Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 > WK2 SRT Performance Discussion > Tuners/CMR/Dyno/Datalogging/Gauges

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #73  
Old 12-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 241
Thanks: 5
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 14671
Street has a reputation beyond reputeStreet has a reputation beyond reputeStreet has a reputation beyond reputeStreet has a reputation beyond reputeStreet has a reputation beyond reputeStreet has a reputation beyond reputeStreet has a reputation beyond reputeStreet has a reputation beyond reputeStreet has a reputation beyond reputeStreet has a reputation beyond reputeStreet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: diablo tune reviews...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankwedge View Post
U don't have to have it mounted. I put the tune on and disconnected the tuner cause I didn't want that mounted either
Yea, it just seems like a waste of money if you're not going to use the display. Thought there would be a cheaper version.

Wheres the best price for these? I've seen them on Amazon for $590 and free 2-day shipping with prime.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 49,657
Thanks: 896
Thanked 1,131 Times in 776 Posts
Rep Power: 7718657
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: diablo tune reviews...

got mine from chad@Blackops...PM him
__________________

__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED\BlackOps CFR Edition" 1 of 1
2013 JKU Wrangler 10A-stormtrooper'ed, JW Speaker and more!
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 349
Thanks: 3
Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 59234
A.V.GCSRT8 has a reputation beyond reputeA.V.GCSRT8 has a reputation beyond reputeA.V.GCSRT8 has a reputation beyond reputeA.V.GCSRT8 has a reputation beyond reputeA.V.GCSRT8 has a reputation beyond reputeA.V.GCSRT8 has a reputation beyond reputeA.V.GCSRT8 has a reputation beyond reputeA.V.GCSRT8 has a reputation beyond reputeA.V.GCSRT8 has a reputation beyond reputeA.V.GCSRT8 has a reputation beyond reputeA.V.GCSRT8 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: diablo tune reviews...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street View Post
Yea, it just seems like a waste of money if you're not going to use the display. Thought there would be a cheaper version.

Wheres the best price for these? I've seen them on Amazon for $590 and free 2-day shipping with prime.
Dont tell DS that, thats $9 under there price they might get mad
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 12-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 49,657
Thanks: 896
Thanked 1,131 Times in 776 Posts
Rep Power: 7718657
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: diablo tune reviews...

lol
__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED\BlackOps CFR Edition" 1 of 1
2013 JKU Wrangler 10A-stormtrooper'ed, JW Speaker and more!
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 11-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1288
Dwdrums00 is on a distinguished road
Re: diablo tune reviews...

I know it has been a year since this thread was active but I wanted to hear more feedback if the Trinty or intune DCX is worth it on a stock srt.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 11-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Black Ops Auto Works's Avatar
Premium Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 1,327
Thanks: 28
Thanked 92 Times in 63 Posts
Rep Power: 292377
Black Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond repute
Re: diablo tune reviews...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwdrums00 View Post
I know it has been a year since this thread was active but I wanted to hear more feedback if the Trinty or intune DCX is worth it on a stock srt.
I say not worth it yet but that is just me seems the tuning that it does unlock just is not worth It.

I haven't seen a single tuned Jeep that just made me say WOW!!!

I actually had a customer spend 15K for 95HP he was so pissed he traded his Jeep in. The Shop told him it was tuned so with that said a built motor and 15K later don't take a rocket scientist to figure out tuning just is not their.

Lets not forget the FI build that runs a tad better than a Non-FI build 3.6 0-60 vs a stock 3.8 0-60. IDK but IMO it's just not time yet.

On a side note I'll sell ya one if you really want one tho along with a supercharger and fuel system LOL.

No Seriously Don't fall for it yet It's just not time plenty of guinea pigs let em have at it for the braggin' rights of the first to throw their money away. I have a build that is on hold till We se something I will not direct my customer into throwing money at money that's bad business.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure if you have a Thermostat exhaust and some other minor bolt on's it could benifit I wouldn't do anything more than that at this point tho' FI Supercharger,Turbo built motor no wayy.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 11-27-2013, 12:21 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1288
Dwdrums00 is on a distinguished road
Re: diablo tune reviews...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ops Auto Works View Post
I say not worth it yet but that is just me seems the tuning that it does unlock just is not worth It.

I haven't seen a single tuned Jeep that just made me say WOW!!!

I actually had a customer spend 15K for 95HP he was so pissed he traded his Jeep in. The Shop told him it was tuned so with that said a built motor and 15K later don't take a rocket scientist to figure out tuning just is not their.

Lets not forget the FI build that runs a tad better than a Non-FI build 3.6 0-60 vs a stock 3.8 0-60. IDK but IMO it's just not time yet.

On a side note I'll sell ya one if you really want one tho along with a supercharger and fuel system LOL.

