The engineers have done there thing which turns out to be:
- Inspection : Passed
- Multiple Brake Tests (Loaded / Unloaded) : Passed
- Multiple Noise Tests : Passed
The equipment used included camera's, GPS units, laptops, sound metres etc etc. Took about 4 hours.
They liked the look of the kit and had no issues with it. Only comments were in general that:
- a cold air feed would help (I pointed out that once moving the Air Temp is only 6-7C above ambient)
- one of the sensors go thought a rubber pipe not the stainless and it may be a point where boost could be lost (I pointed out that we are only talking 5-6psi).
One thing that are looking at is if I need to fit a shield over the Air Filter (something about legislation being changed on this), but apparently that would not be a big thing.
The testing was done on a drag strip (Western Sydney) and while they would not let "me" have a go (or sit in the car), I did "convince" them to do one 400m run. Nothing to special with a 4.2sec 0-100 (hot days, lots of weight and a couple of hours running the car) ... but at least I've now got some other figures on my SRT apps of:
- 200m = 8.1sec @ 147km/h (91mph)
- 400m = 12.6sec @ 180km/h (112mph)
...now all I need is to pass the emissions test tomorrow.
I not sure if we are tested under Euro 5 (core) or Euro 4 standards, and the test returned (all g/km) over 2 tests:
- THC = 0.0 / 0.0 (Euro 5 & 4 limit 0.1)
- NOx = 0.06 / 0.05 (Euro 5 limit 0.06 Euro 4 limit 0.08)
- CO = 0.2 / 0.2 (Euro 5 & 4 limit 1.0)
Well done RIPP, looks like it has all passed with your kit and stock tune to be road legal in Australia (NSW)!
FYI - the tester has seen one other SRT SC come though (not sure who's kit) and it failed badly, though they obviously did some stuff (new tune?) as it passed on a later test.