Originally Posted by JeepTude
I'm curious to know as well as I have a 2015 GC Altitude.
Once install is done, would you mind posting photos?
I have successfully installed the Xtreme HID H11 kit from XenonDepot and I have a few things to add to this thread.
Steve at XenonDepot was extremely helpful. There was a slight quirk with one of the components of the kit, he answered my email promptly, arranged a call, and had a replacement out to me within 2 days. Absolutely fantastic to work with; I would definitely recommend this kit for its quality and customer service. Steve was understanding, and a pleasure to chat with.
A few notes about the install. Here's the kit with CANbus laid out:
1. As stated, the positive leads on the relay are too small to fit over the positive post in the fuse box. I bought some larger connectors to splice into the end of the relay to make it fit. After looking at the post, I decided that the supplied connectors were not THAT much smaller, I had planned to drill them out to keep the kit in-tact (the weatherproofing and connection from the kit looked better than what I thought I could do). Instead, I simply snipped them and opened them up a bit. No need to cut or splice on a new connector. Easy:
2. The passenger side bulb was a little tricky to get to. You have to open up the "access" hole in the fender liner and bear hug the front of the car to get things lined up. Use your left hand through the fender liner hole to guide your right hand with the bulb into place. I don't see how removing the bumper gets you any more access to this, as it's tucked pretty high under the fender. I left the bumper on. Take note the orientation of the old halogen bulb when you remove it, and carefully align the new one in place. Here's where I mounted the ballast on the passenger side:
3. Once you remove the airbox, the drivers' side is easier to access. Take your time here, there is also an access hole in the fender liner as well. I thought I could get a little cheeky and mount the components for the drivers' side right on the frame rail here:
This didn't work, as the airbox clearance does not allow it. It's pretty tight as you can see in the following photo. Here's what I ended up doing on the drivers' side:
I ran the wires under the plastic cowl when possible. Everything zip tied and tucked nicely: