 150
climbbike is on a distinguished road
Re: 45 SRT jeeps assemble

If you are having problems with the link, it's because it's the mobile link, here is the regular link:
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to climbbike For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 04-09-2014, 10:09 PM
Chicago_Style's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 810
Thanks: 4
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 1075
Chicago_Style is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by climbbike View Post
If you are having problems with the link, it's because it's the mobile link, here is the regular link:
That helps thanks! Epic Video!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jeep, SRT

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2008+ 3.7 WK owners....ASSEMBLE!!! FlyinRyan Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust 62 06-18-2014 11:14 PM
Stereo gurus assemble!! 99limited Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 43 02-09-2011 11:04 PM
Oil for your Jeeps whatevrworks Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 1 08-19-2010 03:01 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community