No Seriously Don't fall for it yet It's just not time plenty of guinea pigs let em have at it for the braggin' rights of the first to throw their money away. I have a build that is on hold till We se something I will not direct my customer into throwing money at money that's bad business.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure if you have a Thermostat exhaust and some other minor bolt on's it could benifit I wouldn't do anything more than that at this point tho' FI Supercharger,Turbo built motor no wayy.

I really appreciate the honest feedback. That was pretty much my feeling but it's nice to have it validated. I will stick with light mods on the SRT and enjoy my 820rwhp Camaro
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 11-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Black Ops Auto Works's Avatar
Premium Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 1,327
Thanks: 28
Thanked 92 Times in 63 Posts
Rep Power: 292377
Black Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond repute
Re: diablo tune reviews...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwdrums00 View Post
I really appreciate the honest feedback. That was pretty much my feeling but it's nice to have it validated. I will stick with light mods on the SRT and enjoy my 820rwhp Camaro
820HP Camaro what kind Just bought a ZL1 and the 650HP pack LOL.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 11-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1288
Dwdrums00 is on a distinguished road
Re: diablo tune reviews...

820 RWHP, which is closer to 950 hp at the crank. It's a 4th gen fbody, forged 408cid, procharger F1R, etc. Only running it at 12psi on 91 octane.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 11-27-2013, 01:51 PM
Black Ops Auto Works's Avatar
Premium Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 1,327
Thanks: 28
Thanked 92 Times in 63 Posts
Rep Power: 292377
Black Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond repute
Re: diablo tune reviews...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwdrums00 View Post
820 RWHP, which is closer to 950 hp at the crank. It's a 4th gen fbody, forged 408cid, procharger F1R, etc. Only running it at 12psi on 91 octane.
Sick!!!
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 12-02-2013, 01:56 PM
A-kon's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Houston, Mexico
Posts: 494
Thanks: 70
Thanked 71 Times in 55 Posts
Rep Power: 1019
A-kon is on a distinguished road
Re: diablo tune reviews...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ops Auto Works View Post

Lets not forget the FI build that runs a tad better than a Non-FI build 3.6 0-60 vs a stock 3.8 0-60. IDK but IMO it's just not time yet.
One important point left out here. That 0-60 in the FI build is close to year-round numbers. The stock SRT Jeeps have produced freakish numbers in -DA but in general there is no way the stock 2014 is pulling a sub 4 second 0-60. 4.4-4.6? Definitely. Faster than that? No fricking way.

Magazines, as shitty as they are, manage damn impressive times with the ML63 and X5M. Same day, same test, they get a 4.8-5.0 for the Jeep. Why? weather. The FI cars aren't affected by the DA nearly as much as the NA Jeep is. It's not until the winter that we stand a chance.

So while that FI car is doing a 3 second range 0-60 when it's 95 degrees and 75% humidity, your stock Jeep is doing it in 4.8 on an empty tank.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to A-kon For This Useful Post:
  #84  
Old 12-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Black Ops Auto Works's Avatar
Premium Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 1,327
Thanks: 28
Thanked 92 Times in 63 Posts
Rep Power: 292377
Black Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Ops Auto Works has a reputation beyond repute
Re: diablo tune reviews...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-kon View Post
One important point left out here. That 0-60 in the FI build is close to year-round numbers. The stock SRT Jeeps have produced freakish numbers in -DA but in general there is no way the stock 2014 is pulling a sub 4 second 0-60. 4.4-4.6? Definitely. Faster than that? No fricking way.

Magazines, as shitty as they are, manage damn impressive times with the ML63 and X5M. Same day, same test, they get a 4.8-5.0 for the Jeep. Why? weather. The FI cars aren't affected by the DA nearly as much as the NA Jeep is. It's not until the winter that we stand a chance.

So while that FI car is doing a 3 second range 0-60 when it's 95 degrees and 75% humidity, your stock Jeep is doing it in 4.8 on an empty tank.
I agree 100% but the numbers are pretty steady from what I've seen and have been for a while now. I have at least a dozen customers claim they are in the 3.9 0-60 all the time and another dozen at 4.1. I guess time will tell I'm curious to see exactly what the adaptives do with the new tuners and If these times will actually drop more.
From what I recall when the Vortech was all that was available back in 07 for the previous Gens they where running considerably better than this Gen FI. I'm not sure what a stock vortech jeep was running but it was a hell of a lot better than .3-.5 from a non FI jeep just sayin'.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diablo in-tune 61srtwk Tuners/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges 9 01-26-2013 09:32 AM
Diablo Sport Tune IRISH Grand Cherokee SRT8 - WK 17 01-12-2012 09:02 PM
Diablo 93 Tune Installed... Frankie Performance Modifications 40 09-14-2009 04:20 PM
Custom Tune Reviews tman4024 Performance Modifications 7 08-30-2009 09:35 PM
Diablo Custom Tune jeepfan30 Performance Modifications 4 06-06-2009 12:32 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.